I'm Cold

Cold

Kyungsoo is just arrived at dorm after spending approximately 2 days at filming set for his new drama. He is exhausted and in needs of a good rest. He is welcomed by silence, because nobody was there at the moment. Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Minseok are busy preparing their unit debut; Sehun and Junmyeon are out for filming their dramas; Yixing is busy preparing his solo album; Jongin is having a photo shot for a magazine cover; and Chanyeol probably is busy composing or covering songs inside his sacred studio.

At first, Kyungsoo feels at peace for being alone at the dorm, but it changed when he finished cleaning himself and tried to sleep. People tend to think a lot of things before they sleep, it also happened to Kyungsoo. No matter how tired he is, he can’t help but think about almost everything in his life, especially negative feelings which prohibits him to sleep as he planned.

Kyungsoo thinks about how he was scolded by an actor who happened to debut earlier than him because of a little mistake at filming set. He starts to feel uneasy and stressed. He wants to tell someone about his concern to someone; it might help to reduce his stress. Usually he goes to Baekhyun, Chanyeol, or Sehun at times like this. He prefers to be comforted not only by words but also by some comforting gestures like hugs. And he thinks Chanyeol was always the best at giving him hugs he needed.

Kyungsoo types a text to Chanyeol, but he doesn’t send it. He is afraid Chanyeol would just ignore him or worse, rejects him. He thinks that these days Chanyeol is really distant. He really hates to think that Chanyeol is finally tired of him and decides to build a wall between them. He notices that these days Chanyeol is ignoring him, be it on stage or off stage. He doesn’t like it but trying to acts casually, as if nothing has changed.

It is raining outside, Kyungsoo feels cold and lonely. He cowers inside his comforter to get some warmness. He lit his scented candles to ease his mind and again tries to sleep. Finally he is able to sleep with a scowl on his face, as if he has a nightmare.

--

By the time Chanyeol arrived at dorm, he notices Kyungsoo is already in his room. He wanted to enter Kyungsoo’s room to see the face of a person that he adores so much, but he stops himself. He thinks Kyungsoo needs a proper rest and he doesn’t want to disturb him, so he walks to his room instead.

Chanyeol is practically doing nothing in his room. All he does is just lying on his bed, read comics, listening to his favourite music. His mind is filled with so many thoughts. He thinks about EXO’s upcoming comeback in Japan, and then his next project with international artists, and then about composing, and he never forgets to think about Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol feels a little bit envy to CBX unit because he and Kyungsoo was always wanted to debut as an acoustic duo. He has preparing a lot of songs to sing with Kyungsoo. They had practised for a long time in case they are allowed to form a subunit. But he believes that day is not going to happen soon as Kyungsoo is always busy with his acting career now. He is happy for Kyungsoo’s success, but he also finds himself saddened by the fact that his time spent with Kyungsoo is getting lesser. He wants to be selfish and tell Kyungsoo to accept less acting project and then come to him spending more time for music. But then again, Chanyeol has no rights to intervene his life.

--

Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Minseok had finished their practise and go straight to their dorm. They come with Manager hyung and bring their dinner. Baekhyun hustles to Kyungsoo’s room and tell him to eat dinner. He knocks the door softly and calling out for Kyungsoo. He hears groans coming from inside. Baekhyun decides to enter the smaller guy’s room stealthily.

Kyungsoo’s room is filled with a nice calming scent; it makes Baekhyun wants to sleep there. He climbs Kyungsoo’s bed and cuddles him from behind. Kyungsoo squirms a little and then leans to him.

“Mmm… Chanyeol-ah?” Kyungsoo says with a hoarse voice.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you, Actor Doh. But this is Byun Baekhyun, not Park Chanyeol,” Baekhyun replies to the half-conscious guy in his arms. “Come on, get your lazy up and eat your dinner.”

 “I don’t feel like eating now. I’m going to eat if I want to. Now, get off of my bed!” Kyungsoo says in a grumpy tone, kicking Baekhyun off of his bed.

“Yah! It hurts,” Baekhyun says, rubbing his shin. “Okay, I’m going to put your dinner in the refrigerator. Do you want me to bring Chanyeol here?  

 “No. Can you leave me alone and let me sleep a little more?”

“Alrighty Mr. Grumpy,” Baekhyun climb down Kyungsoo’s bed and accidentally drops Kyungsoo’s mobile phone to the floor. He picks it up and read something on its screen; it is unlocked because of the bump. It shows an unsent message to Chanyeol.

Baekhyun is sorry for the smaller guy after reading it. He can tell that something is off between them, but he doesn’t know why because he is also busy these days. Everybody knows that Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are always together since their trainee days. No matter how cold Kyungsoo to Chanyeol or everyone, Chanyeol would still become a happy virus who wouldn’t stop radiating warmness and happiness. Sometimes they need their personal spaces but never are they being so cold to each other like this, especially Chanyeol. He notices some weird behaviours of his giant best friend and he is determined to help his two dearest friends to mend their relationship.

--

Chanyeol opens his bedroom’s door and sees a smaller figure standing in front of him. Being an easily startled person, he jumps back a little because of his friend action.

“What the hell, Baekhyun-ah! You scare me.” Chanyeol says in a loud voice, but then he remembers that Kyungsoo might still be sleeping right now so he lowers his voice. “What do you want?”

Baekhyun enters Chanyeol’s room and closed the door, “I want to have some words with you. What happened between you and Kyungsoo?” he interrogates Chanyeol.

Chanyeol is not a dumb; he knows exactly where this conversation is heading. But he likes to pretend that everything is alright, “Nothing had happened.” Chanyeol answers, playing with the hem of his t-shirt.

“Do you think I’m a fool for not noticed how both of you act around each other? You are being cold to him lately and it’s not like you are giving him a space. It’s more like you build a wall. You even ignore him whenever he reaches out for you which it looks like role reversal to me.”

“You don’t have any rights to judge me, Byun Baekhyun. It’s me who knows what’s best for me and for him,” Chanyeol wreaks his irritation to Baekhyun because everything that Baekhyun said was right, but he doesn’t want to admit it.

“Man, I am trying to help you here. Please fix everything before it gets worse,” Baekhyun pats Chanyeol’s back, tries to supress his annoyance to his giant friend and understanding that his friend is troubled right now.

“I don’t know what to do, Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol’s voice is shaky because he really doesn’t know what to do and it frustrates him a lot.

“Go to him, don’t avoid him, talk to him, you guys are adults after all. With a good communication, I believe your problems will be solved,” Baekhyun is smiling softly to the tall man.

“Thanks, Baekhyun-ah.”

“Anytime, Dude. Now go to his room, he doesn’t lock his room. I believe he is waiting for you.”

“He is probably still sleeping now. I’m just going to talk to him later.”

“NO! You have to go there now!” Baekhyun pushes Chanyeol out of his room and drags him to Kyungsoo’s room. They are standing still in front of Kyungsoo’s room for a moment, and then Baekhyun says, “I’m not going anywhere until you enter this room.”

“Ugh. Fine. I’m going in. And I will make sure you got hit from Kyungsoo if he disturbed by this action,” Chanyeol glares to Baekhyun.

“Trust me, he won’t. And you are going to thank me later,” Baekhyun grins as he sees his friend enter Kyungsoo’s room.

--

Chanyeol closes the door quietly, tries so hard not to wake Kyungsoo up. He knows Kyungsoo is a light sleeper. He walks quietly to see Kyungsoo’s face. He can see that Kyungsoo is frowning in his sleep, as if he has a nightmare. He also notices that Kyungsoo is clenching his fists; it is one of the sign that Kyungsoo is stressed. Chanyeol is about to caress his face when suddenly Kyungsoo’s mobile phone vibrated because of a call in. It is Kyungsoo’s Mom’s call.

He answers the call with a quiet voice, “Hello, Eomonim. This is Chanyeol speaking. I’m sorry to tell you that Kyungsoo is sleeping right now.”

“Oh. Hello, Chanyeol-ah. It is okay then. How are you doing?”

“I’m fine, Eomonim. Kyungsoo’s also doing fine, but he’s so busy these days. He rarely gets some proper rests.”

“It’s fine as long as you guys are healthy. Please take care of him, Chanyeol-ah. I will call him later. Thank you, darling.”

After the phone call ends, Chanyeol reads something on the screen.

‘Chanyeol-ah, I miss you.’

It is the same unsent message that Baekhyun read earlier. His heart aching. He feels so stupid and angry to himself. Guilty feeling is creeping up because of his mindless action is not only hurt himself, but also hurt his beloved person.

He climbs to Kyungsoo’s bed and hugs him tightly from the back. He buries his face to Kyungsoo’s hair and kisses Kyungsoo’s head.

Kyungsoo tries to free himself and mumbles, “Baekhyun-ah, can you please stop disturbing me?”

