Stupid in Love

luminosity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#np Oh My Girl's Stupid in Love

(Italics-flashback)

The footsteps were moving away from where he was and soon, he could hear nothing but his own breathings. He didn’t know how long he had sit inside the small and dark space and his heart couldn’t stop racing as he squatted quietly, counting numbers inside his head.

 

            “Twelve…. Thirteen…”

 

“Jeon Wonwoo!”

He opened his eyes at the cheery voice behind him.

“Found you!”

 

 

It’s as if he could still hear lively laugh after she caught him hiding inside the bush not far from the playground many years ago. Then, he would whine on how unfair that game was and she would just laugh whole heartedly like she always loved to do. That huge pair of beautiful eyes and the way her long raven hair rustled softly with the wind, all of them were still clear in his memory.

 

“Wonwoo?”

He snapped when he heard that sweet voice. Wonwoo lightly shook his head and looked up to face the beautiful girl that never failed to make his heart race since years ago. He flashed a weak smile and stood up from the leather chair.

“You’re done?” He asked.

“A while ago. Hey, you’ve been spacing out lately... You’re okay?”

A soft hum escaped from his lips and he let out a deep sigh after. He glanced around the place filled with white dresses and tuxedoes, trying to avoid her eyes.

“I guess I’m just not in the mood…”

The long haired girl pressed her lips and gently held his right hand, squeezing it tight.

 

“Is it about that girl, Kim Jiho?”

 

Wonwoo held his breath for a second upon hearing that particular name.

 

*

 

Everything was fine. She was still smiling so brightly to him a few weeks before. Nothing felt wrong to Wonwoo. His heart was racing as he stared at the beautiful girl’s face before him. Two cups of café latte on the table in front of them were still hot and untouched.

 

“I… I’m getting married.”

 

Silence.

 

He was hoping for a burst of reaction from this girl, a ‘congratulations’ at least but all he got was silence. She sat still, unmoved and frozen.

“Jiho?”

She blinked, as if she had just returned to the real world.

“Rea-really?” It seemed as if there’s a lump in . “Married?” Her voice was hoarse but Wonwoo noticed there’s something wrong with her eyes.

“Jiho, what’s wrong?”

A drop of tear fell from her eyes but she quickly rubbed it away with her thumb. Realizing that she couldn’t hide anymore, she sniffed and hurriedly grabbed her beg before standing up.

“I-I have to go.”

She said nothing more and left.

 

 

Jeon Wonwoo was puzzled. All these while, Kim Jiho was like the brightest sunshine that he had ever met ever since they became friends in elementary school. Never had he seen a tear fell from those sparkly eyes, all she had ever shown him was smiles and laughter.

So, why did she show that kind of reaction?

 

*

 

“She’ll be over it, Wonwoo.”

“I hope so too.” He replied and returned the squeeze in his hand. As he stared into her hazel eyes, Wonwoo couldn’t be thankful enough for having this precious girl before him for these five years.

Not too long after that, she walked closer and gave him a warm consoling hug. Wonwoo closed his eyes but again, Kim Jiho’s face flashed into his mind like it had always did. Feeling this warmth on his chest, the incident that happened two days earlier immediately came back to his mind.

 

*

 

He quickly grabbed her wrist before she could run.

“Let go.” Her voice was firm.

“You’ve been avoiding me, Kim Jiho.”

Even though she knew that her little strength would never surpass his, Jiho still tried to break free from his strong hold. Seeing him now, she regretted coming here that night, to the small playground that they used to play during

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter