two

Sick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This house is scary. 


It is not like it a somber damp place with scary old architecture. The high end apartment Jungkook bought for the both of them was relatively new. 

But Jin couldn't help but feel like he is not alone , even when he was home all alone. 

    Jungkook went America , to shoot his new upcoming movie. He was away for a two weeks and Jungkook tried to get Jin to come with him. Jin laughed and told Jungkook that he can handle himself home. Jin truly didn't want to become a burden to jungkook and he wanted to be mature and handle himself alone. 

  But he can't. 


The doors are sometimes closed and locked  when Jin forgot to close them  and pantry cupboards Creepily open in front of jin's eyes. The magnetic letters on the fridge keeps spelling weird words like 

"cabbage , SUGA , cars ,  chewing gum , sorry, hills , rain , save  ..." 

  It would make no sense at all. Jin couldn't possibly explain why this was happening. Now that jungkook is gone , these weird incidences kept happening frequently. Jin felt a constant presence next to him , it was terrifying. He gets chills even thinking about it. 

  Maybe it is the paranormal? Jin thinks. It can't be. I must be crazy. 

     Jin made himself oatmeal , added some chopped fruits and watched the morning news like the Ahjusshi he is. He left the empty bowl to clean up later and goes back in to his room. 

He sees the magazines that were nearly piled on the nightstand . Jin sees one magazine on the floor that is flipped to a certain place. It was like almost someone was sitting down in his room and fillpes that magazine page. 

That's ridiculous. Jin thought. 

  He bends down to clean up and picked it up. It was  a life style magazine and the heading was " cafe SUGA ; the place to be to fix your  coffee rush"

    Jin kept reading down the article , his mind kept blacking out. He couldn't focus  on the letters of the article. They kept blurrying and merging in to word vomit. 

Jin screams and throws the magazine away as if it was on fire. He runs out of the room as if he had seen a ghost and calls Jungkook immediately. He had him on speed dial anyway. 

" j-Jungkook ?"

" hmm? Jin ? What time is it ?" Jungkook sounded half asleep and tired. Jin bit his tongue , he forgot to check the time zones before calling.

" I-I am sorry I forgot you were-"

"It's okay , I am awake now anyway" Jungkook said , Jin could see the patience in his eyes from here. 

" did something happen?"

" no , it's just." Jin sighed " I remembered something "

" remember ? What ?! What did you remember ?" Jungkook sounded distressed and Jin never quite understood why he would always freak out when Jin says he remembers his past. 

  Jungkook told him to not even try to remember what happened before. 

" we are happy together now and that's all we need " Jungkook said back then. 

  Jungkook is only trying to shield him from his traumatizing past , and Jin doesn't wan to remember that horrible accident which took so much from his and jungkook's lives. 

That's why Jin doesn't even try to remember , he hates seeing jungkook panic over his health. 

" what did you see?! Did you remember ...Please just don't try to-"

" what is SUGA ?" 

There was a long pause after that. Jin waited for Jungkook to answer , he didn't brake the silence until Jungkook did. 

" it's the place you used to work before ... When you graduated , you started a cafe called SUGA and ..."

" and?"

" now it's run by one of your trusted sous chef . His name is park jimin and you and him were quite close back then . So I figured out that I will hand your cafe to him and-"

Wait. He used to run a business ? A cafe ? He was a chef ? Why is he hearing all of this now ?! 

" why didn't you tell me about this ?!  This is my career ! It must've been something important to me ! Jungkook !!"

    Jin was surprised at himself for raising his voice at Jungkook. He never raised his voice around him. Jin felt angry , irritated. He felt something was taken away from him but he felt frustrated that he didn't even remember it until that he read that stupid magazine article. 

Jungkook didn't reply for a few seconds , he must've been shocked at jin's sudden outburst. Usually Jin was very accepting of jungkook's decisions he made about jin's past. 

" Jin are you mad ?" Jungkook's words were careful. " you know I just wanted to protect you right ? I thought maybe if you go there , you will remember the night of the accident. I just wanted to protect you"

   Jin breathed loudly. Protect him. Jungkook just wanted to protect him. 

Your protection suffocates me ! 

  Jin wanted to scream that to Jungkook but he couldn't. He Couldn't say anything to Jungkook. He felt that if he did , it would be insensitive. 

" I - okay "

" just forget it. Just forget everything. You and I are happy together and that's all that matters right ?" Jungkook's voice was soothing 

Yeah. That's all that matters. 

 


---------------------------

 


Jin rarely goes outside 


   Jungkook said that Jin used to love going outdoors and socializing before the accident. He said that Jin would randomly wander outside without telling anyone  , causing Jungkook to have mini heart attacks. Jin laughed and apologized for his past self. 

   Jin doesn't really like going outside , he hates cars and the streets are full of them. The vehicles and the noises make it difficult for him to be outside , he either ends up having a panic attack or fainting. 

For some reason , maybe because of momentum ... Jin felt the urge to go out from the house. 

 

   He would always go outside with Jungkook , and never without him. Jungkook always made him feel safe , and Jin liked jungkook's company more than anything in this world. Well , jungkook is the only person Jin talks with. 

  Jin asked what he did before the accident , what dreams he had and where he worked. Jungkook clutches him closer , and told him all about it. Jin loved that jungkook never gets annoyed or tired of jin's endless questions about his past self. Jin was like a child , inquiring answers and Jungkook always found it endearing. 

  Jin read the magazine article on SUGA over and over again. He must've made all sort of pastries , cookies and desserts and all things sweet. 

  He would come home smelling saccharine sweet , a smell that jungkook is used to. Jungkook must've said  it matches jin's sweet personality. 

Wait ... Why does he have a memory of coming home smelling sweet ? 

   Jin thinks he likes cooking even now , although he was very good at it before ...jin feels like he is not as good as he used to be. Sometimes he messes dishes up , which apparently never happened when he was a culinary student. 

   Jin wanted to go back to where he used to work , to that place called "SUGA" or wherever. He wanted to go there badly , like he had been waiting forever. 

But he can't. 

Jungkook is not in town. He went to the states to promote his new album and he is currently on tour. Jin can't bother him , Jin wanted badly to call Jungkook and tell him how he wants to go out but Jin didn't want to be a nuisance.


  Suddenly the curtains in the living room ripped open , startling Jin. Jin was used to weird things happening around the house and this wasn't the weirded. 

Jin looked outside the ripped curtains and smiles. 


Maybe , just maybe ... He can go out without Jungkook. 


     Jin ran in to his room , put on a cozy jacket and head out the door. Jin didn't think , he didn't think about anything at all. He had one mission in his head , to go outside. To explore. To breathe. 

To not be confined in to the four walls of his house. 

   The rush of adrenaline slowly burned out when he was outside. Seoul was busy , and the driving was reckless. People were everywhere , walking in unorganized clusters. Some walking fast while others took their time.  

It was chaos. 

    It didn't take a time for Jin to realize that he doesn't know anywhere to go. He doesn't remember the roads , the cities , the names of people he used to know. He never been anywhere without Jungkook , and he had forgotten every place we'd been. Jungkook always drove him around , he could remember some markers but never the destination. 

I did a stupid thing. I did a stupid thing. I did a stupid thing.Jin kept cursing to himself. He looked back at his house in the distance. He thinks he should go back , and wait until Jungkook comes back , to go to that restaurant that he worked before. 

He was never good enough to do anything by himself anyway ..... 

" hey are you lost?" Someone tapped jin's shoulders and Jin squeaked. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter