The night before Halloween

Happy Halloween my love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was quite the time that Hana had spent on looking for something special, the thought process started at scarves and cardigans to jewellery, scent candles and shoes. In the end, after hours of searching, she had settled for a perfume and gladly went on her way out of the shopping mall complex and hop on the bus.

Of course the hunt ended too late, the girl watched as the orange sun set soon disappeared and when it was time to hop off the bus she stared at nothing but darkness and the light pathway that the lamp posts provided.  Her feet crackled at every single orange dry leaf on the floor and she skipped through the very empty street that she grew up on,  one every five house would belong to either a close family friend, a school mate or purely the grumpy old people that would chase the nosy kids off their property.

Hana felt the wind pick up and she packed her coat up close to her chest and neck. It was cool.

Just on her left she heard rustles and huffs and out of nowhere she jumped and clutched her bags at the sight of a guy in a zombie costume.

‘’Happy Halloween!’’

His teeth destroyed at large with black spots dotted all over, green skin peeling at the slightest pressure applied and blood covering the head and face almost too real to look at.

The girl just hangs in there for a second and thinks to herself in the silence that he allowed for.

''Halloween is tomorrow, you realise that?''

She laughs knowing the guy in his twenties went through a lot of effort to get to the well-defined details of a skin curling zombie look. It did look pretty dope.

 

''Oh no. I think I came out too early.''

She laughs once more but her smile begins to loosen and drop once he looked back at the enormous hole left in the grass patch and her face begins to draw horror when she sees him desperately trying to get back in and cover up again in earth. She would begin to walk backwards with shaky legs listening to the heavy raspy sounds he would make whilst digging and she hadn't lost sight of him until she was at a fair distance. Then, she sprinted home, all the way to safety and dropped to pray for a piece of mind and seeked even her worst bully to be there with her to calm her down.

 

A knock on the door behind her was enough to make her chest weigh a thousand pounds. It just didn't stop.

She stood up and her heart jumped straight to . Sure, the door was locked but the violent knocking made her very sure that the door might not hold for very long.

She looked through and her face drained pale as she saw the same guy she met earlier looking around him as if on the run and knocking continuously on her door.

‘‘GO AWAY!’’

It was clear as day that she was alone since she reacted in that way. She was supposed to leave the next morning to her grandmother’s house and to where the party was happening for her mother as a surprise but obviously she knew since she was already there.

Muffled sounds and grunts followed on and Hana only grew more scared from the inner side.

‘’Please, you need to let me in. I cannot be seen like this! You don’t understand!’’

She pressed her back against the door as if trying to hold it down. Her finger ready to press  and dial the police and eyes fidgeting from object to object as a protection tool. Nothing was of use apart from her mother’s precious vase.

No way that was going to be used.

‘’Please!’’

More yells came from outside. She was almost pressured into believing him but she was taught not to open the door to strangers and this was the perfect example with extra points.

She felt the lock behind her spring and the door opened against her power. Her own air chocked her as she couldn’t believe that the stranger got into her house.

She was pushed inside the house and she quickly turned to watch as the guy was locking the door again.

He was inside the house.

She grabbed onto the vase next to her and held it so tightly that it would break under the strength.

‘’Get out! Please get out!’’

He held his muddy hands out to calm her down but the blood dripping over his lips and onto her mother’s white rug wasn’t making her any calmer than she already was.

‘’I can’t go out there! It’s the wrong time. I came out at the wrong time. You need to help me. I swear I’ll be ever so grateful.’’

He began to kneel down clasping his hands together just above his head and that’s when she saw that there was a hole in his head.

She gasped and raised the vase up high above him.

The nightmare that she was in seemed to get worse and worse, it was almost too real.

He looked up at her and she halted in that position. She couldn’t hit him.

‘’I promise to listen to you but please let me stay under cover here.’’

She gulped.

‘’What are you talking about. Just go home. Please go home!’’

Her breathing never slowed down.

‘’I can’t. I tried going back but I can’t sleep again. We wake up on Halloween and sleep at dawn. I’m not lying to you.’’

Her confused brows were more than twisted now, her arms began to ache after holding onto the vase up high for so long.

‘’What are you saying…?’’

He looked down at the floor and looked onto his side as he began to speak once more, he seemed very hesitant to say the words.

‘’I’m real.’’

She tilted her head and saw him look back up at her again.

At this point, she began to laugh so hard that she needed to settle the vase back down again.

‘’I was right, you are insane. Please get out.’’

After many seconds of laughing she settled down and looked at his eyes, he was not joking.

He stands up and she starts to get a heavy feeling set on her, she was scared in less than the time it took her to blink.

‘’I’m serious. We have strict guide lines that prohibit us from interacting with humans like this but this is way better than being out there in danger of meeting others and uncovering my true identity. I’ll surely be punished on the other side.’’

She was bound to lose her mind.

‘’I just need to stay here until Halloween night. That’s all’’

More blood dripped on the floor.

‘’I promise not to hurt you or be scary since you’re helping me.’’

He looked down and realised the mess he’s made, the mud and blood mix wasn’t good for the meticulous home.

He looked at the girl and was hanging open. Next thing. Her weak knees finally gave away and she fainted.

He was quick to hold her just before her head hit the ground and he let himself through to the living room and past the Persian cat smelling at his feet and set the girl down.

He sat down next to her and fiddled with her hair until her face began to move again.

‘’I must say, your skin is very smooth.’’

The girl’s eyes widened once again and she scooted to the other end of the sofa and away from him.

‘’I’m G-Dragon by the way.’’

He outstretched his hand and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter