BaekHera #1

A Lot Like Love

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

It's painful seeing her lying there with her eyes closed.

 



He never got the chance to tell her how much he loves her.

 

 

Why does it have to be like this?



Yet for the last time He smiled.

She won't be alone.

He won't let her go without him.



Atleast they will still be together.

 

Up there, without suffering, without pain, away from the greedy people of this world.



He reached out for her hand.
But before he could even touched it, his eyes slowly closed and his vision was filled with darkness.



 

 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 




Baekhyun jolted awake from his dream.

He was catching his breath. Sweats are all over his face.
That was the worst nightmare he ever had in his entire life.
He could still feel the fast beating of his heart.
He knows it was just a dream but it feels like it was too real.

Too real that it really frightened him.



He looked at the other side of the bed.
Seeing that it was empty fueled the anxiety on Baekhyun's brain.
He got out of the bed immediately and ran out of the room as fast as he could.


The living room was deserted, yet the light of the sun is glistening inside. The curtains of the windows are wide open.

He smiled.

He knows she's the only one who opened the curtains too wide just to let the sun shines inside the house.

He can smell the bacon being fried the moment he steps inside the kitchen.
A soft chinese love song is played thru a mini speaker placed in the kitchen counter.



He sighed.


Indeed it was just a dream.


She's still here, happily cooking today's breakfast.

Baekhyun approached her who is infront of the stove and suddenly give her a hug from the back.

"Good morning" he murmured into her ears.

"Good Morning oppa" she cutely smiled at him.

"I miss you" he whispered.

"You miss me? Why are you so clingy today?" She asked.

"Nothing" he said.

He don't want her to worry or to stress out so he decided to keep it to himself, about the dream.


But then she turned off the stove and look at him with a pouty lips.
Baekhyun chuckled from her overflowing cuteness.

"Tell me!" She said.

"It's nothing to worry about." He said and hug her.

"I know you oppa. What's worrying you? Is it me again? I told you I'm fine. It's Hangkyung oppa who replaced me on teaching the kids. I just go there to supervised them" she said.

"It's not about that.  But since you mentioned it, I told you to stop going there for awhile. Especially if you are alone." Baekhyun frowned

"But oppa...."

"No buts Ji Hye Ran." Baekhyun said.
"If you want to go out  call me or Heechul hyung"


"Heechul oppa is so overprotective like you" she pouted
"I'm not that fragile. I can manage on my own."

"I know you are strong. But please bare with this for awhile ok? Soon you'll be back teaching martial arts with the kids" Baekhyun caressed her face.

The woman sighed and nodded.
Well he's right anyway.

"So would you care telling me now what's worrying you?" She asked again.

He can't get away with her cute intriguing face.

"I'll tell you after breakfast" He said

"Meanie" she pouted again.

Baekhyun chuckled. How can he ever get over this woman?

 



- - - - - - -

 



Breakfast was lovely and both of them are cuddling in the sofa while watching a romcom drama on tv.

Baekhyun loves weekend. Especially if he's spending it with the woman who is in his arms right now happily munching an apple.

 

He smiled when he remembered the first time he met Hera. 

 

She was a student in a martial art school owned by his friend.
Baekhyun teach hapkido for kids if he had free time in that school aswell.
He works as a song writer/ producer in a well known entertainment label in South Korea.

She was a deligent student. Very competitive and loves challenge.
She might have a pretty and bubbly face but  she's very strong.

Baekhyun was amazed by that attitude of hers.

At that time Baekhyun had a serious relationship. His girlfriend was a model, under the entertainment agency where he works.


He never got the chance to be friends with Ji Hyeran.

 



But fate brought them together.

 After a 3 years relationship with his girlfriend they decided to
 call it a quits. His exgirlfriend wanted to be a much bigger model that she decided to go to US.
Baekhyun made her choose between her career and him.

Well, He would never be in the gym (martial art school) that time if his exgirlfriend choose him.
And he would never had the chance to see a smiling Hera sitting beside him asking him what's wrong.



They became friends.
She was comfortable to talk to. So much wit and humor in her stories that's why he loves listening.

He loves how she laughs on his jokes. How she closes her eyes everytime she listened to his newly composed songs.

Baekhyun loves eating his breakfast at the office. He would drop by at Hera's house every morning since its a coincidence that they live in the same neighborhood. Hera would be outside the gate holding a lunch box.
Her smile is such an energy booster as she handed to him the homemade breakfast.

It's just a peanut butter jelly sandwich but it's the most delicious food in the world for him.





And now, those moments they shared back then became their stepping stones in building a more stronger bond and relationship.



A relationship that is more than friendship.




"Byun Baekhyun!" A pouting Hera called him.

"Ye?"

"You've been spacing out. Com'on tell me what's  worrying you?'
She's so impatient.


"It's just a dream" he said.

"Really? What is it about?" Now she's curious.


"I-it's somehow a nightmare too" he said.

A frowned was again visible in her face.
"Com'on tell me so you won't worry anymore"
She said.


He then started telling her about the dream. At first it was all cute and funny yet as it goes deeper it became tragic and unhappy. It frightened him more since it's kinda real.


But what the hell is he doing in the old era of South Korea anyway?


"You're a prince?" she asked. She seems engrossed to his dream.

"I don't know, maybe? But you're the prettiest soldier there" he chuckled.

She blushed.

"But you said it's a nightmare too?" Hera asked.

"We were killed by someone. I don't know who coz it's a bit blurry, everything is vague. The only clearer thing I remembered is you lying on that sandy ground. It's just a dream but it so painful seeing you like that. Then when I woke up, I panicked when I did not see you beside me" Baekhyun said.

The girl suddenly hug him.

"It's ok. You don't have to worry anymore. I'm here, i'm fine." She said, her face burried in his chest.

"I know. And I won't let you go." Baekhyun smiled.








"What time is your appointment?" Baekhyun was carrying the sleepy woman on to their bedroom.

"3 in the afternoon." She murmured.

"We still have few more hours. You can sleep for awhile." He placed her in the bed.
"You're too heavy now. What have you been eating?" Baekhyun chuckled


"A lot!" She smiled with her eyes closed.


"Cute"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




"You've been eating too much sugar lately" Baekhyun pinched her cheeks.

The girl, who loves pouting, glared at him.

"It's not my fault" she said then stuff with the cotton candy she was holding.

The door of the clinic opened and a smiling attendant went out.
"Miss HyeRan?" She said

The girl beside him raised her hand.

"You can come in now" the attendant smiled.







"You should lessen your sugar intake Hera" the doctor said.

"Told you" Baekhyun looked at her.

"But sweet is life" she frowned.

"I suggest you give her fruits rather than giving her chocolates and candies or any other sweets. It would be difficult for her in the d-day if  her sugar rate will be high."

"Chocolates are banned in our house, Doctor. But I don't know if where is she sneaking those sweets she hides in our bathroom" Baekhyun said.

"Yah, oppa how did you know i'm hiding the sweets there?" She asked.

"HyeRan listen to your Husband. You should take good care of yourself now. So are you ready to see?"

With a frown in her face Hera nodded.

"It's 14 weeks, I guess we can know the gender now" the doctor smiled.

She instructed Hera to lie down in the clinic's bed.
Baekhyun was grinning at her while the Doctor was preparing the machine.

"Are you excited?" Hera asked.

"So much" Baek said.

 

 

 

"Strange" the doctor said.

"Why is that?" Baekhyun asked.
Hera was holding his hand tightly.

"The heart beat is too fast. Let me on the monitor for us to check." The doctor then pressed something on the machine and the monitor lighted.

It was all black and white.
And something is moving.


Baekhyun was awed it was his first time seeing it.
And he can't help the fluttering in his heart.
Hera smiled at the amazement she can see in Baek's face.

The doctor looked at them with a wide smile.

"You two are so lucky. Looks like the happiness here are doubled." The doctor said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Hera asked.

"Well we have two heartbeats. And look at this, we have two small heads here." The doctor smiled.

"T-two?" Baekhyun was shocked.
"You mean...."


"You're having twins Hera-ya" the doctor smiled at the soon to be mother.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



"Now you seriously can't go out alone." Baekhyun said, handing a mug of milk to Hera.

"I'm happy. Are you happy?" She asked.

"More than you expect" he smiled.
Baekhyun sat on their bed and asked her to cuddle with him.
She sat in between his legs and Baekhyun's arms automatically wrap around his wife's body.

He caressed her tummy.
Maybe that's the reason why she had a large baby bump.

"I'm sorry if I worry you sometimes. Sorry for being stubborn and hard headed." She sighed.

"Well that's your personality. I envy you since you're much stronger compared to me." Baekhyun said.

"It's ok. You're still handsome" she chuckled.

"My handsomeness can't protect you" he frowned.

"You're strong in your own way oppa. And I believe that you'll be an awesome appa for our twins." Hera smiled.

"Ofcourse. I'm your awesome husband anyway." Baek chuckled and nuzzled his face into her hair.

"I love you Hera-ya. Don't you ever leave me" he sighed.

"Is this about your dream again? I told you I will be here always." She said.

"I'm just scared."

"The future is unsure oppa. But don't get distracted with your fears or even the beautiful things in this world. Just walk and i will still be there with you in the future." Hera looked up to him.
She smiled before leaning closer to kiss him.
"I love you too" she murmured.


"Let's go together in this journey ok?" he said.

"And with our twins" she smiled.


"We will have two babies in a few months now. We still need two more." Baekhyun chuckled


"Huh? You seriously want four kids?"
Hera pouted.

 

"I told you before I dont accept negotiation. Two more ok?" He smiled.

 


"Two more then" she smiled back.

 

 

 

 



A/N



To my BaekHera shipper friend 😄
(And me being a shipper too)

I'm still sad that Eun and SoonDeok didn't had the chance to have a happy ending!
I hope this one-shot will cure the heart ache!

I know this is not the end yet. my Ohana! Readers knows that lol ☺
But i'll mark this as completed

See you in the next oneshot/chapter, if ever!

Xoxo