Let’s get it started, scare games, yes my time with you!

It’s monster time!

a/n: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

i hope you've a scary day! ;) also i hope you'll enjoy this!

the title of the story and final chapter are from infinte's monster time (telemonster ost). i personally love this song and always sing along! i higly recommend listening to it while reading this! ^^

then, it's monster time!

 

- hanie

 


 

There are bells ringing again and Myungsoo is sure he'll die any second now. He should've expected it. He didn't visit his mother on mother's day because of college and he didn't show up on her birthday either. It's payback.

“Are you going to stand there for long?” a voice asks and a chill runs down his spine. “I'm bored, y'know.”

“W-w-who are you?!” he yells and it sounds way to shrill for a calm guy like Myungsoo, he's the calmest of the calmest. (Deep down he knows that he isn't but the monster, or whatever it is, doesn't need to know.)

“Come and find out!” comes back from his room, and he doesn't miss the teasing note in its voice.

Ohemgee!” the man exclaims and freaks out, quickly running to the lights and turning them all off. Then he curses at his stupidity because there's a green-ish light filling his apartment. “What the hell?!?” And some rustling sounds from the monster made him loose it.

Myungsoo acts fast and tiptoes to the kitchen (or the part of the apartment that kind of looks like it), trying to make out by touch where the knifes he has are hiding. He needs some time, it's dark after all, but once he finds them he makes a short victory dance and almost drops one out of the two knifes he got a hold of. “No-”

“What's taking you so long?” the voice rings back and a green-ish head with red hair pops out of the closed door.

Myungsoo's eyes widen and he shrieks. The knifes forgotten and falling in front of him on the ground (fortunately, he doesn't hurt himself), he runs towards the door and wants to escape this misery.

“Yah!”

Suddenly there's some light around his body and he's not able to move. “MOOOOOOM!!!” he screams and starts to tear up, “I'M SORRY I DIDN'T VISIT YOU, I LOVE YOU, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!”

“SHUT UP!”

His mouth stops moving, too, and to make this nightmare worse, there's that face again with red hair and green skin and big eyes are looking at him. He's hypnotised but he's also scared and almost faints there.

“Why are you so noisy?” the monster asks himself, the head floating in the air, “Had I know this I wouldn't have accepted that bet and would've remained like this.” With this the monster's head disappears.

The man's confused and doesn't understand anything. Why isn't he dead yet? However, he realises his body isn't shining anymore and so he moves again and presses his body against the door, his heart beating rapidly. 'What to do??' He could run away and try to call the police. But he knows it's of no use because they wouldn't believe him, on Halloween of all days. (Though, clowns are scary creatures these days.) The other option is to check out his room and make that monster leave him and never visit him again.

Myungsoo's room starts to shine in a much brighter green-ish light and he's wavering to decide for the second option, his curiosity is at fault. But in the end he can be dreaming and in the next moment he's woken up by the bell, with his mother standing there with some food.

So he settles it with his poor heart and fear, because those would be the death of him one day.

After some deep breaths he makes his way and slowly takes some steps towards his bedroom. “I can do this!” he encourages himself, taking a deep breath per step. “I won't die, it's just a dream.” he goes on.

A loud laughter is heard and then the green light makes his way to him. He's walking there anyway, but it's a whole different thing to get wrapped by some unknown light and then standing in his room. Which doesn't look like a room by the way, no, it looks like a graveyard with a dense fog that obstructs his view.

In one word: scary!

Myungsoo can't get words out, also the monster isn't anywhere to be seen and he's too scared to search for him. Nonetheless, his curious eyes roam around the room and scan every small detail, like the tombstones (there aren't names on them) and the full moon, which would be impossible in real life. He concludes it really must be a dream and he thinks it will help him to get this over with and wake up soon.

“Search and find me, it's going to be the last thing you'll do.”

Myungsoo blinks a few times and gives it his all to find that monster, it can't be that difficult, it must be somewhere. Just then his eyes catch something on the ceiling, big hands and feet.

“Finally!” it says and the fog immediately disappears, the monster now visible hanging over him. It starts grinning and it gives him the chills. “Took you long enough.”

“W-w-w-who-”

“I'm Sungyeol,” the boy says, swiftly falling down and now standing tall in front of him, “and you're my prey tonight!” A wink is directed his way and he's unable to look away.

“I..” he starts, though it's not easy to talk while freaking out on the inside. That monster's way too handsome, if one ignores its green skin colour. “You..” he tries a second time.

“Yes?” comes the teasing voice again and he starts to blush, what the hell is wrong with him?!?

But it really was breathtaking, in some weird way. It's taller than him and its hair was black, making the green skin look much darker around his face. His eyes resemble a deer's and that smile, it's dazzling. “Handsome.” he presses out and quickly hides his face behind his hands. He can die now, he doesn't care after acting like an idiot in front of a monster.

“Thanks?”

Silence envelopes the both of them until Sungyeol (of course he remembers its name) clears its throat.

“I've some things to do here, so, I'd like you to listen and actually look at me.” Impatience can be heard.

Myungsoo has no other chance than to comply, he removes his hands and sees those big eyes again.

