Secret

luminosity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#np WJSN's Secret

He could hear everything, but dare not open his eyes.

Kim Namjoon steadied his breaths. His fingers under his grey sheets twitched, his insides tingled at the strange thought that came to him. He didn’t want to think any further. Now, he just wanted to listen more.

 

“How can someone look so handsome when they sleep…”

Her sweet voice sounded so pleasant to his ears but then, he could hear her sigh. Silence followed but he knew she was still there, so close. Namjoon didn’t know how much time had passed and he also didn’t know why his heart was constantly pounding so hard.

Could she even hear it in this silence? He hoped not.

“Oppa, I wish everything is isn’t true.” Her voice beside his ear suddenly broke the silence.

That voice almost sounded like a whisper but he could still hear it clearly. He could already guess that the raven haired girl was just a few inches from his face. If she would come a little bit closer, he knew he could feel her warm breaths on his ear.

“About you and Yerin Unnie… She told me you accepted her confession but I think you two don’t suit each other.” The way she spoke… Namjoon could imagine her pouty face that she always made whenever she was irritated.

Always, he thought that it was kinda cute and then, she would whine on how much she hated his remarks.

“But I don’t hate Yerin Unnie.” She paused before continued. “Well, okay… I guess I kinda hate her but she’s like my big sister. I know I’m a jerk… Maybe you’re the one who should be blamed for being such a handsome guy… Anyway, I wish you two would break up.”

 

Namjoon almost burst out laughing when he heard her childish words but he tried to calm himself down and continued to stay still, wanting to hear more. Son Eunseo was always a small kid to him. Her actions, her words, he face… They were all nothing but childlike rush of energy, his vitamins that always made his day and he thought it won’t ever change.

It started since long ago. He taught her English because she was so bad at it, her mother would bring good food for him in return and it happened ever since they became neighbours ten years ago. They were childhood friends. He was four years older, he was her tutor, she was like his little sister, and those were all he ever thought they were.

But today, everything seemed to have changed.

 

“But, you never told me you liked Yerin Unnie. You also told me you didn’t want to date anyone until you entered college. I’m disappointed in you, Oppa.”

He gulped upon hearing that.

Well, Baek Yerin is a nice girl. She kept sending him letters saying how much she admired him since he was placed in the top three of his school during his exams a year ago. Namjoon was also aware that the girl was also Eunseo’s senior in the choir team. She had a great personality and after a year, she officially confessed and surely, he couldn’t accept. It’s just that the beautiful girl deserved someone better than himself, nothing more.

But it seemed that he had forgotten the promise he made to Eunseo a few years ago.

 

“But… Even though I’m disappointed in you, I always ended up liking you again. It’s strange, right? Years passed and it is always like that… My heart… It keeps beating so fast whenever you’re close. The truth is, I wanna hug you, kiss you, and hold your hand like a real woman.”

She paused and sniffed.

“But I’ll forever be a little kid to you, right?”

 

No answer.

 

Namjoon knew, even if he was staring at her eyes at that moment, he couldn’t answer that question. He never expected this. That girl was like a little sister to him, nothing more. That was what she used to think.

 

 

“Get well soon, Namjoon Oppa.”

 

No, that was not the words he wanted to hear. He could hear her moving but he quickly opened his eyes and grabbed her wrist, taking the girl aback.

Blood rushed to her face. Even though she was unsure since when he was awake, Eunseo knew he definitely heard her words, the one that she was trying to hide from him for years.

 

She thought today was like every other day. Back at school, he would always be sleeping on empty audience seats at the school field, at the school rooftops, even at his classroom during recess. Every time she caught him sleeping, she would always say those words to his ear. Liking someone and didn’t have the guts to confess was like a torture to her and it mad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter