Idol Kyu!

Idol Kyu!

Kyuhyun and Taemin went to the same audition.  Kyuhyun sang wonderfully but his skin was in a bad condition a.k.a. red pimples on the face.  Taemin danced smoothly and gracefully matching with his cute face.  The judges only accepted Taemin to be a trainee in their company.  Kyuhyun noticed that the ones getting accepted were either pretty, handsome or cute even if those people didn't have much talent.  The very few average-looking people who got accepted said that they were okay with plastic surgery.

On the other hand, Kyuhyun wasn't okay with plastic surgery.  He wanted to be known for his talent and not just his face.  The company was new anyway and they were still looking for a group to debut under their name.  Kyuhyun wished that company wouldn't be so successful.  If it becomes successful, Kyuhyun wished he would become much more successful that the company would regret not having him.

"Hey, do you wanna grab dinner together?"  

Kyuhyun has no idea how Taemin was suddenly by his side.  "You should go have a celebration with the others who got accepted and not with someone who was rejected."  He said bitterly.

"They are stupid for rejecting you which is why I've decided that I'm not going to be a trainee in that company so where do you want to eat? There's a seafood restaurant near here.  I hope you're not allergic to seafoods."  Taemin said in a worried tone.

"No, I'm not."  Kyuhyun replied as he wondered why this person was suddenly being friendly to him or was Taemin just naturally a friendly person?

"Great! Let's go that way~!" Taemin started to walk.  He glanced at Kyuhyun from time to time to make sure that Kyuhyun was walking beside him and didn't just suddenly disappear.

"Are you always this friendly?"

"No.  I'm usually shy."

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.  "You sure don't look like it."

"It's because I don't want to pass up this opportunity to be with you."  Taemin suddenly stepped in front of Kyuhyun and faced him.  "You were amazing up there on stage, Kyuhyun.  To me, you were the best among all applicants.  Starting today, I'm officially your fan!!!"

What Taemin just said made Kyuhyun feel flattered but at the same time, it was also unbelievable.  "I think you've gone crazy from too much hunger.  Maybe we should just eat in that chicken restaurant instead."  Kyuhyun pointed at the restaurant which was already in sight unlike the seafood restaurant.

"I don't mind.  I like chicken too!!" Taemin bounced cutely as he walked towards the chicken restaurant.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Idol Kyu!!!!!" Taemin shouted and waved both hands in the air.  He was currently having his P.E. class on the field and he saw that Kyuhyun was sitting by the classroom window and was currently looking down on them.

Kyuhyun blushed in embarassment and looked away. He half turned his head to look at his classmate seating behind him when he felt a poke.

"Did that kid just call you Idol Kyu?"  Sungmin asked.

"No.  You were hearing things."  Kyuhyun replied, looking forward again.

"Taemin usually idolizes people who are really good dancers and from what I can remember, you aren't one so why the heck would he idolize you?"  But as Sungmin tried to think of an answer for his own question, a board eraser hit his head.

"Lee Sungmin!!! Stop talking and pay attention in class!!!"  The teacher scolded him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Idol Kyu! I heard there'll be an audtion this weekend for SM company.  Let's join!!!"  Taemin said excitingly.

"My skin condition is bad right now."  Kyuhyun got conscious of his pimples again.

"It's not as bad as before.  Besides, you have talent!!! The ones judging us is far more superior  than from that newbie company before so they're definitely recognize your talent.  You have a better chance on passing this audtion!!!"  Taemin tried to convince his idol Kyu.

"What if I don't pass?"

"You will pass."  Taemin said without any rooms for doubts or arguments.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Idol Kyu~! We both passed!!!" Taemin hugged Kyuhyun as soon as Kyuhyun stepped down from the stage.

"Taemin, we did it."  Kyuhyun hugged Taemin back.  "You should stop calling me Idol Kyu.  You're going to be an idol too someday."

"Even if I'll become an idol, I'd still be your fan so you'll still be my Idol Kyu!!!" Taemin giggled.

Kyuhyun couldn't help himself but hug Taemin again.  "You're such a cute kid."

"I'm not a kid! I'm a high school student."  Taemin pouted and snuggled to Kyuhyun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Taemin instantly became one of the popular trainees.  He was cute and shy.  Kyuhyun finally got to see that shy side of Taemin but everybody could see that he was not shy towards Kyuhyun.

"How did you get that cute kid to open up to you?"  Eunhyuk asked.  "All he does is smile and nod at whatever I talk about.  He doesn't talk much to me or to others"

"I didn't do anything.  He just approached me and went all friendly on me."

