Scene 1.

Me and You for 20 years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-We weren't enough for each other-

Ariana Grande - Almost is never enough

Youngjae’s side of view

The alarms shut down as he groggily slams the alarm bottons harshly. 7 am why was it always hard for him to wake up? It wasn’t that early time. He looked at the other side of his bed.

‘Hyung must’ve woken up already’ he thought as he slowly started drifting to sleep.

At some moment he heard the door to his flat opens up. After seconds there were footsteps going around the house. He didn’t even bother opening his eyes as the footsteps come closer.

“Hey Youngjae? Wake up sleepy head” Jaebum said as he came closer sitting on his side of bed. his hair gently. If Youngjae were cat he would already been purring by now. He like this touch on his hair so much. He went closer to the hand as it was backing away from him. He whined. He heard Jaebum letting out a chuckle.

“What am I going to do with you” Jaebum says almost whispering.

“Just 5 more minutes” Youngjae mumbled as he leaned closer. Even though Youngjae hates waking up in the morning. He loves the hand that always his hair in the morning. So conclusion was he loves morning. It was another day with Jaebum.

“Get up” Jaebum said sternly. Even though this guy was not the most romantic person on earth.

“Get up you’re going to get us late.” Jaebum sits him up, rubbing his back, patting gently, hugging him.

“Wake up, let’s shower together. Eat and let’s go”

“Okay” he smiles. “Hyung, bring me to bathroom” Youngjae whines. Jaebum shakes his head, this guy was almost 35, why is still so immature? “I love you” Youngjae says as he was lifted in bridal style by Jaebum.

And that’s how Youngjae’s day starts.

His name was Choi Youngjae. Psychiatrist specialized in pediatric. 35 years old. He was pretty successful with work and his personal life.

He lives with his boyfriend Im Jaebum who was prosecutor. Even though people think Jaebum was his brother as they didn’t came out to public and family. Just close people know what they were and it was enough for Youngjae. He didn’t want to bother life of being out casted, that’s what he tells himself but the truth is… it was exactly opposite. For him it doesn’t matter what his uality and preference were. The people he work with were always open minded as it was what their professions specialized at. Even if he came out. It won’t make any difference. He guessed everyone may already know what his preference were anyways.

But it was completely different story for Jaebum. And he doesn’t want to get a headache for explaining it. Nor having another quarrel with each other about the matter.

Even though their relationship makes him uneasy sometimes. He was happy with his current life.

In the morning, Jaebum would always woke around 6 am and runs in the morning while he snoozes for an hour. Then Jaebum would come back from running around 7 am. They would shower together, and do naughty things, not always though, and he would make simple breakfast while Jaebum’s reading newspaper.

Even though the mornings were simple and frequently the same, Youngjae loves these sweet morning with smell of coffee and eating eggs with bread and especially the sight of Jaebum who’s reading newspaper.

He would sometimes look at him and wander in thoughts, about how his boyfriend looks amazingly handsome even after 20 years, sometimes he felt himself falling all over again. It was refreshing for him every time.

Sometimes Jaebum would catch him stealing glances at him. And like when they were students whenever Jaebum would catch him stealing glance he would still blush.

After eating breakfast Jaebum would kiss him before the open the door, and start with their life.

With different car, with different location, they head off to opposite ways.

Youngjae’s day starts off pretty awesome if you ask him. As he reached the hospital he greets everyone with smile, saying hello. Throughout the day he would give consultation to children and adolescent going through psychology and emotion changes, gave family consultations and checks up on the patients, gave therapy sessions.

His profession takes long time on per patients, sometimes too much thinking and listening analyzing were stressful but he loves his work, he likes how words heal people. Especially children, working with children were fun sometimes disastrous but working with children and their family members, seeing them getting better and having better relationship with one another were the satisfaction of why he chose this profession.

After 6pm he was finally free.

He rushed home. He dialed Jaebum’s number.

“Hyung”

“Yes?”

“Today are you going to home early? I’m just taking off”

“I’m going to be late don’t wait on me. I’m hanging up.”

Before he even say something the phone were cut off. ‘Tch’ always hanging up on me.

Little dishearten after the phone call, he arrived home. It was 7pm when he came. He started cooking at 7:30. Jaebum would be home late. These days he must’ve have a lots of work to do he always came home late. Did he ate properly? He would probably skip meal to work. Younjae started getting worried about him.

He dialed Jaebum’s phone. But there were no answer. He must’ve turned it off.

In the end he packed the soup he made in heated lunch box with side dishes and rice. Thinking it will be good idea to let Jaebum eat homemade food he didn’t ate for long. Wait for him for while he works and came home together.

The whole ride he imagined the scene how he will meet Jaebum and how the other would be happy that he came. He smiled as he starts singing songs on radio while driving. He was in such a great mood today.

Younjae parked his car at front of the Seoul district office. Made his way inside. As he entered he greeted the reception after informing that he came to visit Jaebum he got a pass immediately as the reception already knew him as he visited jaebum on more than one occasion.

He made his way to Jaebum’s office. As he got nearer he could hear Jaebum’s voice. He sighed in relief as the other were still there.

As he got closer to the door he heard a laughing voice of Jaebum but something made him stop midway of swinging the door open and greeting widely.  It was another woman’s voice. He couldn’t help but frown. Is it a coworker? Why does he have laugh so loud with that woman? Jealousy crept into him as he thought for a brief moment but immediately shook the thoughts away. He smiled positively as he thought it was just coworker.

Just because he didn’t want to interrupt and because he wanted to know what they were doing he opened the doors quietly. Even though he didn’t wanted to suspect Jaebum. He wanted to be safe. Inside he wanted to trust Jaebum so much but as soon as he couldn’t believe at the sight in front of him. He saw Jaebu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter