Chapter 18

Love For Revenge

 

Hwangbo’s POV

 

 

It’s been two months since that break-up. And in those two months I did nothing but to make myself busy. I want to have an independent life – a Hyun Joong-free life, and it’s really successful! I think I finally moved on. And with that success is also, the success of my business. So far, my boutique is the number one boutique in Korea, well last two months I was in the second, but now, number one. *smiles*

Suddenly my phone rang. I looked whose calling, and here it goes again.

 

 

“I said no.” Sorry it’s direct to the point but it’s Bommie. She’s convincing me to have a blind date with her ‘friend’.

 

“But Hwangbo, he’s really nice! Nicer than you think… He has a very good profession and I think you’re compatible with each other so--”

 

“Still no. Bye.” I’m about to end the call.

 

“Wait!!! Hwangbo-ah! Why don’t you try? You said you already moved on?”

 

“Yes I did! But Bommie, I’m really busy.”

 

“But he said --”

 

“Bye.”

 

 

I turned off my phone after that call so that nobody can disturb me.

She’s right, I already moved on but why can’t I try? I’m sorry but it’s not that I’m busy. Ok I lied, but what other excuse can I say? That I just don’t like it? Huh, as if she’ll believe. She’ll just insist that I haven’t moved on even if I already did.

It’s just that… Something’s stopping me from doing that. I really don’t know what that is. And this feeling… it , I swear.

I’m still having a moment here when a van in front of my boutique captured my attention. Hmmm, it looks like a celebrity van! And it that case, I think I must go down. And that’s what I did. When I reached the entrance, my foot unconsciously moved backward. My eyes are starting to ask why he’s here. I wish he’ll get what I want to say.

 

 

“Hello, I’m Hyun Joong’s manager.” My eyes turned to the man standing beside him.  “We’re here to sign papers for Hyun Joong’s endorsement here.”

 

“What? Endorsement? I stopped calling celebrities to endorse here since last… I think last three weeks.”

 

“But… You’re Hwangbo Hyejung, isn’t it?”

 

“Yes it’s me.”

 

“Then you’re not the one who --”

 

“I just said, I didn’t call any agency for the last three weeks.”

 

“Oh. I’m late.” I looked at the one who said that, and my eyes landed on the entrance. It’s my mom talking. “By the way Hwangbo, I called them.”

 

“Eomma… Why did you call them?”

 

“I just want to help out. Is that wrong?”

 

“But…”

 

“Aish. My daughter… I’m still the owner.” She smiled and looked at Hyun Joong. “I think we should proceed.”

 

 

They walked and passed by me, with smiles on their faces, of course aside from Hyun Joong with a serious face. He even stopped for some seconds to have a staring contest with me and then he continued walking… or am I only imagining that? God.

Now what’s happening to me? Omo. I can’t really stand that stare. It’s like my breathing stopped for a moment. He didn’t change at all. He is still handsome like before. Shocks. Knock that off!

For the world’s sake Hwangbo! Stop thinking bad things!!! You’re giving the world shivers!!!

God. Did I just let him conquer me again? As in entirely conquer me??

No. I. WON’T. LET. THAT.

I just hope that he will not sign the papers.

 

***

 

“You did sign the papers, did you?” I don’t know why I asked him to have a talk. Maybe, I’m just trying to tell that I am not willing to work with him.

 

“Why did you ask?” I annoyingly looked at him and breathed hard. “Do you want to work with me?” He faked a smiled. Alright, he’s getting into my nerves!!

 

“Seriously, no.” That’s a sarcastic one. “Now tell eomma that you changed your mind. Tell her you’ll not work for the boutique.”

 

“Well. I can’t.”

 

“Why can’t you?! It’s so easy!!”

 

“Are you directing me what to do? This is part of my job, Hwangbo. Now if you have objections, complain that to my manager.” He stormed out of my office.

 

 

Aggghhh. What did I do wrong? Why is God punishing me like this?!

Hell. I’m working with him. It says in the contract, since he is the major endorser, I must be his brand stylist… like, I must be there during his photo, CF and any other shoots to give him the proper clothes to wear. And for the record, that contract will expire after 3 years!!! OMG. My life will be a living hell with my bastard ex for 3 years!

Wait Hwangbo… Be calm. You said you moved on, right? So be calm and act cool when he’s here. And…

I rapidly opened my phone and dialed Bommie’s number.

 

 

“What now?” Maybe she’s now a little annoyed.

 

“I’m meeting him.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last 2 chapters to end this story. Will it have a happy ending??

Stay tuned! 

 

                                                                                                                                              

                                                                                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                                            ~bunnyTOP