Chapter 1

My heart beats when I look at you

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you enjoy what has been the result of the vmin attack during BST era... It's my first fanfic so enjoy! 

 

 Chapter 1:

 

     Taehyung sighed for the 5th time in two minutes. His fingers tapped gently on his desk as he stared at his best friend. Usually he wouldn't be just looking. He would be talking and laughing with him, wrapping his arm around his shoulders and watching as Jimin's eyes formed little crescents at a particularly funny joke. Now he was on the outside as someone had entered and stolen his best friend away. Min Yoongi.

     The boy was a senior, a year above both Jimin and himself, and was a friend of Hoseok, who had introduced the two. At first he had been happy when he set the two of them up, Taehyung himself had been dating a boy named Jeon Jungkook for several months since he met him in his math class. He wasn't so sure now.

     Jimin had been canceling their hang-outs in order to spend time with his hyung, and as time went on he felt as if he was drifting from Jimin's consciousness. He winced as he watched Jimin's eyes form happy crescents as he laughed at something Yoongi had whispered to him. He noted the way Yoongi would look at Jimin, how he would touch Jimin, would wrap his arms around his shoulder where Taehyung's would normally rest. Another sigh erupted from his lips as he forced himself to turn back to Jungkook, who was talking excitedly about his new dance partner and the choreography they were planning for their semester final.

     “...and we're hoping to end it with this complicated spin outward!” Jungkook finished, oblivious to the internal plight of his boyfriend.

     “You'll have to show me sometime.” Taehyung replied with a grin, hoping would make up for the fact he had zoned out of his explanation. Jungkook smiled widely, nodding his head at that.

     “Then I can introduce you to Jackson, he's a really nice guy, I think you two will get along!” He was about to add something more before the teachers voice cut across the noise of the classroom, calling for the silence and attention of his students. Taehyung watched out of the corner of his eye as Yoongi rushed out of the class, clearly late for his own. He saw the way Jimin's face broke into a smile at the forgetfulness of his hyung as he watched Yoongi scurry away. For unknown reasons Taehyung felt his heart clench and he turned away to pay attention to his teachers lecture on the merits of a market economy.

     This was how the next couple months progressed. Jimin spending more and more time with Yoongi while Taehyung felt himself distancing from Jungkook in order to find days where he could hang out with his best friend. Jungkook didn't notice the change, too busy with preparing for his dance final that he didn't spare a thought towards the change in attitude Taehyung had towards the future of their relationship.

     Taehyung himself wasn't sure what to make of his feelings towards both Jungkook and Jimin. He was the one who had approached Jungkook for a date, the one who had spent months talking to Jimin about his crush on the male, and had even began to ditch Jimin in order to gt closer to Jungkook. Wait what? He had been ditching Jimin for Jungkook? He was jealous of Yoongi for stealing his best friend's time, while he simultaneously ignored his own rejection of Jimin. He felt like , this was before Yoongi had approached Jimin, before he had gotten closer to both Seokjin and Hoseok. He must have felt lonely.

     “Hey Taehyung are you feeling okay? You've been spacing out all lunch.” Jimin questions from his place across the table. He looks up, eying the arm Yoongi had wrapped around Jimin's shoulder and suppressed a groan. He forced a smile on his face, not wanting Jimin to be worried about him.

     “Don't worry about me Jiminie I'm fine.” Jimin eyes him, but is distracted by Yoongi when he whispers something in his ear that caused him to giggle softly. It took everything he had to not get up and rip Yoongi off his best friend. No one other than Taehyung should make Jimin smile like that. Helplessly, he sat by as Yoongi slowly drew closer to Jimin, continuing to have some secret conversation that lit some spark of joy within Jimin's brown eyes. He couldn't take it anymore.


     “Uh, sorry guys I just remembered I have to meet with one of my teachers during lunch.” He mumbled before abruptly standing and walking away. After he was sure no one could see him, he ran to his safe spot, a hidden cove on the roof he and Jimin had spent countless lunches hiding within. He curled up in a ball, trying to sort out why exactly he was feeling so possessive of his dear friend. Jimin wasn't HIS, Yoongi had been making it clear to those around him that he had dibs on Jimin. He knew now what was bothering him He had never seen Jimin as just a friend. He was HIS Jiminie, the ray of sunshine he had met during elementary school who had always been there for him. He couldn’t keep going like this, it wasn't fair to Jimin, or Jungkook for that matter. He swallowed the guilt building within him and made his decision. He would break up with Jungkook and tell Jimin how he felt about him.

     “Taehyung? Are you up here?” Jimin's voice cautiously called from the door to the roof. He didn't answer, but seconds later Jimin's head popped out from around the corner, relief flooding his face at the sight of Taehyung sitting there. The relief was soon replaced with worry as he scrambled over to sit beside him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. “Are you sure you're okay, you look like .”

     He was silent for awhile. He didn't know what to say, or how to say it. “I-I'm not.” Is all he managed to croak out before Jimin pulled him into his chest. It was strange usually Taehyung initiated their cuddle sessions, Jimin being entirely too nervous to even think of it. He nuzzled into Jimin's chest, absorbing the warmth and comfort it provided him before he made his decision. He liked being in Jimin's arms, he liked having his sunshine belong to him. He pulled away slightly, searching Jimin's eyes for any sign for him to continue. It was a spark, faint, but present, that gave Taehyung the courage to confess. “I'll tell you this weekend, are you still up for that study session?”

     Jimin looked at him quizzically before nodding in affirmation, and Taehyung grinned at him. He nuzzled back into his chest, his arms snaking around Jimin's waist, sighing at the familiarity of his presence. With his ear pressed Jimin's chest, he could hear his heart beat pick up, causing him to smile to himself. Clearly he wasn't the only one who felt at least a little fluttery in their intimate embrace. They stayed like that for awhile, Jimin's hand Taehyung's hair as they simply basked in their closeness. They were jolted back to reality at the bell signaling the end of lunch.

     “Let's go Jiminie, I'll see you tomorrow at 3?” He asked, extending his hand to help Jimin to his feet once he had brushed the dirt off his clothes.

     “Of course!” Jimin exclaimed, pulling himself up with Taehyung's assistance. He stumbled a bit on his way up, causing him to fall into Taehyung's arms, which wrapped around him instinctively preventing the both of them from falling back on the cement floor.

     “I look forward to it.” He whispered lowly in Jimin's ear before pulling back and taking his hand, pulling him out of their secret spot. He could see the dark flush across Jimin's face and grinned to himself as he practically dragged Jimin downstairs towards their classroom. Jungkook was waiting outside, glancing from side to side nervously. His eyes flushed with relief as he saw Taehyung and he waved at the two of them as they approached the classroom.

     “I'm so glad you found him, Jimin! I was so worried when he ran off like that.” Jungkook gushed, and Taehyung felt as if his heart were being stabbed with knife. He watched carefully as a forced smile stretched across Jimin's face as he nodded to Jungkook.

     “If he causes any more trouble, just let me know.” He murmured before quickly entering the classroom, leaving the two of them along in the hallway.

     “Jungkook, can I talk to you after school? There's something we need to discuss.” He implored, hands clenching into his shirt as he debated whether he really wanted to go through with this. Jungkook wasn't dumb, he picked up on the subtext and nodded stiffly before walking into the classroom. With Jimin around he knew he had no chance. He was glad he had a few months of blissful ignorance with his crush before Taehyung realized his feeling towards his best friend.

     Taehyung breathed in deeply as the sound of the final bell resonated through his ears, trying desperately to steel his nerves before confronting Jungkook. He closed his eyes and waited patiently for the classroom to empty. On a normal day, Taehyung would spring up from his seat and rush to Jimin, excited to walk home together. Today, he wasn't sure he wanted Jimin to see him so shaky and unsure. Unfortunately for him, Jimin demanded that he keep up their tradition of walking home, and was waiting patiently at the end of the hall for Taehyung to finish. He hadn't told Jimin why he was staying after a bit, he didn't plan to until tomorrow. For now, all he knew was that Taehyung had a problem he needed to resolve. He felt a hand tap him on the shoulder and he jumped slightly, opening his eyes to see Jungkook staring down at him.

     “Jungkook, I-” he began, standing up to face the smaller boy.

     “Taehyung, I know.” He muttered, hand resting upon Taehyung's before continuing. “I've known since before you asked me out that you would one day come to grips with your true feeling towards Jimin. I'm simply thankful for the time we were able to spend together. I will always treasure the way you made me feel, and how amazing it was to know that, if only for a bit, I was yours.” Taehyung could feel tears prick at the corners of his eyes, unable to stand hearing how selfish he really was. Jungkook noticed and shot him a sweet smile, thumb caressing the top of his hand in a comforting fashion. “Don't worry, I don't hate you. Quite the opposite in fact. Even if we have broken up, I still wish to treasure you as one of my friends.” He paused slightly, looking uncertain. “We can still be friends, right?” He implored, looking up at Taehyung pleadingly.

     “Yes of course, if you can put up with me. I know I can be a bit difficult sometimes, although I suppose you know that better than most.” He stepped forward slightly, leaning his forehead against Jungkook's. He closed his eyes, breathing in deep before continuing “Jungkook, thank you. Thank you for everything. You deserve the world, something I wish so desperately to be able to give you.” He said, wrapping his arms around the younger for a final time before pulling away. “I really hope you find your happiness.” he said, waving goodbye as Jungkook exited the classroom. He gathered his things from his desk, a warm feeling flooding through him. All that was left was to tell Jimin. He knew it was possible for him to be rejected, for Jimin to say that he wanted Yoongi, but he needed this heavy weight off his chest.

    Exiting the classroom he waved wildly to his friend who was waiting at the end of the hallway just like he promised he would. “Jiminie~~~ I'm done! Are you ready?” He shouts, clinging onto Jimin as he hears the other sigh in what could only be annoyance. He smiles cheekily down at him and wraps his hand around Jimin's smaller one, pulling him along behind as he races out of the school.

 

Notes:

Chapter 1 down! Probably will wrap it up next chapter so don't worry. I'm not gonna make this 30 chapters or anything.. Hopefully will update within the week! Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment~