1/1

My Heart (Goes White) and My Cheeks (Turn Red)

1.2 k words


"Chanyeol? Hello? Chanyeol--"

"Huh, what--" Chanyeol shakes his head, only now realizing he's been zoning out for god knows how long, snapping his eyes down to where Kyungsoo is holding his palm up in front of him. Ah. "Ah, ah, wait."

He digs his hand into the pocket of his shorts, reaching for the chapstick he consequentially kept there because he was rushing to leave and couldn't put it on at home.

"Here, sorry," he murmurs, only looking up at Kyungsoo once and then fixing his eyes to his feet.

At this moment as Kyungsoo takes the small tube from his hand, their fingers brushing with an oddly lingering touch, he remembers exactly what he was thinking about that had him staring into space. His cheeks feel like they're burning all of a sudden, like he's only now catching his own thoughts and berating himself for it, but he resolves to just keeping his eyes on the ground so he doesn't have to look at Kyungsoo, and have those thoughts again--

"I can't open it," Kyungsoo whispers, voice melodious with a chuckle. Chanyeol shifts his gaze to where Kyungsoo is fumbling with the chap stick in his hands, his fingers pretty as they grip on the cap and try to twist. "Why--"

"It's just chap stick, Kyungsoo--" Chanyeol starts mumbling unconsciously-- "Fine, let me--" he reaches over and takes it from Kyungsoo and opens it with ease.

He can't help but tilt his head to the side and raise his eyebrows when Kyungsoo's mouth drops open at how simple it was to open.

"This isn't the same one as I use, you know that," Kyungsoo defends quietly; Chanyeol can sense a little bit of embarrassment as Kyungsoo quickly makes a grab for the now open chap stick.

Chanyeol stifles a laugh, hides his stupid giggle and too wide smile behind a closed fist, but when he looks again, Kyungsoo is staring at his chap stick seriously, eyes focused and lips downturned in an uncharacteristic pout.

"So can I just--" Kyungsoo motions with his free pointer finger a smoothing action near the tip.

Chanyeol gives a small nod but Kyungsoo obviously doesn't take notice of it, still too absorbed in whatever it is about the chap stick that he's observing.

He's about to verbalize a sure instead when Kyungsoo brings the tube near his lips and gestures an applying movement, "Or..?" And he almost chokes trying to fake a cough at the image.

Kyungsoo looks up at him in surprise, eyes wide and round and shiny and Chanyeol can't calm his heart down for the life of him.

He turns away from Kyungsoo and he doesn't even register what else Kyungsoo could be saying to him now until there are fingers snapping in front of his face and Kyungsoo's irritated, "Hey, are you okay? I was just asking for permission-- I'm over here--"

"Yeah," he says when he's finally recovered, and it's his turn to be embarrassed when he realizes Kyungsoo's been watching him through his fit. "Yeah, go ahead."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, though the relief in them is obvious, and Chanyeol's heart warms at his concern.

The first touch of Chanyeol's chapstick along Kyungsoo's upper lip makes his brain short circuit and suddenly he's reaching over and holding onto Kyungsoo's wrist.

"Wha--"

"Actually.." Chanyeol swallows. He's embarrassed but not enough to control himself. "Actually, can you.. Not do that while I'm looking.."

"What the hell--" Kyungsoo starts saying, voice already showing hints of an impatient kind of confusion, and Chanyeol cowers, flinches away when Kyungsoo raises his hand as if he were going to hit Chanyeol with his own chap stick.

He's about to blurt out an apology when Kyungsoo suddenly stops, eyes softening with a sudden realization that has Chanyeol trying to defend himself uselessly even though Kyungsoo isn't even accusing him of anything.

In the end Chanyeol just bows his head and clenches his hands when he's hidden them in the front pocket of his hoodie, face burning as he tries, once again, to keep his eyes on anything but Kyungsoo.

"Hey," he hears Kyungsoo call gently, seeing the tips of his shoes come closer in two steps to his own on the floor. He watches Kyungsoo's fingers slip inside of Chanyeol's pocket and he feels him easily taking the cap of the chap stick from his own fingers and replacing it back on the tube.

Chanyeol lets out a shaky breath when Kyungsoo puts the closed chap stick into Chanyeol's pocket behind his hand, and when that's done, Kyungsoo even closes his own fingers around Chanyeol's hand, smoothing over the skin until it relaxes and turns to hold Kyungsoo's hand back.

This is intimate-- too intimate for a public place even though they're the only ones at the end of this quiet corridor, and Chanyeol is torn between a calming warmth in his heart and a rapid firing of heartbeats.

Kyungsoo's free hand tugs at the strings of Chanyeol's hoodie, and when he lifts his head, Kyungsoo stands on his tiptoes to give him a kiss on his lips, lingering, warm, comforting.

Before Chanyeol can even gather enough sense to kiss back, Kyungsoo has already pulled away and is looking up at him with a tilt to his head.

"If you wanted to kiss me, you didn't even have to ask," Kyungsoo whispers shyly, though there is a confidence and sureness there that Chanyeol is severely lacking.

Ah, his Kyungsoo is really smart. Chanyeol's been thinking about Kyungsoo's lips the entire day, not just because he's watched Kyungsoo scratch his nails against the dried skin at the corner of his mouth, or because he couldn’t tear his eyes away when Kyungsoo's teeth scrapes against his chapped lower lip, but because Chanyeol has been wanting to kiss Kyungsoo for ing hours on end just today. But Chanyeol's already kissed him good morning and he doesn't want to seem too pushy or too eager, or overbearing, even--

"Just, like, do it or something."

Like you just did? Chanyeol wants to ask, but Kyungsoo's hand is still in his in the protection of his hoodie pocket, chap stick digging into the back of his hand, and he's so in love with Kyungsoo-- not just his wide eyes and soft short hair and pretty red lips, but all of Kyungsoo.

"So next time you want to, stop acting like a teenager with his first love and just--"

So Chanyeol does; he swoops down to press his lips against Kyungsoo's in a chaste peck, and the satisfaction that thrums within his body when Kyungsoo gives him the smallest of smiles as he looks up at him is enough to last him a couple hours without another kiss.

"But you are my first love," Chanyeol says cheekily, returning Kyungsoo's smile. "Love you," he follows up, his shyness immediately catching up with him as he coughs and starts walking, forgetting entirely that Kyungsoo's hand is still in his pocket, and Kyungsoo involuntarily follows wherever Chanyeol was planning to run away to.

He's determined to walk ahead, though, and his heart skips a beat and makes him stumble forward, tripping on his own feet, when he hears Kyungsoo whisper a reply from behind him.

"Love you too."