She's Mina and She's Jeongyeon

Nation’s Crush, Black Swan and Mina

Jeongyeon x Mina
Fluff because why not?
They've been sailing these days, I can't believe I'm still alive
Mistakes are all mine. This girlie is too lazy to proofread. :'(


 

001/001

“She’s so beautiful!” Jeongyeon continue to eat her fries even though her buddy Chaeyoung has been nudging her and showing her, her phone in front of her face since the show flashing on the device started. “Jeongyeon-nie! Look how she move, flaunt it girl!” The younger girl commented, eyes focused on the phone.

“You’ve been replaying that show for only God knows when, aren’t you getting tired of it?” As if the words that came out from her buddy’s mouth was a foul word, she glared at Jeongyeon. “How can you shoot that kind of question for God’s sake? She’s The Black Swan—Nation’s Crush?!”

Jeongyeon doesn’t have specific answer to that, she’s planning to stay mum but the way Chaeyoung is looking at her expecting an answer from her made her shift from her seat but, fortunately someone familiar approached their chair, “Aye!” The doe-eyed girl shouted, Jeongyeon shifts her gaze from her buddy to her other buddy, Jihyo. “What’s up?” The oldest from the group take a sit from the vacant chair just beside Chaeyoung. “It’s already late” Jihyo glance at her rolex before continuing “You have exams tomorrow kid, what the heck you are doing spazzing over phone?” With her mother nature, she has her index finger pointing at the teenager.

“C’mon just one more episode, How about you watch it with me? Because this unnie right beside me is too busy either spacing out or eating the fries rather than joining me here.” She whines, Jeongyeon snorted before picking another patato fries from the plate. Meanwhile Jihyo push her chair closer to the squealing girl curious about the show that Chaeyoung is so engross about. The youngest adjust the phone so that everyone can see what she’s watching.

She wasn’t planning to look at the phone, really but, she guess there’s just someone thing on the show that she can’t help but to steal a glance, then yet, the glance turned into staring.

“So Mina-ssi, are you happy right now?”

The MC asked the girl that has everyone looking at her, the screams from audience can be heard, fanboys almost faint when the girl on the show glance at their direction. Even the girl has their eyes shaped into hearts because of the Nation’s Crush.

Jihyo side glance at her best friend, she know that something is wrong since Jeongyeon isn’t herself these past few days.

“I..”

Jeongyeon didn’t know she’s been clenching her fist so hard it’s turning violet, half anticipating for the girl’s answer half forcing herself not to get the funny feeling again.

“I am happy.”

Oh how Jeongyeon wished that she didn’t notice how the girl’s words trailed off, how her smile didn’t reach her eyes and how her eyes lost its twinkle when she said that.

---

“Babe?”

“Babe! How are you? Oh wait!”

“Happy Anniversary!”

“You’re so cute when you chuckle! Ay yes please wait a minute, I’m talking with my lover here—I know! Jeongyeon?”

“A-anyway, I book a restaurant for us to celebrate tonight how about I pick you up—“

“Babe, I’m sorry but I have to attend a concert later tonight—yes I will wear that one.”

“Oh? D-don’t worry, I’ll just cancel—“

“How about the song that I’m going to perform?”

“M-mina?”

“Oh dear, my co-actors are here already. Happy Anniversary babe, I have to go. I love you.”

“I love you to—“

Call ended.

---

Bottles of different alcohols are scattered around her room, Jeongyeon’s used to be clean room became a messy one, if you were one of her close friends you’ll get confused seeing how the clean freak Yoo became the total opposite of the word.

She has her hands stretch freely over her bed, her shoes still on her feet and the left over from yesterday is still present from the table not so far from her closet.

Her eyes open as she stare at her plane ceiling as the person over the phone continue to talk.

“Ya. Yoo Jeongyeon!”

Instead of replying, she put her hand on her face as she slowly close her eyes. For the first time in two weeks she feels the problem weighing down on her shoulder. She felt so tired. Exhausted.

“I know you don’t want to know these things and I know you also wanted to so, I’m going to tell it to you anyway”

The girl from the phone pause,

“She’s been smiling a lot these days but, we all know she’s faking it. She’s not a good actress you know that.”

Hearing the words from Mina’s manager made her smile.

---

“I don’t really get it!”

Jeongyeon’s lips curved into a smile with her arms crossed while leaning on her door frame watching her girlfriend whines her heart out, “You should be thankful that the netizens are loving your new drama.” She commented.

“But the sunbaes in the industries have been dropping some comments about my bad acting, I don’t want the netizens to like the drama just because I was there, I want them to criticize my acting skills because that’s what I need!” She said, cutely ruffling her hair in annoyance.

How can people thought that Mina can’t be a whiny kid? Whining Mina is Jeongyeon’s favorite mina.

“Okay, let’s admit that you’re bad at acting but at least the show have been getting the highest possible ratings.” She teased.

Mina slump her body from the bed before kicking her feet up in the air, “Why did I even thought of joining the acting industry!”

Jeongyeon can’t help but to giggling after her girlfriend’s long sigh. She’s trying hard not to let her laughter out from when a pillow suddenly landed straight on her face.

“What are you laughing at? You’re such a meanie girlfriend!”

After successfully removing the pillow from her face, “What the hell was that for?” she asked, rubbing her nose to ease the pain from the impact, she never thought that Mina can hit someone that hard.

“Stop complaining, come here and cuddle with me. I badly need a hug right now.” Mina cutely complain.

Jeongyeon feeling obedient that day did what she was told and position herself beside the pouting girl. “Look what you’ve done to my perfect face.” She playfully mumbles. Mina on the other hand completely forgot her distress and comfort her girlfriend.

“You should be the one appearing on shows not me because you look so gorgeous and handsome at the same time.” Mina sneakily wrap her arms around Jeongyeon’s shoulder, trapping her girlfriend from her embrace.

“But they every artists in the industry will be all over me if that happens.” The oldest dorkily stuck her tongue out earning a slap from her lover.

“Thank God, I’m the idol here not you” Mina brought her hands on jeongyeon’s cheeks, playfully caressing it with her eyes locked to her girlfriend’s. “I will only let them like you but only I, is allowed to love you, okay?”

Jeongyeon can’t understand how her heart has been racing whenever Mina has that look on her, she should be used to it but she isn’t though she’s not complaining.

“Possessive much?”

“Only to the things I love.”

---

“You should stop smoking.”

Jeongyeon tilts her head and stare at the girl who invaded her haven. “I heard that phrase million times already.”

Momo let an amused laugh before leaning on the wall beside her friend, she stare at the way Jeongyeon huff then puff the smoke out from then to her face “I bet you’re not getting any sleep, look at the bags under your eyes, it looks horrible.”

Finally finished with her cigarette, she throw it on the concrete ground and stump on it. “Tell me something that I don’t know.” She pull something in her jacket before leaning back, “Are you free? Let’s drink and eat!”

Momo didn’t really fancy drinking but yep she’s obsess with foods so why not? “Your treat?”

Jeongyeon rest her hand over the blonde’s shoulder, “Pabo, of course you’ll ask for that!” she let a laugh as if expecting the question from the girl. “But yes. My treat!”

“You’re the best!”

---

“You are the best!”

Jeongyeon scoff, she let a long sigh after sitting beside the girl who after all the talk in Korea. “And you call yourself an idol?” She asked the girl who has a nickname Black Swan in disbelief.

“I told you already! I forgot my wallet.” She girl said as she take small bite from snack bar that Jeongyeon bought.

“Have you seen the face of the lady from the counter? She thought you’re one of those pranksters telling people that they forgot their wallet so they can have free foods. I swear to god she’s about to beat you up.” Jeongyeon airily commented.

“That’s why I said you’re the best, thank you for saving me there.” She softly murmured.

“But you should’ve let the girl know who you are so that you can get free foods!”

“But that will only end up me getting mobb from the people inside the store, all I want is to go out from my dorm and be a normal person just for once—“

“—and you ended up screwing it because you forgot your purse.—AW!” Jeongyeon growls in pain after getting hit on her rib. “You are such a violent woman.”

“And you should stop bringing that topic up.” She said as she chew her favorite chocolate bar. “And I didn’t screw it up, I’m feeling like I’m a normal person for tonight. Thank you”

Jeongyeon was too busy rubbing her rib that she’s too late to hear the girl’s words for her. “What did you say?”

“Nothing.”

“Oh C’mon just spill it out!”

“I said I’m feeling normal right now, thanks to you.”

Jeongyeon has her brows furrowed, “What the hell are you talking about? I did nothing.”

“Thank you for treating me like a normal person.”

The short haired girl let a playful scoff, “What do you want me to do? Tell you thank you for forgetting your wallet? Or have an autograph of yours? Well for your information you are pretty but yes, you are not my type.”

Mina was taken aback, “Yah! I didn’t said that I should be your type, I’m just happy to the fact that you’re treating me like I’m your friend not ogling on me.”

Jeongyeon put both of her hands inside her pocket, “I’m just making things clear.”

“You’re such a pabo.” Mina mumbles. After eating with such a comfortable silence, Mina finished eating her snack bar, she was about to put her face mask on when Jeongyeon pulled her wrist.

“I don’t know if you intended to do this or every artist eat like this or you’re just one of those clumsy idols in this world but yeah you’ve got something on your lips.” Jeongyeon leans in too close for the idol’s comfort, she’s too oblivious that she didn’t notice the tinge of pink on the girl’s cheeks. “You eat like a five year old kid.” She commented before pulling away.

Mina was beyond speechless, the girl in front of her is being dangerously attractive without her knowing.

“Are you sure you’re an idol?”

Yep. Confirmed, Jeongyeon is pretty but she’s also a meanie.

--- 

If you were to ask Jeongyeon’s friends, who were the shikshins? They won’t hesitate to answer them with names including Jeongyeon and Momo. The two can have seven plates for themselves and asked for another seven if they want to so it’s not a surprise when Momo heard Jeongyeon order something from the waiter.

“Wow, I’m about to get full.” Momo smile so bright after gulping her soda. She saw Jeongyeon nodded before picking up her phone then putting it down on the table, she’s been checking her phone multiple times since their way on the restaurant until now.

“Waiting for someone to text you?”

Jeongyeon stopped momentarily “Nope.” She shakes her head as if she’ll fall for her own lie. “No.”

And Momo knows that her friend is lying.

“Of course you don’t.”

---

“Jeongyeon”

Jeongyeon stare at her phone, she wonder who was the sender of the message because she don’t give out her number so easily except for someone she met on the store weeks ago, the girl barrowed her phone and she thought that if the girl was planning to stole her phone, she’s too clumsy to even get away with her so she handed it with the girl without knowing the idol’s full intention. She was about to delete the message when her phone suddenly indicate another message from the same number sender.

“I like both girls and boys.”

Jeongyeon’s eye size doubled after reading the words out loud, now she’s sure someone is pranking her, maybe Jihyo or Sana or Momo! She readied her fingers ready to type something that will make the sender re-think about her life decision when her phone vibrates.

“I think I like you. – Mina”

Finally having the pieces of the puzzle, she stare at her phone as if it’s the most interesting thing in the world. She put a hand on her chest checking her heart and frown when she finds it racing.

“Please meet me outside the store where we met, same time this week. I really miss you.”

Now Jeongyeon don’t know what she’s going to say or what she’s going to do.

