Prologue

Sick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue. 

 


Jin knew his eyes were closed , his left cheek was pressed against the mattress. But somehow he was wide awake. He was in his velvet pajamas , crouched in to a fetal position.  Jin couldn't explain how he knew that he was awake , he felt air leaving out of his nostrils as he exhaled.  It was he was trapped in some kind of inception. 

Suddenly Jin felt like a shadow pass before his eyes , it was a fast and swift movement. Jin felt a cold breath hit his face , it couldn't be jungkook because Jin was sure that jungkook was sleeping in the opposite corner of the bed.

Jin tried to open his eyes , but for some weird reason he couldn't open them . Mildly panicking , He tried to roll over to jungkook's side but  his hands and legs were locked in place. He couldn't move , he couldn't scream , he couldn't even open his eyes. 

Sleep paralysis. 

    Jin felt like something was on top of his body, it was a heavy feeling on his chest. It wasn't like someone was trying to strangle him , it felt gentle like someone was putting a arm on his chest gently pressing on it. 

It was a constricting feeling , like he was being watched but it didn't feel threatening at all.  
  His heart beat faster and faster and suddenly he felt the heavy feeling on his chest reduce. It reduced to a point that Jin felt like he was floating through the sky. He felt light as a feather , floating about ten feet above the air. 

Jin thinks he likes this dream. 

But soon he drifts to the corner of the room , he regained the strength to open his eyes. He was floating in the sky , put he was farther away from the room. He saw jungkook's large frame covered in the white bedsheets unaware of what's happening. 

But next to jungkook's body , lays  jin's sleeping body. 

Impossible. Jin thought. 

How can I be there when I am here ?! 

Jin immediately looks at his hands and looks back at the bed. Did his sprit travelled from his body ?! Was he freed from his body ?! How ?! 

It was weird seeing himself , from afar. 

    His unconscious body lays on the bed , and someone was kneeling in front of the bed. Jin didn't know who it was but from the corner of the room he was trapped in , Jin couldn't see the man's face. Only his back and outlines of his pale skin. 

The anonymous man knelt in front of Jin. He reached his pale ghost skin over the unconscious jin's face and it gently with the back of his hand. It was affectionate and slow , as if the unknown man was appreciating every curve and Hallow of jin's face. 

Jin felt his heart was going to come out of his throat. 

The unknown man who was kneeling leaned in to the unconscious jin's ear and whispered something inaudible to him. Jin couldn't make out what the man was saying but Jin felt chills going through his spine when the man kissed the tip of his nose. 

Jin wanted to run there and turn that anonymous man around and slap him in the face , but he was in solitary confinement. 

The man didn't look neither like a angel or a demon.... 

   Jin felt like he will never be able to get in to his body again. What if the stranger man is a spirit , wanting to inhabit his body?! Jin felt like something was off about this situation , like he was under threat. 

Finally , jin was able to snap out of his trance and scream. He screamed on top of his lungs , out of fear , out of pure desperation and out of helplessness. 

Jin watches the stranger vanish in to thin air , particle by particle and Jin wakes up in his own body when the anonymous man was completely gone. 

He was still screaming when he woke up in his own body , his body jerk right up straight as a arrow. He was sweating and shaking profusely. Jungkook woke up almost immediately to jin's shrill screams. 

"  What ?" Jungkook's was groggy and sleepiness traced his voice. But he saw Jin shaking like a leaf in the autumn wind and immediately hugs him in a strong embrace. 

" Jin ...." Jungkook says in a gentler voice , hugging Jin tighter in a warm embrace , leaving no space between them. Jin sobs in to jungkook's chest. 

" bad nightmare?" Jungkook asks and Jin nods. 

   Jungkook knows Jin the best. Jin sometimes get annoyed at the fact that jungkook seemed to know him like the back of his hand , Jin doesn't like it when jungkook seems to read his mind. But times like this , he feels glad that jungkook knows exactly what to do without a single word shared. 

   Jungkook rubs the small of jin's back , in soothing circles. Jin fists a handful of fabric of jungkook's pajama and let's the tears flow. 

It's scares him. These nightmares scares him. 

" it's going to be alright ..." Jungkook hums a soothing lullaby to his ears and rocks their bodies back and forth. Jin thinks they were in that position for a long time. 

Despite the fact that Jin was older , jungkook was the one that who always babied him. 

" I am sorry jungkook ... I am sorry" Jin said , feeling guilty for waking jungkook up almost every single day. 

" don't be sorry ..." Jungkook whispers in to jin's ear , it made Jin shudder. He remembered how the Anonymous figure whispered in his ear when he was unconscious. Jin took his head back and looked in to jungkook's confused eyes. Feeling guilty for making jungkook feel bad Jin kissed jungkook lightly on the lips. 

    It was just a light peck on the lips , but it was intimate and filled with love and longing. Jin doesn't know how he can survive these reoccurring nightmares every single day without the help of jungkook and his healing hugs. 

    According to jungkook , all of this happened after the accident. according to the doctors , he was in a major car accident which resulted in Jin getting in to a coma for three months. 

    Jungkook says that Jin barely survived and he hates talking about that time because it makes him tear up and Jin hated seeing jungkook sad. 

Jin still remember being on that hospital room and only a nurse to supervise him. The nurse told him that his husband was waiting for him. Jin remember being confused about his supposed husband when he couldn't even remember his own name. 

   According to jungkook , jin never weird saw things happening or saw these weird dreams before the accident. Jin was normal in a sense. 

Jin's psychologist called it a post traumatic stress disorder. It's where the brain dilutions you to hide a traumatic experience. On top of having amnesia and forgetting his beloved husband , Jin suffered from hallucinations and sleep paralysis. 

     Jin often wonders why jungkook would choose to hang around a sick person like him ? Why do jungkook love him this much? Do I even deserve this man?

" why do you love me jungkook ? I am a burden" Jin's voice was small and insecure 

 Jungkook looked deep in to Jin's eyes , jin loved jungkook's eyes. It's like staring in to a deep abyss. The blackness in his eyes seemed like a void sometimes but it would seem to fill with warmth and love  when he looked at Jin. 

" I loved you since day one , how can you ever be a burden ?" Jungkook says lovingly and he visibly relaxed when he say Jin smile back. 

Jin was always jealous of jungkook for his memory , he always seemed to remember the stuff before the accident. How they met. The conversations they had before. The dates they used to go before.. All the memories prior to the accident , jungkook remembered. As if he was talking off a diary writing. 

Jin would get inferior and jealous because he wasn't the one who remembers those important memories even though he lived through them. 

" tell me about the first day you met me" 

Jin would always ask a story about what it was like before the accident , those stories with them as a main characters were so interesting and personal to Jin. Those were Jin's ow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter