One Rainy Day

Everyday with you

"It's raining." 

You peer out from the shelter at the gloomy gray sky with a frown. It was sunny less than an hour ago, but now the clouds have gathered and the rain is building up. 

"Maybe it wasn't a good idea," Yongguk says tentatively. You turn to look at your good friend (sort of boyfriend) and glare at him.

"Yah, I was trying to get you to take a break from work! You're either at the studio or having dance practice, if not, you'll be huddled up at home. You should get out more often." You in a light-hearted manner but your heart is heavy; You're worried for him because he has not taken a proper rest in a long while. He looks terribly tired, dark rings under his eyes, and heavy lids. He probably hadn't had a good sleep in a few days. 

Seeing the concern in your eyes, he sighs and walks towards you to gently pinch your cheek. "Yah. I'm fine, really. Don't worry too much about me."

"You have too much work. Or rather, " You cross your arms and purse your lips. "You work too much. You've gotta take a break now and then, ya know." 

"Got it~" He flashes you his gummy smile. "So don't fret too much over oppa, okay?" 

It's not fair. You can never resist that gummy smile of his, and he knows it. Grinning, Yongguk says. "Besides, it's dangerous outside the studio. Or my house." 

You roll your eyes at him but chuckled. "Of course it is." 

He steps up to stand next to you and holds out his hand to catch the falling rain. "I wonder when is the rain going to stop." You look up at the person you love, his dark eyes distant as he stares out into the rain. You have always loved him, but from a distance. His work as a celebrity did not really allow time or privacy for romance, and neither has he shown interest in dating. Yet. (A girl can always hope, right? ;D) It never stopped you from supporting him but at times like this, it is hard to watch him strain under the pressure and even harder when you could not do much to help. A sudden wind blows and you instinctively take a step back as the cold air whips through your hair.

Yongguk glances at you, seemingly worried. "It's getting cold. Maybe we should go back to the cafe and wait out the rain." 

But, you want to stay out here with him, just a little longer. Just the two of you. 

A crazy idea strikes you and you shoot Yongguk a cheeky look. He looks confused as you run out into the rain. 

"Yah! What are you doing?" Yongguk yells at you as the rain pelts down hard. You stop a few metres out into the rain, turn around and laugh. 

"We came here to take a walk! So I'm doing that." The rain is cold to the touch but it is also refreshing. 

"You'll catch a cold! Come back here!" He yells, gesturing wildly. When you shrug and look away, he lets out an exasperated sigh and tentatively takes a step out. "YAH! Come back here!" 

Ignoring him, you tilt your head back and let the rain fall onto your face. "Ahhhhh! This feels wonderful!" 

Without you noticing, Yongguk cautiously takes a few more steps before running towards you. When you turn to look at him, he is already near you. You darted away when he comes near, giggling. 

"Do you want oppa to get angry?" Yongguk sounds annoyed but there is a hint of a smile behind his usually solemn face. "Come to oppa now." 

"Don't want~" You take another few steps back as he comes closer. "You'll just hit my forehead!" 

He stands still, one hand over his eyes to shield them from the rain and gestured again. "Come here! I promise I won't do that."  

"Ehhhh~ Liar." You laugh but stood still where you are.

Your smile tugs at his heartstrings and he feels his heart flutter slightly. The bright, warm smile seemed to light up the place. Suddenly, the rain didn't seem so heavy and the cold air less chilly. The tension from his shoulders eased and his chest felt less tight. He could feel himself smiling back, a genuine and relaxed smile.

"It was a good idea to come out,after all." 

 

 

Author's note: I hope you guys liked it! It's been raining a lot where I am >:D and I'm sorry if it got a little heavy! I promise to make the next one fluffier and cuter <3