 

Days went by and the D-day she’s going to meet Mina is today, she didn’t know what comes into her mind why she’s dressed up and ready to go, she wasn’t even sure if the girl is serious about this whole meeting set up, all she knew is that the girl told her that she miss her and something—maybe butterflies starts to have their own party inside her stomach. Damn butterflies.

Then next thing she knew, she’s standing outside the store, coat wrapped securely around her body because today is so damn cold, she’s wearing her gloves yet she can feel herself sweating just by the thought of seeing the girl again.

“Why the heck it’s so cold today?” She murmurs. She’s about to curse out loud because she can feel her toes turning into ice any minute now when a familiar jacket appeared in front of her.

“Hi.” The girl greeted, Jeongyeon is amazed how the girl can smile that big when the weather is almost killing her and the girl is wearing nothing but a thin cardigan.

“What are you wearing?” Jeongyeon wanted to punch herself because yes, what a nice way of greeting but then again, why the hell is she wearing thin clothes in this kind of weather?! “Do you want to die or something?”

Mina looked down feeling embarrassed, she only sneaked out to meet Jeongyeon. “You are that excited to meet me that you forgot to wear appropriate dress?” Yoo didn’t know where her courage to say that word came from but she has to pat herself for that.

Mina kept mum, her fist turning violet from gripping onto it. It’s obvious that she’s shivering. She’s ready to defend herself when Jeongyeon remove her cap and put it on Mina, “People might recognize you, it’s a good thing you didn’t wear makeup but wearing something like a disguise would be better for someone so popular like you.” She said as she adjust the cap.

“W-what are you doing?” Mina hurriedly wave her hands when Jeongyeon started removing her coat. “You don’t have to—“

“Stop being noise!” Jeongyeon stubbornly said, “You don’t have to worry with me, I still have a jacket on, see? And look at you, you’re trembling, your fans will kill me!”

Mina let a chuckle, she’s felt giddy with Jeongyeon adjusting her coat for her. “You should also cover up because I heard there’s this creepy paparazzi stalking idols—was it discatch? Dismatch?”

“Dispatch?”

“Yeah that one! I heard they will hunt I idols who are dating someone and reveal it to the public and—“ Jeongyeon didn’t finished her sentence when Mina suddenly cups her ears. “W-what are you doing?”

Mina stare so closely to Jeongyeon, “Your ears are turning red, they were screaming for some warmth so I’m giving it to them.”

Just like in those corny love stories. Their eyes met and it felt like a beautiful bliss.

---

Jeongyeon decided to stay the night with Tzuyu, Chaeyoung’s girlfriend because she’s been whinning about not spending time with them so here she is sitting in front of the television with Tzuyu on the other couch waiting for Chaeyoung so they can finally start their movie marathon.

“She’s been everywhere these past few days.” Tzuyu said, her eyes fixed on the television while her hand is busy pushing some button, flipping some channels. “See! She is one of the guest for the Weekly Artist this Friday and I heard she’s one of the MC in ASC’s Sound Bank and she’s also in Running Guy!”

Jeongyeon lie flat on the carpet, “That’s good for her, right?”

Then the voice from the T.V starts to fill the silence inside the room, “It is but, don’t you think she’s over working herself?”

Jeongyeon wanted to agree but there’s something inside her that is pulling her back.

“Miss Mina-ssi. I heard you release another song.”

“I did.”

“Any inspiration when you make this song?”

“There’s one person I’ve been thinking when I’m writing this.”

“Oh! Interesting, what else?”

“This person—made me feel like I’m normal and special at the same time, this person is the one I’m most thankful of but she’s also the one I lose.”

“That’s such a sad confession Mina-ssi, we don’t want to see you sad because if you’re sad were feeling sad also so please to the person who has been Mina-ssi’s pillar or stretch, give her another seconds chance because we don’t want to see a gloomy Black Swan anymore.”

“Silly.”

“So enough with the drama so, ladies and gentlemen please give the Nation’s Crush a round of applause, this is going to be the debut of her newly released song better.”

 

“Does it make you feel good? Cause it’s making me worst.”

Jeongyeon bit her lower lip when there’s a tear that escape from Mina’s eyes when she’s on the chorus of the song and as if everything hits her.

“She obviously want you back, she need you.” Tzuyu said, a soft smile forming on her lips.

---

It started with missed calls then cancelled meetings, Jeongyeon don’t know why they felt like they are starting to drift apart. Mina has been spending too much with her work almost forgetting that she has someone waiting for her so, when Jeongyeon finally had the time to talk to Mina she immediately voice out her concern.

“I feel that we are slowly learning to live without each other. It scares me.”

Mina stop doing what she’s doing, struck to why Jeongyeon said that. “What are you talking about?”

“I don’t know if it’s selfish of me but I want to spend some time with you because it felt like you’ve been too busy with your work.”

Mina massaged her head, she’s stressed with work and she doesn’t want Jeongyeon to add more ache in her problems. “You know I’m only doing it for our future.”

“But I don’t feel like I belong to your future anymore.”

“You know, you don’t know what you’re saying Jeongyeon-ah” Mina’s attention caught the ring of her phone, she’s hurriedly pick up the call before answering her girlfriend, “Don’t tell me you’re going to make me choose work or you.”

Jeongyeon has so much hope a while ago, she’s so positive that they are going to work it out because they always do whenever they fight but she felt like this time, there’s no sorry needed because Mina obviously choose her work over her.

“I won’t.” The urge to break down and cry in front of Mina is real but she choose to stay strong not just for herself but for the both of them. “Because I’m ending everything that we have right here, right now.”

---

 

“You have a guesting in a few hours so get ready.” Mina’s Manager, Dahyun said.

But Mina let the words go into deaf ears, she’s too busy starring at her phone’s display picture to move. “Just when I have everything I needed I screwed things up.”

Dahyun was shocked when the girl suddenly has her palm on her face and sob uncontrollably loud. “H-hey, don’t cry I know everything happens for a reason she will—‘

“I’m too engross focusing to have a stable money for our future that I forgot that’s also her goal, I forgot that the one thing that I should be focusing to be stable is our relationship because she won’t let anything bad happen to us—to me. Why am I so stupid, Dahyun-ah?”

Dahyun felt weak watching her artist sobbing like a total mess, she can’t do anything to give a girl a hand and a shoulder to cry on. She’s been managing the girl for nine long years and this is the first time she saw the girl helpless and broke. She wonder since when did she became this strong to hide her pain and suddenly break down like this?

 

---

Jeongyeon is standing not too long now, her spot is perfect to watch the Mina’s interview with one of the famous MC in Korea, she’s beside the Black Swan’s fans, there were many boys buy girls are much more many and they are louder when they scream Mina’s name. She realized how much lucky she is that she can talk and cuddle with Mina while these fans around her will do anything just to have a face to face with the girl. Cheers and screams are getting louder and louder so she decided to go at the back side of the studio.

“Jeongyeon-ah!”

A loud voice snapped her from her trail of thought, it was Dahyun. “W-woah! You are here!” Jeongyeon can’t help but to smile when Dahyun started to feel her, squeeze her cheeks and her face. “Oh My God, It’s really you! Yoo Jeongyeon!”

Noticing how Dahyun exaggeratedly react she cheekily smiled, “Yes, it’s me!”

“Are you going to go and get her back?!” Dahyun’s reaction reminds Jeongyeon of a cartoon character.

“Yes, I will.”

As if that’s the greatest news of all the news, Dahyun launched herself to Jeongyeon and gave her a peck on her cheeks. “Oh Goodness Gracious! Thank God! I know God is real! I can’t wait to see Mina’s gummy smile again!” Dahyun energetically raised her hands. “Anyway Mina’s dressing room is that way so you better go there and surprise her!”

Jeongyeon let a heartily laugh before bowing to Dahyun so that she can proceed to go inside the dressing room. Just when she entered the room, she’s surprised to see Nayeon, Mina’s best friend. “Yah! Jeongyeon, you’re finally here! You’ve cause my best friend too much heart ache!” She playfully yelled. “No don’t open your mouth and try to explain yourself because you’ll do that with Mina not me and yes, I heard that you’re going to take her back because Dahyun’s voice is so loud. I have an appointment to attend so good bye and bring my happy penguin back, fighting!” Nayeon dash outside the room without forgetting to flash a bunny smile to Jeongyeon and a wave.

---

 

Mina decided to lock herself inside her room when she gets into her apartment, she felt so tired and Dahyun is nowhere to be seen so she’s planning to go straight back at home once she collected her things inside her room, as if on cue, once she closed her door and turned around. She felt like someone just splashed her a cold water.

“J-jeongyeon.” She breathlessly let out, she can feel dry and her eyes water. The latter didn’t say any words instead she open her arms making Mina burst out crying as she run and wrap her arms around the girl’s body. She buried her face on Jeongyeon’s chest as she murmurs: “Please take me back!” She whines.

Jeongyeon didn’t mind having her shirt wet with Mina’s tears. “That’s what exactly I’m doing right now.” Instead of stopping her whimpers Mina’s cries became louder. “I missed you so much please don’t break up with me again, if I’m acting stupid please get mad at me but don’t leave me, please.” She begged. Her grip from Jeongyeon’s waist became tighter as if, if she let go she’ll die.

“Don’t worry there will be no break ups’ anymore.” Jeongyeon hushed her as she also wrap her arms around the girl and playfully sway her. “Stop, crying you look ugly when you cry.”

Mina pulled back but her hands are still all over Jeongyeon’s waist. “You’re lucky you’re the only one that can turn me into an ugly mess.”

Missing the warmth of dork girlfriend, Jeongyeon pinch Mina’s nose. “Even if you cry you still look beautiful—perfect in my eyes and I missed your gummy smile!”

Mina childishly cup Jeongyeon’s cheeks. “Ew. You became greasy but, don’t worry I still love you anyway.” She said before stealing a peck from her now (again) girlfriend’s lips. “I miss the taste of your lips in mine, please kind of remind me now?”

Jeongyeon let a loud laugh before cupping her girlfriend’s chin. “So that’s your way of making me kiss you, huh? Better think of a better excuse.” She said before closing the gap, her lips perfectly molded with Mina, their light kiss turn into a passionate one when Mina suddenly sneak her arms around Jeongyeon’s neck, pulling her closer to her as she start to insert her tongue inside Jeongyeon’s lips. What surprised the older girl is that Mina became wilder— her lips and making her to want more. After a series of and kissing, Jeongyeon pulled back shocked that there’s spittle present on her and mina’s chin.

“Oh My God” the only words that escaped from her lips.

“I’ve been miserable these past few days and I’m lonely since I’m also alone in my bed so you better make me feel good tonight.”

Jeongyeon’s eyes widen in disbelief when Mina dominantly grab her by her collar and pull her inside the bathroom.

“But for now rest room will do.”

Jeongyeon thought that restroom is the most unsanitary thing to do ‘it’ but Mina is right, this thing will do, for now.

---

Mina slowly open her eyes, her lips turned into a smile so bright the sun will be ashamed, Jeongyeon’s arms are around her while her left hand peacefully resting on top of her lover’s cheeks, caressing it tenderly. How she missed the girl beside her. She promised to herself not to the same mistake again and tell this girl the she loved her every possible time that there is in every day because this girl beside her, deserves everything good in this word including her love.

“I love you.” She said pulling their body closer to each other before showering her with kisses all over her face to wake Jeongyeon up.

It was indeed a good morning for the both of them.