Final

Pastel Colors and Rocking Chairs

Early morning light filters through white curtains, hitting Namjoon across his face to awaken him with a gentle warmth. He groans, immediately stretching out, and after a brief moment spent in an attempt to wake up, he realizes he's alone in bed. His beautiful mate is nowhere to be seen, he's not even in the chair beside the window, his usual morning perch. The alpha springs up out of bed, beginning his search across their lofty apartment.

 

His brain is still in a fog, so his logic is a touch impaired, pushing him to check every room. At the end, he finds him where he should have expected him. “Jungkookie.” He coos in a sleepy voice as he steps inside the brightly painted nursery. The younger smiles, gently rocking in his rocking chair with his hand placed on his round belly. “Hey, babe.” He smiles, his face pushing up in a way that makes Namjoon's heart swell.

 

The elder walks over, grinning as he kneels beside him and lets his hand join with his Omega's on his belly. “Are you okay? You weren't in the bedroom like you usually are.”

 

“No, I'm okay.” He laughs softly as he runs his fingers through his mate's bleached hair, gently twisting some of the strands. “Kinda just wanted to sit in here, the twins seem to sleep better if I move anyway, so the rocking chair was perfect.” As if on cue, one baby moves in such a way that the baggy shirt he was wearing moves ever so slightly. “Yes. I'm talking about you beautiful.”

 

Namjoon smiles even wider, if that's physically possible, and presses his lips where the movement had just ceased. “Hello there, please be nice to mama.” He chides playfully, looking up at Jungkook, who appears to be tearing up with happiness. “Not that much longer, and we'll be parents.”

 

The younger hums, looking between the two cribs and identical stuffed animals, everything an identical green color. “You think we're ready? Like we have everything, but are WE ready?” The elder simply smiles, rising up to kiss Jungkook's head. “I think so, my mom told me not to feel bad because all parents are like this.” The mention of his in-laws brings a sense of comfort, they live the closest to them, so if anything happened they could be there almost instantly. “So now we have to just wait and hope they cooperate.”

 

That brings a smile to back as he starts rocking again. “I look forward to it.” The omega smiles, holding the sides of his belly.