Chanyeol says nothing and loosen his hug. He caresses Kyungsoo’s chest, tries to lull him back to slumber. Kyungsoo finally stops struggling and get back to sleep. Chanyeol takes Kyungsoo’s right fist and kisses Kyungsoo’s knuckles softly. The frown on Kyungsoo’s face finally fades and he unclenches his fists. Chanyeol always knows how to make Kyungsoo feel safe, warm and comfortable.

Kyungsoo turns around facing Chanyeol and then leans forward to Chanyeol’s body, “I’m cold,” he mumbles in his sleep.

Chanyeol smiles at his favourite person and gives him the warmth and love he needed.

--

Kyungsoo wakes up to a hard chest in front of his face. He feels warm and reluctant to move until he hears, “Are you awake, Babe?”

Chanyeol is replied by silence, but he knows Kyungsoo is awake and listening to him. “Look, Kyungsoo-yah, I’m sorry I was being a jerk for ignoring you. I was just giving you space.” he pauses, slightly hoping that Kyungsoo will at least say something.

“I have a confession, honestly I envy CBX unit because I thought we would become the first unit to debut, as a duo. I’m still hoping that we will debut as a duo, though I know it will not happen anytime soon because of your acting schedules. And I don’t know whether you are still willing to have a unit with me or not,” Chanyeol pauses again for a quiet sometimes.

“I am also an actor now, but music is my life. It’s the place where I belong, so I spent my time more for pursuing my music career instead of acting. I’m not telling you to quit your acting career; it’s your passion after all. But I do hope to spend more time with you to make good music, debuting as a duo, performing in countless stages for a long time until we die,” Chanyeol continues to rant while keeping Kyungsoo in his embrace.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Why do you have to ignore me and making me feel miserable?” Kyungsoo finally says with raspy voice, his head still buried on Chanyeol’s chest.

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo-yah. I’ve never wanted to hurt you in the first place. I just think I shouldn’t mind into your business. I’m happy for whatever you do,” Chanyeol says sincerely but feel a slight pang on his chest.

“Don’t lie, Park Chanyeol. I am not going to take any offer for acting again then.”

“What? No, Kyungsoo. Don’t get a wrong idea. Don’t let my selfish thought affecting your brilliant career,” Chanyeol pushes Kyungsoo a little and looks down to see his face.

Kyungsoo looks up to Chanyeol and says, “I’m not. I had considered accepting less acting project, because I’ve lost my focus to music. Music has been and will always be my life. I once said that if my acting career brings harm to EXO, I will not hesitate to leave it. And I had indirectly harm EXO by hurting you.”

“Think about it carefully, Kyungsoo-yah. I don’t want you to regret this later,” Chanyeol says in panic as he might ruin Kyungsoo’s career because of his stupid opinion.

Chanyeol is about to say something more but he is forced to swallow his words as a pair of soft lips landed on his.

“I will think about it, but I’m sure now that music is my priority. So do you,” Kyungsoo leans his face to Chanyeol for another kiss. Their kiss is so soft and slowly until Chanyeol bites Kyungsoo’s lower lip and make it gone a bit messier.

“I miss you too, Kyungsoo-yah,” Chanyeol says when they broke the kiss.

Kyungsoo’s ears reddened from embarrassment, realises that Chanyeol might had read the text that he was going to send to Chanyeol. Chanyeol thinks that’s very cute and starts kissing Kyungsoo’s ear, and then to his jaw, and finally to his lips. They are practically making out right now.

They are too immersed into their activity until they fail to hear footsteps nearing Kyungsoo’s room. And then the door opened, “Oy! Jongdae, Xiumin Hyung and I are about to go, get your lazy asses up for—HOLYCOW!” Baekhyun sees Chanyeol and Kyungsoo is making out with their upper body exposed. “Lock the goddamn door before do something inappropriate!” He adds, banging the door closed and storms outside the dorm.

They are laughing uncontrollably at Baekhyun’s reactions. They lost the mood to continue their intimate session so they cuddle, talk and giggle over a lot of things.

It is still raining outside, but Kyungsoo is no longer feel cold. 

--

The End

 

A/N:

I wrote it because lately Chanyeol seems like to ignore Kyungsoo on the stage. And I blame Kyungsoo's acting career for that. I love them for the way they are. But I love them best when they are bonding through music, as they are originally musicians. Chanyeol proves me wrong by doing a V-app broadcast last night, he said Kyungsoo tried to compose a song (TOGETHER WITH CHANYEOL!) and it made me realise that no matter Kyungsoo is busy with his new career, music is always his prioirity. Help me, I love them too much (T_T)

Thank you for reading. Just ignore my unnecessary rant, lol.