“Good,” the other begins, “you'll have to listen carefully, got it kid?”

“I'm not a kid!” he bites back, this monster hasn't the right to call him that, even though this might cost him his life.

Rolling his eyes, Sungyeol speaks up again, “Okay, grown-up, you'll have to help me out.”

The man blinked. How can he, out of all people, be of some help?

“Overcome your fears and we're done!”

More than confused, Myungsoo tilts his head, his fear of monsters forgotten for that short period of time. “I don't get it.”

“Of course you don't,” Sungyeol sighs, “look, I've made this bet. It says I'll have to make a human being of my choice loose their fears. Once I've succeeded I'm free to do anything I want.”

Taking in what it said, he thinks about it to understand, too.

“Oh, it has to happen before midnight, means we've only got like two hours to accomplish that, maybe some more after midnight, but we're still short on time.”

“What?!” How could that be possible? He's a scaredy cat (on the inside he celebrates his honesty there), he'll never be able to overcome his fear of monsters, the dark and the loss of the dearest people in his life. “I can't do this.”

“You have to.” Sungyeol approaches him. “It's really important.”

Myungsoo battles with himself again, he wants to run away, though it's just a dream so he wants to help, too.

“I could help you out, no biggie, as long as I'll win this bet.” It shrugs and decreases the space between them more and more.

The human of both isn't all too sure. However, his mind is giving up on him the closer their bodies are. He might be attracted. 'Damn!'

“What do you say? Though, you've no say in this, anyway: I'll force you one way or another.” Another wink and he nods. What he shouldn't have done because monsters are rising up from the gravestones, their bones cracking when they move.

“N-n-no...” he whimpers, hiding his face behind his hands again.

The monster shifts from its place and Myungsoo suddenly feels two arms around his body.

“Wha-”

“I'm helping you fight them.”

With Sungyeol's help the other is able to stand straight and counteract whatever is happening. At some point Myungsoo feels safe there, Sungyeol's arms around him and them both fighting against the monsters.

With a 'click' the dead monsters (or undead dead, it's confusing) disappear and a pink heart flies into his chest.

“You mastered the first step,” Sungyeol says, “now let's try the next one.”

“How many do I have to do?” the human asks, he doesn't want another half heart attack. “Also, if it's any scarier, I'm not sure if I'll be able to be successful..” He lets his eyes drop down to the floor, he really is someone who's way too scared.

“Yah!” the green-ish being shouts, “I didn't choose you to be this pessimistic! Hold your head high, you can do this or else I'll-”

He couldn't hear the end of the other's sentence because the darkness starts to cover the gravestones and lets everything disappear. His body doesn't take it well, he's trembling and shivering. This is one of his greatest weaknesses!

“Boy, pay attention!” the monster warns him. Nonetheless, it's too late, the dark has enveloped him and the arms of the other vanish bit by bit. He's going to die, he knows it.

Some time goes by, and Myungsoo's still filled with darkness and fear. Sungyeol has tried to help him, though with no use. “Myungsoo!” it calls out, loud and clear for said man to hear.

Fortunately, there's still some light inside of that human, calling his name does the trick, which leads to Myungsoo waking up somehow and then starting to panic. “What the-” He moves but doesn't see anything, it's scary, everything is. “Sungyeol!” he cries out, near his tears.

“Thank god!” the monster exclaims, “Follow my voice, it's easy, okay?”

“Y-yes!” he stutters. He moves, step by step, sometimes almost tripping while Sungyeol was calling his name again and again. Some time when he almost reached the other, he asked himself why it was helping him this much. It could've let him die, it wouldn't harm it in any way. “Why,” he whispers, “Why are you helping me?”

Somehow strong arms get a grip of his shoulders and pull him against a warmth he feels comfortable around. “Because this is for my benefit,” the voice replies, lips touching his ear lightly and sending a light electric shock through his body. And another pink heart flies into his body.

Myungsoo's heart starts to beat rapidly again, his face also feels hot and he's embarrassed, really really embarrassed.

“Ready for the last hurdle?”

He blurts out a “No.” and Sungyeol chuckles.

“That's not the answer I need, y'know.” It intertwines their hands, “Like this you'll be able to make it, won't you?”

The human being's eyes widen, the darkness disappeared long ago and Sungyeol's able to see him. Notice his red face. Probably hear his heart doing flips and jumps, too. He's screwed, he's attracted to a monster. 'Can't my life just end here?'

“So?” the monster presses.

“U-uhm, ye-yes.”

The brightness of the lights in his room vanish and a shadow can be seen. It comes nearer and when it finally stands only a few meters away, Myungsoo can detect his mother. But his mother isn't alone, no, there's his brother and his father. They're all now standing in front of him, smiling bitterly. There's blood visible all over their bodies and Myungsoo's world crashes down.

“No.. this can't..”

“Myungsoo, why didn't you..” his mother starts, “You didn't go see me..”

“Mum is sad, so am I.” his brother goes on.

Lastly, his eyes lock with his father's. “Why didn't you take care of us all? Why didn't you help us?”