"He must really like you a lot for him to do that.  You've seen how shy he is, right?"

At first, Kyuhyun couldn't imagine Taemin being shy.  He was really too friendly and comfortable towards Kyuhyun but now, he could see how Taemin is awfully shy to other people.  Sometimes Taemin even makes eye contact with Kyuhyun asking for help.

"Hey, guys.  I'm borrowing Taemin for a while."  Kyuhyun said, putting himself between Taemin and a group of trainees.

"It's more like we're the ones borrowing Taemin.  You're the one who owns him."  Jonghyun pointed out.

Kyuhyun didn't reply.  He just dragged Taemin out of the training room with him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Idol Kyu! You are not just my idol but my savior too!!!" Taemin said as he hugged Kyuhyun's arm.

"Taemin, you have to conquer that shyness of yours.  What are you going to do if the company decides for us to be in a different boy band or if they decide that one of us should go on solo?" Kyuhyun asked, becoming concern for the cute person hugging his arm.

"If we can't be in the same group, then I'll tell them I'll be your manager!!! That way we'll always be together!!!" Taemin chuckled.

"Don't you want to be an idol?"

"Not as much as you do.  What I want is simply for us to be together even if it's not on stage together."

Kyuhyun pulled his arm away from Taemin's hug which earned him a disappointed pout from Taemin.  "You've always attached yourself to me, Taemin.  Haven't you thought that I might find it annoying, bothersome or a burden?"

"Oh."  Taemin looked like as if he had just been slapped.  "I... didn't know you feel that way."  He frowned and tears started forming in his eyes.  "I'm sorry."

"Do you know what people call you? Kyuhyun's servant.  Kyuhyun's crazy fan.  Kyuhyun's pet.  Kyuhyun's shadow.  They came up with those names because of how you act around me."  Kyuhyun scolded.

"I know that and I don't care what they think of me.  You are all that matters to me, Kyuhyun."  Taemin's tears started to fall.  "But if you don't want me around then... I'll disappear."

Kyuhyun sensed the seriousness of the situtation from Taemin's tears to how he said Kyuhyun instead of the usual Kyu and the way he spoke about disappearing.  "Taemin, I only asked if you haven't thought that I might find you annoying, bothersome or a burden.  It didn't mean I find you one and I don't want you to disappear.  Filing a missing report and letting the police look for you would be bothersome."

"Really?"  Taemin's tears stopped and he was already starting to feel better with Kyuhyun's words.

"It's just that I don't want us to have the idol-fan relationship, Taemin, and I don't want them calling you Kyuhyun's servant, pet or shadow."  Kyuhyun explained carefully.

"Then... what do you want?"

"I want you to get rid of your shyness.  Be strong enough to be able to handle not being with me all the time.  Debut as an idol even if you'll be in a different group from me or a solo idol.  Conquer the stage and sweep away the nation with your talent.  Maybe you can even go worldwide after that.  That's what I want from you Taemin."

"B-but... that's hard."

"I know but you can do it." Kyuhyun placed his hands on Taemin's shoulders.  "Just like how you knew that I could pass the audition.  Just like how you believe in me, I believe in you too.  We can both do this, Taemin.  Even if we won't be in the same group, even if you can't attach yourself to my arm 24/7, even if we would be promoting in different parts of this country or heck, in other countries... no matter what... I'll..."  The hands that were on Taemin's shoulder held tighter and pulled Taemin towards him and when their bodies collided so did their lips.  "I'll love you."

Taemin had acted the way he did because he loved Kyuhyun but he was insecure that Kyuhyun might not love him back.  Thus, the idol-fan relationship he had created for them.  Then he was insecure that Kyuhyun might like someone else.  Thus, he attached himself to Kyuhyun and closed off the others.  But now that Kyuhyun reassured him with a confession, Taemin was finally free with his insecurities.  He could get rid of the shyness and would be able to open up and talk to other people more.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I used to call him Idol Kyu because the moment I heard his voice in the audition, I knew that he was going to be an idol."  Taemin said in a variety show.

"But later on, I told Taemin that I don't want this idol-fan relationship between us because I know that Taemin is talented too.  I wanted us to be equals."  Kyuhyun spoke up.  His silver ring glistened under the stage lights.

People don't know that Taemin was wearing the same ring as a pendant underneath his shirt.

THE END

A/N:  This fic is requested by BaiLingLing, one of my loyal readers here in aff and the one who actually sends me a handwritten letter <3 

 

I hope this fic turned out to her and to the readers' liking.  Comments please?

 

Would you like to try reading my Kyuhyun/Jonghyun fic?  Interest In Singing