-03-

Trouble Maker

 

"This class is so stupid." Sang yawned and laid his head on the table.

"It's so hot in here..." Jian complained, and fanned himself.

It was another day at school, but it was different for the five students. They tried to leave earlier, but the gates were locked and guarded, so they couldn't leave like they used to.

"I hate being contained in here like this!" Sang shook his head in annoyance.

Jeup poked Ungjae, who was falling asleep with his mouth wide open and his head towards the ceiling. Giggling, him and Sang started snapping in his face, which surprised him, and they burst in laughter.

"Yah, please stop!" It was Bonkuk, their teacher.

Well, he wasn't exactly a teacher just yet, but he was studying to become one. This was his first opportunity to teach on his own... but he didn't realize he'd have trouble with the students.

"Na Ungjae!" He called. The student only looked at him confused.

"What are you doing this time?"

"I didn't do anything," He said innocently, and his friends only laughed.

"Yah!" their teacher called.

"Aren't you being a little unproffessional for a teacher," Sang remarked.

"I swear, these kids are driving me crazy," He said under his breath. But unlike many of the staff, he didn't want them expelled- as their teacher, he felt it was his job to help them improve.

But, of course, that's a difficult task when it comes to a group of students who don't want to.

"Please, just pay attention for once, okay? That's all I ask for."

"This class is useless," Jeup said. "Why do we even have to take it?"

"Useless? Excuse me, maybe if you paid attention, you would see the value in it."

"It's literally a creativity class." Ungjae rolled his eyes. "If we want to be creative, we can do that on our own."

Bonkuk closed his eyes and sighed. "You know what? I'm tired of you all talking through class and being informal with me. Stand up, you all have to stay that way the rest of the class. And starting next class, there will be assigned seats, you five are too much."

The other students frowned at that. Bonkuk didn't want them to suffer because of them, but he had to get stricter if he wanted to be taken seriously.

Even so, he felt like... maybe they were right. Even if they were disrespectful.

He sat on the desk. "What do you all like to do?" Everyone looked confused. "Get out a piece of paper. Write down your interests, like hobbies and ideas for a career."

After five minutes, he asked everyone to announce what they had written.

Myung Jun went first. As he read his paper, Ungjae looked at him in disgust. He was optimistic and positive, like all hist friends. He had this smile on his face like he was so excited to talk about his dream of becoming an actor, and he shook his head when he learned that his parents were feeding him all that fake positive stuff too. How can he be so positive in such a dark world?

Heejae said he wanted to become a photographer. "I want to capture the beauty of the world-" Ungjae gagged. "- and the dark too."

Oh, he thought.

Taeho was the third person who said he wanted to be a dancer, after Minhyuk and Bin.

When it came to Jian, he said he wanted to be a chef, which surprised his friends. They didn't know he had any aspirations for the future, since he always said he didn't.

"What about you, Na Ungjae?"

He looked at Bonkuk without any expression. "I don't have any interests."

The teacher raised an eyebrow. "No interests? You don't even have a single hobby?"

He shook his head. "I mean, does sleeping count? I don't do anything, so..."

Bonkuk looked at the clock. Class would end soon, but he wanted to know about Ungjae. "I'm sure there is something, right? That you do in your free time. Or, what is something you would like to do? Like, take up an instrument? Gardening? It can be anything. Writing-"

"No!" Ungjae exclaimed. "I already said nothing, so can we drop it?" He looked away.

The bell rang, and Bonkuk sighed. "Okay, everyone, there is no homework. There will be assigned seats tomorrow, and we'll have a completely different agenda." He smiled. "Have a good day everyone."

 


 

MJ walked out of the classroom with his friends, a little excited and disappointed at the same time.

"Bonkuk, I think, is a good teacher," he said. "I'm just a little upset that we're going to be separated now."

"It's because of that Ungjae and his disciples," Bin complained. "He's so stupid and he always has to drag the class into his problems."

"They should just let them leave school like usual," Jinwoo shook his head.

"Hey, guys. They're just... misunderstood." MJ smiled. "That's why they're here. To change." The others shrugged an nodded. "Anyways, I have to take a restroom break, I'll see you in class!"

Ungjae spotted MJ walking alone. He decided to go talk to him.

"Yah, Myungjun!" he called. The boy turned around to look at him. "You want to be an actor, huh?"

"Yeah, actually." He smiled at him, but kept walking. "I'm particularly interested in musicals."

"Oh, really? Wow tell me more!" Ungjae put his hands to his mouth.

"I'd love to, but I have something to do," MJ replied with just as much sarcasm. This pissed Ungjae off, so he pushed him to the wall.

"What's your deal, huh? You think you're better than me or something?"

From a distance, while talking to his friends, Heejae noticed. "Guys, something's going on..."

Jeup, standing at the vending machine, noticed as well.

"What makes you think that?" MJ asked. He was genuinely curious. "Is it something I said? I don't want anyone to think that..."

Ungjae rolled his eyes. "Are you serious... Why are you acting so positive and thoughtful, huh?"

MJ was a genuinely kind person, but he was beginning to get irritated. "Well, I did say I want to be an actor, right? Now can I go to the bathroom?"

At that moment, Ungjae couldn't control himself and he slapped MJ, who fell to the floor.

The boy touched his cheek and winced. Ungjae grabbed him by his collar to pull him up. "You're so ing dramatic, but I guess you have to be, huh?"

"Look, I'm sorry, I just want to use the restroom!" MJ pleaded. He wasn't necessarily afraid, but he was bothered and didn't want to cause anymore trouble.

On cue, Heejae and Jeup ran over and pried Ungjae's hands away from MJ.

"Are you okay?" Heejae asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just gotta pee." And he walked away.

"Hey, what the hell is your deal?" Heejae approached Ungjae. But his friend, Kim Daesung, stopped him. "Heejae, let's just go to class."

"Yeah, class starts soon," Jeup looked at Ungjae, who was still cleching his fists. "Let's just drop it, it's petty."

Ungjae looked at his hyung, then rolled his eyes and walked away. Jeup looked at the other two students, then followed behind.