Unexpectedly, some monsters appear out of nowhere, trying to eat Myungsoo's family, which makes Sungyeol in air. “Where..?”

The human being is at a loss of words, not only did he kill his family, but there are also monsters attacking them. It hurts. “Stop..” he mumbles, afraid to be louder and attract the monsters' attention. He's selfish like this.

“Myungsoo, this isn't planned, there's something going wrong!”

The warning is of no value, the other doesn't listen. He's in too deep.

“Myungsoo, listen!” Sungyeol shakes him by the shoulders, “Come, listen! Someone's spoiling this! Don't get yourself tangled up!” It tries again and again, though it still doesn't work. “Yah! You'll die like this! MYUNGSOO!”

Then a bigger creature comes out from the wall, the colour is blue-ish with some red dots. It looks like a young man, brown hair and a creepy laugh. “You didn't think I'll let you off the hook as easily as this, did you, Yeol?”

“Woohyun.” the monster beside Myungsoo grumbles, the grip around his hand tightens. “What the hell are you doing?! This human has nothing to do with what we're both fighting about. Leave him out of it!”

“Wow, didn't think a human could make you attached like this.” Another creepy laugh, “You're way too whipped with the human world. Your dad said so, too.”

“Woohyun.” This time it's a warning. “Stop this, we'll take care of our matters back in our world.”

“Why, this seems so much fun!” Woohyun looks at him and approaches him, “This human is very interesting, I should take him with me.”

“No!” Sungyeol pulls him behind him, “Myungsoo isn't supposed to go there, our rules don't allow it either.” The monster tries to wake the human from his daze with pinching him and it starts to have an effect.

“You're obsessed, you shouldn't hang around and try out something that's impossible. Look at him!” It points at the tears that are visible on his face. He's been crying, seeing his family like this really breaks him.

“So what? That's how humans work.”

“Now you want to teach me? That's too late, Yeol.” A 'click' and Myungsoo is drawn by a thread that's connected with the bigger monster. “This human being's mine now and you can't do anything about it!”

“I can and I will!” the other shouts and then there's that green light around Myungsoo's body again. “Leave him alone! I've marked him!”

“What?!” Woohyun gasped and the thread disappears. “No, you're not that dumb, are you?” But looking at Sungyeol's face, Woohyun knows the other doesn't bluff. “Are you nuts?!? No one's going to welcome you again, you're tainted! You're done for!”

“So what?! I don't care. I'll turn human anyway!”

Myungsoo slowly regains consciousness, almost unable to understand what is happening in front of his eyes. He doesn't have to anyway because of Sungyeol, who quickly pulls him back against its body and cups his face.

“See and forget about me.” With that its lips meet in a kiss with Myungsoo's, the latter not knowing how to react. He blinks, but kisses back. Somehow the others lips feel kind of soft and it's almost addictive to kiss them.

“SUNGYEOL!”

Something is tugging on his arms and legs, however he doesn't care and kisses the monster again and again. His arms magically find their way to the other's neck and rest there, playing with the monster's hair. Once they exchange breathings, their tongues start to dance together and Myungsoo has never felt like this, so completed and content.

They part after an eternity. “Will you be mine, Myung?”

And as if it's been a spell, the human being nods and answers, “Yes, my monster!”

“I'm going to throw up, how disgusting!” Woohyun makes some gagging noises and says in a stern voice, “You better never regret or else I'll regret ever helping you out! Got it, Yeol?” Some blue-ish light appears on the wall Woohyun came out before. “Your dad will contact you, thank him. He cares a lot about you!”

“Thanks, Hyun!”

“Shut up, and be sure to come once in a while! And don't forget to explain him how you'll work from now on.” With one foot in the light, Woohyun turns back one last time, “See you soon, bro!” A sweet smile grazes its lips while it disappears, the last pink heart also flies into Myungsoo's body.

His room now turns back to normal, the lights on and the darkness from the outside creeping in. However, something else has caught his attention. “Sungyeol?”

“Yes?” The monster looks him in the eyes, now clearly seeing the brown color and the dark-brown hair. Myungsoo's gorgeous!

“Why aren't you green anymore?”

Sungyeol grins, “I'm half human now!”

“What?!?” Unbelieving eyes stare at him, “How??”

The half human being's thumb lightly brushes his lips, “Getting intimate with a human makes it possible. Though, to turn into a full human we'll have to sleep with each other!” It wiggles its eyebrows.

Myungsoo nods, sounds plausible. But then shrieks, “WHAT?!”

Turns out, Sungyeol will turn into a monster every time the full moon will shine. The colour of his skin won't be the same green-ish type though, it's going to be brighter and some pink hearts will be gradually visible on his body (and the human is curious where they will show then).

Myungsoo chuckles at this, it matches Sungyeol's weird antics at times (or the short period of time he's knows the monster now).

“You didn't listen till the end, Myung,” the half human says, “Once I'm a monster in possession of a human being and it's full moon, they'll have to satisfy me.”

Myungsoo's eyes widen and he lets out a scream. However, it's still Halloween, no one's concerned one bit. It's monster time after all!