lucky charm

Lichtenberg

"Ok, this is getting frustrating. Shoot!"Woohyun urged, after falling victim to Sungyeol's staring contest.

They've been forced, read that coerced , to share quite the amount of time while waiting for their respective boyfriends to finish with some last minute shoppings for that night's Halloween's party.It had been Sunggyu's idea which made it all the more intriguing for actually showing up.

Ever since Sungyeol had been introduced to their special bunch, they got to know each other a whole lot better, though he never dared ask the impending questions, fearing he might not be seen with the same gentle eyes prying like that. 

Woogyu's story, as the others liked to nick name them was a very sensitive topic, he could understand that much.

It wasn't like anyone forbid him asking about it, but Myungsoo had that dark aura whenever he opened his mouth around either one of them.

Such as now, when the silence and fatigue after long hours walking aimlessly for stupid ornaments and stuff, but the thing was, Myungsoo wouldn't witness his shy attempt.

So yeah, he'd been silently looking Woohyun's way, more like his arms, asking himself again how did he end up with that kind of art on his skin.He understood the physics of it, but that's not what he wanted to know.

Woohyun had been indulgent enough, but too much was too much.

So when he lashed out at Sungyeol, the latter went speechless for a few seconds.

"It's obvious you're curious;not like it hasn't happened before.But I really hate it when you keep silent around me.I won't bite, so ask away.We have to fill this crappy time anyhow, or else I'll go nuts for real."he huffed, checking his wrist watch for the umpteenth time.

"I take it you're as excited as me for this party."Sungyeol cleared his throat.

"I thought Hoya assured you there won't be any weird ducklings around.Not even at dinner ."Woohyun patted him on the shoulder.

"That's not funny."

"I know, I was only trying to lighten the mood."

"What are you, hitting on me, now?"Sungyeol played along.

"Far from me.Not that I don't find you attractive, but..."

"Hyung, stop fantasizing over my hot body."the younger mocked.

"You're right.Both Myung and Gyu would have our heads.Both sets."he warned, looking downwards to their crotches.

They smiled with caution, aware of the truth behind the joke.

"Seriously, what did you want to know?"Woohyun repeated.

"I feel like a brat, but I was wondering...ever since I've seen you walking in Dongwoo's tattoo shop.Don't they hurt?"Sungyeol eyed the scarred tissues on his arms.Although the weather had taken a turn for the cold, he never once saw the elder covering up.

"Occasionally.They mostly itch."Woohyun admitted,flipping his favourite coin across his knuckles.Sungyeol had always charted it as a stress relief method.

"Then, let me ask differently.Did it hurt when you got them?"Sungyeol eyed him .

"Is this why you still stall getting a tattoo?"Woohyun avoided answering."Let me assure you, it would feel like a tickle, opposed to these."he said, monitoring the designs.

"Good thing I don't intend getting hit by lightening, then."

Before he could stop, the words had already left his mouth and now he feared looking at the elder.Myungsoo was right to prevent him bringing up the subject!

"Does anyone ever?"Woohyun smiled bitterly.

"I'm sorry, I was out of line."Sungyeol apologised."I'll stop prying."

"I don't think I'll be able to stand another go at this, so might as well get it over with."Woohyun exhaled."It's better, kinda like a band-aid, you know?One motion, right off!"he bit his lips, giving away his inner turmoil."Seeing how those two kids just went inside the candy shop, I predict we have enough time on our hands."

"How long could it take them?"

"Oh...Gyu has a serious sweet tooth.he'll make Myung describe every single one before he decides what to buy."

"Can't say I take pity on him.He should've known better than seconding this crazy party idea, anyways."Sungyeol scrunched his nose.

"You really hate spooky things, huh?Don't worry, if you can digest these, you're on the right track to surpass tonight."the elder flung his arms towards him.

"Aren't you cold?I never see you covering them."

"People mistake this for a tough act.They think I boast with my tattoos."Woohyun locked eyes with the candy shop, though Sungyeol figured he was actually dwelling upon his statement."I barely can stand any fabric,now.I feel cooped up."he bit down his lips."Don't tell Sunggyu."he asked in a monotone voice.

"Not to burst your bubble, but he's not really ignorant.He may be blind, but...."

"I meant about the cold.To answer you: yes, I'm often cold."he confessed."But I guess it's better to feel it,than actually being left stone cold."he tried joking.

"My lips are sealed."the younger assured.

"He's got enough on his agenda because of it.He doesn't need any adding up to it."

"What helps?"

"Honestly? His touch."Woohyun looked him straight in the eyes."It's strange, I can't explain it.Much like the doctors can't find a solid reason for these not healing even after all this time."

"You mean ..."

"It should've been by gones by now."Woohyun said."Instead, I get to see and feel the constant reminder of my foolish acting.Like Sunggyu going blind wasn't enough of a dread already."he whined,avoiding the younger.

"He doesn't look like he holds it against you.If anything, he's always dotting on..."

"He's my lucky charm.If it hadn't been for him slapping this coin out of my reach,I would've been fried to ashes.Instead, he took the most of the voltage from that bolt and, well...you know the outcome."he flipped the coin again, before putting it to safe keeping in his pocket.

"He saved your life."

"But at what cost?And for what?Because I was too stubborn to listen to him when he begged me to get back inside when the storm hit off?!"he frowned, hitting his fisted fingers on the mall's bench they were sitting on."Some ty magic trick it turned out!"

"Myungsoo told me it was during his birthday party.But he left out the details."Sungyeol tol him in shushed voice, just now understanding why his boyfriend was so reluctant to open up.All of them had been there and witnessed the ordeal.No wonder they were so edgy about storms.

"Hoya worked on me for 20 minutes, I was later told.It was Myungsoo who discovered first that Sunggyu had gone blind.I guess he wouldn't be that willing to share thoughts on that."Woohyun grabbed his nape,trying to losen up the sore muscles.

"Worked...?As in...."

"I went into cardiac arrest.When I came to,Dongwoo kept covering my eyes, but I could barely move my arms to push him away.I didn't understand what he was trying to hide from me until a few days after.I still hear Myungsoo's cries in the back of my head.I know now the reason behind them.He was holding Sunggyu from getting to me,unaware Hoya had managed to revive me."

Sungyeol was awestruck.He didn't expect things to have been so dramatic.However did they recover from something like that?

"I'm so sorry."was all he could say.

"Not as much as I am.You know...this'll be the first party we have since then."Woohyun spoke into the air, as if suddenly realising it.

"Then we shall make the most of it.I think I'll ask Dongwoo to give me that tattoo, afterall.Kinda like a good omen."Sungyeol cheered.

"Do we need to prepare tissues?Or hold your hand?"

"I'm not that whinny.I can take a little tickle."Sungyeol scoffed, pouting cutely.

"You are aware that tickle is  in fact the lowest form of pain, right?"Woohyun mocked him.

"Oh, wow.You get hit by lightning and all of a sudden you become a genius!"Sungyeol tried to assuage the gloomy atmosphere.

"The only perk I got from it.I turned smart."Woohyun winked secretly.

"Oh, yeah?Then how come you still haven't proposed to Sunggyu,yet?"

Although his smart mouth might've gotten him in trouble, Sungyeol just had to push the matter.They were all waiting for it to happen.And the hints have been spread all over.Woogyu simply chose to ignore them, smiling away from their frail attempts.It was seriously getting on Sungyeol's nerves as he spoke.

"I guess you haven't come across Sunggyu's ID,yet."Woohyun said before sitting up to greet the chatty pair coming their way.

It wasn't until later,or early in the night,depending on how you looked at things after downing gallons of alcohol,that Sungyeol finally managed to wobble close enough to where they discarded their outdoors coats, fumbling inside Sunggyu's pockets for a certain card.

Safe to say he gawked at the blasted thing until he shouted his discovery to all.

"Nam fricking Sunggyu?!"

"Here!"the drunken figure raised his hand,as if answering to a teacher's calling the roll.His giggles were only fueling the other's reaction,but no one seemed more delighted than his allegedly husband that was cuddling his intoxicated body.

​"Busted."was all Woohyun could say before  verbally assaulted.