Homesick

Homesick (a series of taegiseok oneshots!)

This os is more centered around yoonseok, but don't worry! If you came here for taegiseok future oneshots will definitley have more of that! :D

The idea for this came about while talking to my friends on twitter, lol

Please tell me what you think afterwards! Enjoy <3


 

Yoongi waved goodbye to his manager as the taxi drove away, and turned around to face his family home.

Ever since their newest member of the family, Min Holly, his cheek and snuggled into his neck, Yoongi found it easier and easier to return home. Seeing his family show up to Bangtan’s concert also helped, and he now felt closer to his parents than he ever did before.

It felt nice to be excited about returning home, but that didn’t mean his other members weren’t in his thoughts. Yoongi often joked about wanting a vacation away from the rowdy bunch, but their presence was so normal to him now, he sometimes felt like he was living without a limb whenever they weren’t around. Sure Yoongi’s biological family was here in Daegu, but lately, whenever he heard that word… “family”... the first people to pop into his head were Bangtan.

I wonder what Hoseok is doing right now, he thought to himself as he walked up the pathway and fished his keys out of his pocket. The newly dyed ginger had left for Gwangju around the same time as him.

Yoongi already missed him.

He missed Hoseok’s infectious smile and the way his laugh escalated at the sight of something funny.

He missed the way Hoseok would lean into his touch whenever Yoongi ran his fingers through his orange locks.

He missed the warmth of Hoseok’s arm thrown over his waist at night, and he missed how they were able to have an entire conversation with just one look.

The members often joked that they were dating, and , maybe they were. All Yoongi knew was that he loved Hoseok. No labels or titles to it. Just pure love.

Yoongi opened the front door and called out a greeting into the quiet house. He didn’t get an answer back so he assumed his parents were still at work. He was surprised to not see Holly come bounding up to him, but maybe he was sleeping. Or his parents could have kept him in one of the rooms so that he didn’t get into anything he wasn’t supposed to.

Yoongi took off his shoes at the door and carried his duffle bag up to his room. It sometimes felt strange walking through the house and knowing he wasn’t the same Yoongi from before. Strange yet comforting.

His hand landed on his doorknob and turned, pushing it open. He expected a vacant room with dust collecting on the bedspread.

Not Jung Hoseok sitting cross legged on the blue comforter, with a sleeping Holly curled up in his lap.

Yoongi froze.

His hand slipped off the doorknob and his beg fell from his shoulder to the crook of his elbow.

For a split second he wondered if he was dreaming. Maybe he was still passed out on the train and this was all just one big fantasy his brain had conjured up after being Hoseok deprived for a whole day.

But no, the way Hoseok slowly looked up to meet Yoongi’s eyes and flash that blinding smile was real.

The way he scooped Holly up and rose to a stand was real.

The way Holly buried herself into his cashmere sweater was real.

Even the ripped capris Hoseok was wearing, the ones Yoongi had gotten him for his birthday, they were real too.

It was all real and Yoongi couldn’t do anything but crinkle his brows and whisper, “Hobi?” pathetically.

“In the flesh,” Hoseok laughed. “I was kind of hoping you would be more happy to see me, Hyung. You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

Yoongi snapped out of his frozen state. He set his bag down and immediately pulled Hoseok and Holly into his embrace. “I am happy to see you,” he quickly amended. “More than happy, actually. And of course I was shocked, I thought you left for Gwanju smartass.”

Hoseok playfully slapped Yoongi’s arm. “Yah! Excuse me for wanting to surprise you!”

Yoongi rolled his eyes, but there was a smile on his face. He was so whipped.

“Yeah, and give me a heart attack too, apparently.”

“Oh whatever, stop being a big baby, Hyung.”

“Says the biggest baby of all.”

Hoseok pressed a kiss into Yoongi’s cheek, signaling the end of their little quarrel.

“How was I planning to survive a whole week without one of those?” Yoongi blurted, making no moves to hide how soft his eyes had gone.

Hoseok blushed and started to push past him with Holly securely cuddled in his arms.

“Yoongi hyung, please,” he scolded with red cheeks.

Yoongi followed him out of the room and wondered how he had gotten so lucky to have his favorite person and favorite puppy right before his very eyes.

Suddenly, his phone buzzed in his pocket and he took it out to check the text he just received.

Tae: Did u see ur surprise yet? Can I come over n visit???

Yoongi chuckled quietly to himself and quickly typed out a reply. Of course Taehyung was in on this too. The little probably helped Hoseok plan the whole thing.

Yoongi: Sure, bring Soonshim :)

He locked his phone and placed it back in his pocket, walking down the last few steps and taking in the sight of Hoseok and Holly rolling around the floor. The puppy was now wide awake, and Yoongi didn’t know if dog’s could smile but he was sure Holly was doing just that.

There was no such thing as “homesick” if Hoseok was there.

 


 
 
Short but sweet :) I hope you guys liked it! There will be more whenever I have the inspiration <333