Mate 0 : Prologue

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MATE 0
(PROLOGUE)

 

edited 04/11/2016

 

 

“Mama, what is a soulmate?” asked little Baekhyun one day, eyes looking expectantly at his mother who was placing Baekhyun’s favorite story book that he had just read for the latter a while ago on the night stand beside Baekhyun’s bed. Baekhyun and his mother then lied on his bed, with his mother hand combed through his light brown hair lovingly.

“Soulmate?” Byun Baekjae, a beautiful petite guy who is the mother of Byun Baekhyun, raised his eyebrows curiously at his seven-year-old son. The little boy nodded his head cutely, making his mother chuckled slightly at his cute action before he answered his son’s question. “Well, it’s like a bestfriend but more,”

“Like Baekkie and Yeollie?” Baekhyun tilted his head curiously, but his mother only smiled and kept caressing his son’s silky hair.

“It’s that one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else, baby.” His mother continued, a sweet smile still lingering on his beautiful face.

“It sounds like Yeollie!” Baekhyun beamed happily at his mother.

His mother chuckled and kissed his son on the forehead, earning a cute puppy like giggle from his baby boy. “Soulmate is someone whom you carry on with you forever,” He added, as he tilted his head down to look at his son’s face closely. He then leaned forward, leveling his light brown eyes with Baekhyun’s deep brown orbs. “Baby, do you like Yeollie?” he asked.

Baekhyun looked at his mother nervously while biting his lower lip. He didn’t know what kind of reaction his mother would give him if he told him his true feelings for his bestfriend for a year now, but he knew he couldn’t lie to his mother because his mother always taught him to be a good boy and not to lie to his parents.

After a few moments debating with himself, Baekhyun finally nodded his head shyly but a flash of happiness was clearly shown on his beautiful face, and it didn’t go unnoticed by Baekjae. “Of course, Mama,”

A silent gasp escaped his mother’s mouth, unconsciously made Baekhyun felt more nervous, but the next words wasn’t something he expected to fly out from his mother’s mouth. “Oh my God! Finally! I’ve been waiting for this moment to happen and now my baby is experiencing his first love.” He giggled happily at his son.

Hearing the weird yet positive reaction from his mother, Baekhyun started to smile again. “He’s so kind, handsome and talented!” The little boy grinned widely, the shy expression he had before almost disappear from his face. With his signature eye smile, he continued his blabbering about his first love with his mother eagerly, “Yesterday he taught Baekkie how to play piano, and he even asked Baek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter