She is her. He is him.

Love at 100th sight

SM University

“ Taeyeon, why are you eating again? You just said that you’re full just now.”

“I’m not hungry anymore. I just want to munch on something”

“You just want to snack, don’t you? Fine, just don’t complain about your weight later.”

“It’s okay. I will exercise.”

                Roughly, that’s what it is like in Taeyeon and Tiffany’s daily lives. These two are best friend, inseparable since they were in first year of high school. They may seem different but they are seriously similar in a lot of ways. Appearance wise, Taeyeon seems like Miss Goody-two Shoes while Tiffany is the one who looks like the cheeky, naughty one. However, actually, the role is reversed. Taeyeon is the naughty one and Tiffany is the one who always takes care of her. But, there is one striking similarity between them; they are very playful and if they are feeling up to it, they play pranks on each other or other people or break rules such as escaping classes or leave the dormitory illegally.  This is why they get the “Little Devils” nicknames, thanks to their small physiques.

                Taeyeon is active as a debater while Tiffany is famous for her Taekwondo skills.  Although she actually hates it, Taeyeon still joins the debate team to challenge her introvert self. Yes, she is an introvert, she gets uncomfortable with strangers really easily and it usually takes her very long time to open up and accept someone in her life, thanks to her life journey so far. This is also why Tiffany is her one and only best friend.  She has lots of friends or “connections”, as she likes to call it, but she never cross the border of personal talk with others. It is usually other people who tell her their problems or secrets because she is a good listener, but her never open up to others, except one person, Tiffany.

                Despite her very good Taekwondo skills, Tiffany is actually hiding one secret from people around her, except her family and Taeyeon. She suffers from scoliosis. Her back bone is not straight, she thinks this is caused by her constant wrestle with her brother when they were young. This is why she appears small, she is actually taller than Taeyeon by almost 10cm but that can only happen if her bone is straightened. By practicing Taekwondo, she is training her body to get used to the intensive painful monthly treatment for scoliosis. It s her habit to ask Taeyeon to massage her back whenever they are meeting each other and thanks to that, Taeyeon is a good massager. Although both of them are busy with each others’ lives, they make it a habit to meet each other on their free weekend, just to catch up with each other.

“How was your match with YG University last week?”

“Annoying. They have one new speaker and he annoys me to the max.”

“Hahaha! How is he? Is he good-looking?”

“He’s ugly, seriously. Even my grandfather is better looking than him.”

“Sure, sure. Like I believe you.”

Tiffany was smiling the whole time beside Taeyeon who sulked all day long. She kept on teasing the latter on the ‘ugly’ guy. Why? Because despite Taeyeon’s sassy attitude, she’s not the one to instantly dislike someone upon first meeting. That ‘ugly’ guy must have done something interesting to annoy Taeyeon this much.

“Well, I’ll just have to ask Jessica then. She’ll answer me.” Tiffany said while continue nudging Taeyeon on her arm.

“Fine. Do whatever you want.” Taeyeon grumpily said while walking ahead faster, leaving laughing Tiffany behind.

 

YG University

There is a reason why Jiyong is so famous in his univeristy, even though he’s a new student. He is good-looking, very smart, an aspiring athlete and very good debater. As a debater, he is not the one to shout or speak loudly to emphasize his points or get antsy when the opponent tries to tackle his speech. Instead, he counters everything in a surprisingly calming way. Even when he ran like a human bullet for the sport tournament and won first place, defeating the last 3-years champion, he just smiled and politely took pictures with fangirls. Although he is a quiet guy, his overall personal achievement made him an instant superstar at his university, although he just enrolled there for a month.

The reason he transferred to this university is Big Bang. That was the name he and his four other friends decided on when they joined the hip hop underground scene, two years ago. Yes, despite his good student appearance, he loves hip hop and has been active as an underground rapper for five years under the alias of G-Dragon. He met the rest of Big Bang during his underground battles and made friends with Top, his once enemy; Sun, the soul vocalist; D-Lite; the honey-voiced singer and Victory; the best dancer in the underground world. They created Big Bang because they share the same dream which is to enjoy hip hop as much as they want, without restrictions from anybody. “Living a free life” is their motto. The fact that their backgrounds definitely are against their dream, causes them to living their free lives in secret.

“Yah! Why didn’t you come to visit Top hyung’s match last week?” Daesung /D-Lite smacked Seungri / Vistory’s head, causing the latter to whine loudly.

“Aishht! Hyung! I might get migraine if you keep on smacking my head like that.”

“You won’t get migraine from smacks on the head, pabo.” Sun/Taeyang smirked while listening to whatever song from his headphone.

“It’s okay. Hyung still won.” Jiyong just said while closing his eyes, pretending to sleep.

“Even the busy Jiyong came. How come you didn’t? Give me 10 good reasons now or I’ll smack your head hard enough for you to sleep.” Top said while pretending to stand up to go after Seungri.

“ What? That’s not fair. You’re Taekwondo master!”

“One..two..three..” Top counted while looking at his reflections on the mirror of their secret meeting empty room beside the gym, teasing Seungri.

“Err. Because I love hyung. Times ten!” Seungri shouted while running out of the room. Of course, Top went out sprinting after him.

The others just laughed seeing their oldest and youngest joking around. Their lives are peaceful and they are happy with their lifestyles so far.

Not until that one fateful meeting…