Chapter 7

Nothing More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole group was sitting around a small table on a coffee shop. The school day had just ended, and Seungyoon and Taehyun were happy that the Physics test was over and done for. Together they were with Minho, who was in his last year of high school, and Jinwoo and Seunghoon, who were freshmen at the university they all wished to go to. Every couple of months they had hang outs like this. The university was a couple of hours away from the boarding school they all attended. Jinwoo and Seunghoon could not just drive up here whenever they wanted. It was not that easy, but they were making the sacrifice to keep in contact. It was a promise.

 

“It’s not going to happen,” Taehyun shook his head and slammed his fist against the table. Seungyoon grabbed his tea from the table, since Taehyun slammed his fist hard enough to spill their drinks.

Jinwoo chuckled before asking, “Why not?” They were all currently at a cafe; a couple of blocks away from the school and right below the hotel Jinwoo and Seunghoon were staying at. Minho was sitting left to Taehyun; Jinwoo to the right; Seungyoon next to Jinwoo, and then Seunghoon in between Minho and Seungyoon.

“It’s too- eh,” Taehyun shrugged. “I’m not going to fall in love. It’s better to just mess around, you know?”

“Sure, I do,” Jinwoo nodded. He did not know, but he liked to agree with Taehyun. “Most people who say that still end up falling in love.”

Taehyun shook his head, “It’s not going to happen to me. I can promise you that, hyung.”

Minho, who had been calmly drinking coffee and staring at Taehyun while the conversation went down, put his cup down and rested his hand on his fist, a smirk on his face. “You wanna bet?”

Taehyun looked at him with shock. Seungyoon stared at Minho, too. Such statement was completely unexpected from Minho. Jinwoo and Seunghoon looked at each other before looking at Minho, too. They were always like that. They shared their thoughts and opinions with each other first before they do with anyone else. Seunghoon was also the only one out all of them who honestly, truly, and sincerely listened to all of Jinwoo’s gossip. “Excuse me?” Taehyun raised an eyebrow and imitated the smirk Minho had.

“You heard me,” Minho said. “You will fall in love.” He pulled Taehyun close to him and whispered something in his ear. It made Taehyun blush. Seungyoon furrowed his eyes in what that could have possibly been. Taehyun pulled away quickly and looked at Minho with wide eyes.

Seunghoon chuckled, “Oh, boy.” He looked at Jinwoo, and Jinwoo was already looking back at him with a huge smile.

“I know,” Jinwoo nodded and both of them snickered, once again sharing an inside joke nobody but them knew about. “Our Minho boy is stepping up.”

Seunghoon nodded with him, “Oh, yeah. He now plans to get him.”

Minho laughed, “Oh, wow, guys.” He shook his head. “You’re not wrong though.”

“You guys are unbelievable,” Taehyun rolled his eyes. “It’s just a joke, isn’t?”

Minho shook his head, “It’s not.” He placed his hand on top of Taehyun’s, “I promise.” Taehyun glared at Minho and pulled away his hand.

“I’d like to see you try,” Taehyun dared and looked away from Minho with a ‘hmph’.

 

It suddenly clicked in Seungyoon’s brain what was going on. Minho was flirting with Taehyun. That was not strange. They all flirted with Taehyun just for fun, but this one was different. There was something about it that Seungyoon did not like. It made him mad. His heart filled with jealousy. “No,” He shook his head. All his friends stared at him. “You can’t do that.” He stared directly at Minho. Minho looked back at him with a smirk adorning his face. It pissed Seungyoon off more that he was not being taken seriously. “I won’t let you do that!” He gripped the table and launched himself towards Minho.

 

Seungyoon was not sure how, but the background around him changed. The noise muffled. Instead of a cafe background, lights and darkness surrounded him. Seugyoon toppled Minho and they both landed on the floor that was not of a cafe, but a dance floor. The chairs and tables were gone. Their friends were nowhere to be found. Seungyoon formed a fist and punched Minho on the face. Once, twice, thrice. He had more pent up anger than he thought. Minho was not fighting back. It would not have mattered to Seungyoon.

 

“What are you doing?!” Taehyun’s sweet voice broke him out of his trace. The younger man’s hands ripping him away from Minho. Taehyun kneeled in front of a groaning Minho with worried eyes and placed his hands under Minho’s head gingerly. Jinwoo and Seunghoon stood confused next to Seungyoon. Taehyun looked back at Seungyoon, “Are you crazy?!”

 

Seungyoon woke up. He had that dream again. It was a rather strange dream. It started with a memory from high school. Maybe the exact conversation varied a little each time, but it was still the same idea: Taehyun swearing to never fall in love, and Minho promising that he will. Seungyoon would get mad. Sometimes, as it did last night, it would merge with the memory from the last night they all partied and became wasted. Seungyoon connected the dots and realised that he probably beat Minho up for saying something about Taehyun that Seungyoon did not like.

 

Seungyoon sighed. It would not matter anymore. Minho had no feelings for Taehyun. That lady friend Jinwoo had talked about a couple of days ago actually became Minho’s official girlfriend. They posted cute couple photos in social media, and Minho even changed the icon from his account in their group chat from a selca to a couple one. Seungyoon did not know much of that mystery girl. From Jinwoo, he heard that she was freshman art major by the name of Lee Kyungok. Jinwoo said he was unimpressed by her, but Seunghoon said that the reason was that Jinwoo was rooting for Minho and someone else. Too bad for Jinwoo, but it seemed that Minho was now uninterested on that someone else, and that was the only good thing about this whole situation.

 

Seungyoon stood up and stretched. He was back to his small apartment near his university. Classes started up again next week, and students were once again moving back to the dorms. One of those students moving back was Taehyun, who was moving back today. He had called Seungyoon yesterday asking for help to set up the dorm one he came back. Seungyoon agreed without hesitation. It was not like he really had a life anyways. Taehyun said he was due to arrive by noon, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter