Welcome to Whalien (Part 1)

Whalien Academy of Ancient Magic and Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.

Busan, May 20th 2015

Park Jimin had a really tiring day. Juggling from school, dance practice, and part time job as a pizza delivery guy had drained all of his energy. And all he wanted to do right at the moment was sleep the fatigue away on his ty apartment with his equally ty roommate. Seriously all the guy did was just trashing their already cramped apartment and always leave it afterwards, knowing as the kind soul he was, Jimin would ended up cleaning the whole mess no matter how many times he nagged him about it.

But seems like Jimin and sleep were two far away now

“seriously?”, Jimin groaned out loud when he spotted that the elevator yet again broke down, meaning he should took the stairs to reach his apartment on the fourth floor when his legs felt like being stabbed with invisible needles.

Jimin kept on grumbling at his misfortune as he ascended the stairs, putting all his weight to the railing and secretly hoped the old thing didn’t collapse while he did that.

After about fifteen minutes of struggling and cursing, Jimin reached his apartment and internally tanked god that his roommate was nowhere to be found. Ignoring the pile of plastic wrap and beer cans scattered all over the living room, he dragged his tired feet to his bedroom. Screw shower, he was too tired and all things inside his head was sleep, sleep, and more sleep.

But as he opened the door, he was greeted by a rather unusual sight. Because there, in front of his wide open window, stood a girl with skin so white it literally glowing under the moonlight. Her sharp gaze squinted at the sight of Jimin, standing frozen by the door, eyes wide and mouth agape.

The girl ‘tsk’ed and rood her eyes

Then when Jimin regained a little of his sense and about to ask the girl why she was at his room and how she even get there, the girl took a step back, climbing his window, and jumped without any ounce of hesitation.

The girl.

Just jumped.

From the fourth floor.

Jimin widened his eyes and yelled a panicked “no!!!”, and run to the window.

 But when he looked wildly outside, there was nothing. No dead body lying on the concrete ground, no sight of the pale girl, nothing.

The girl vanished just like that.

After a moment Jimin shook his head, thinking the whole ordeal was just his imagination, when his eyes caught something shiny on top of his desk. 

A pin. 

A very fancy looking pin Jimin 99% sure made of pure gold, with golden sun crafted in the middle of the circle.

And he didn’t recall having something that fancy and shiny before.

“Is it from the pale girl from earlier? So she is real?”, Jimin questioned in confusion. But as the tiredness took over him once again, he gave up finding the answer and opted to sleep with the fancy pin safely tucked below his pillow.

He would deal with that tomorrow when his body didn’t try to kill him.

That night, Jimin dreamed about a pale girl with sharp gaze and flowing mint green hair.

The next morning Jimin wake up late and should running through the whole way to school before the first period start because the bus he usually took already left and the next bus would come in about 30 minutes. He couldn’t afford getting late again because Mr. Choi had threatened him that if he slacked off again, the school will cut off his scholarship. And given that it was already 5 minutes before the bell rang and the distance between his apartment and high school was about 15 minutes by bus, Jimin with no doubt would be late.

But Jimin was a true warrior and not a pessimist, so he kept running as fast as his legs allowed him. And when he a corner near his apartment building, he abruptly stopped.

And then he blinked.

“h-how?”, he blankly asked to the tin air

Then he quickly checked the time on his phone. 

7.53 am

“t-this is i-impossible”, Jimin muttered again in shock.

Because right in front of him, behind that high iron gate, was no other than his high school

But how? He even should spend at least 15 minutes by bus from his apartment, let alone just running. There was no way he could run that fast.

Jimin kept thinking about it the whole day, and decided he would check it again if he suddenly has some power like The Flash or there was a shortcut he unconsciously took.

So when the last bell rang, he sprinted out of the class room and start running to his apartment, frowning when he passed some roads he swear he didn’t see this morning.

But unaware to Jimin, there was a pale girl with flowing mint hair literally following him from the top of the building or trees he had passed, hopping from place to place until they reached his own apartment complex. Then the girl was gone.

Jimin frowned in confusion, staring intently on his yellowish ceiling as he recalled the even from this morning.

How come he could arrive to school just under 3 minutes? The little experiment he did that afternoon showed that he need at least 30 minutes by running. Even so, he drained his energy halfway to his apartment when this morning he didn’t even feel tired at all, like he was just running for a few meters and not kilometers.

Jimin groaned and reaching to his pillow only to jerked his hand away when he felt cold metal against his skin. Confused, he pulled out the item and immediately sat up straight on his bed.

“so last night is not a dream”, he muttered, looking at the pin in his hand in fascination.

He inspected the pin closely in awe. He never see let alone have something this fancy all his life, so Jimin stood up and headed to his mirror, decided to try the pin on his school uniform.

“wow, this looks really fan- w-what h-happened?!!”

Jimin was panicking as the pin suddenly felt really hot and burning the skin underneath his uniform, right above his heart. And however hard he tried to remove the pin, he couldn’t, like the fancy jewelry was etched on his skin.

Jimin wanted to cry because it hurt so badly.

He opened his mouth for help, but there were no sound coming out from it. And suddenly his vision significantly blurred, his ears ringing, his skin felt like being pricked by needles, and the air around him felt heavier he found it really difficult to breath, like he was into a giant vacuum.

And for a moment Jimin felt like he would die.

Until all the torture finally stopped in an instant, like it never happened in the first place. Jimin didn’t realize that he closed his eyes all the time, so he slowly opened it.

And Jimin couldn’t decide if he should freak out or amazed at the sight in front of him. He was not inside his apartment anymore, that he was sure. Because the blurred image of grand ceiling that beautifully crafted like those on Victorian era was so much different than the yellowish ceiling -with some spider web here and there- he usually stared at.

The sound of a door being harshly opened, snapping Jimin instantly to the source of noise

“why the hell you did it again, Yoongi?!”, a girl voice angrily yelled right after. Jimin vision was still terribly blurred, but he could see a girl with pink hair followed by a tall boy with blonde hair making their way to the other end of the room where…

‘isn’t it the pale girl from last night?’, Jimin thought as he kept blinking and thankfully the blur almost gone now.

The pale girl, Yoongi was it? only shrugged her shoulder as she kept playing with her phone on a single couch near a big window. The pink haired girl huffed in frustration and crossed her arms.

“you do know you will get trouble again from the committee, right?”, she asked again with barely suppressed anger.

Yoongi shrugged again, “and you know I don’t care”

“don’t be a child, Yoongi. If you want to have your mom attention, at least do it with something positive”, the pink haired girl said again through her teeth.

Even from the distance. Jimin could see that Yoongi instantly tensed at the words. Her posture turned rigid and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter