Final

Sweet Lullaby

A/N: English is not my first language so pardon me for any mistake. This one-shot is inspired by a radio show that the girls had done with Leetuek when Yerin actually complains about how Sowon didn't wait for her before she sleeps. I always feel like they are the best supports for each other; a soul-mate kind of feelings. Anyways, #Unnieline hwaiting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is late and nearly reaching midnight. The girls are done with their schedules for the day before the clock even strikes twelve. It is a rare occasion but instead of staying up for late activities, they have decided to use the opportunity to catch up on their rest. The grumbles and groans that filled the house before have dispersed into silence as they fall into deeps lumbers. They are just dead tired.

Yerin slides the bathroom door opened as soon as she finishes brushing her teeth. Feeling curious, she peeks her head out at their shared room and finds that the lights are still on. The eldest is still not asleep yet and is reading a book on her bed. Unknowingly, a smile creeps onto the younger’s face.

Hurriedly, she grabs the hair dryer on the wall stand and operates it to the maximum power. She wants to get onto her bed desperately. Her muscles are aching badly.

It takes about ten minutes for the wetness to leave her hair. Putting the dryer back, she steps out of the bathroom and heads towards their room with her pink pajamas. At times, she actually finds it too girly but it's comfortable. And that's all is needed to convince her to keep it.

“Unnie, you're still not sleeping?” Yerin asks.

“Ah,” Sowon looks up as she removes her glasses before continuing, “you're done bathing?”

The girl nods her head as she picks up her bottle and gobbles a few mouth of water down. A small amount of liquid leaks through the small spacing and drips onto her shirt. A chuckle can be heard from the side as she frowns at the situation. She can never drink properly like an adult.

“Stop laughing!”

Sowon never complies and continues to laugh more. The other girl can only stares helplessly as she walks away to climb onto the upper bed. Yet, her peace doesn't last long when a slap is felt on her thigh.

“Yah, turn off the lights before you sleep!”

“But you're still reading!”

“Says who,” Yerin watches as she put the book under the bed and leans herself down onto the soft mattress. “I'm sleeping now too.”

“Fine!” 

Yerin has been tossing around for a long time but she still can't get herself to sleep. Her mind is screaming for a rest but her body doesn't want to obey. Maybe she is too used to having an irregular sleeping pattern such that insomnia is affecting her badly now. Bringing the bolster close to her body, she closes her eyes and tries to sleep again.

Yet, they keep opening by themselves. The movement seems like a reflex. 

Letting out a sigh, she stares at the white ceiling unwillingly. The room is so quiet that even taking a breath can be heard clearly. Emptiness suddenly engulfs her and she doesn't like this feeling. She simply can't stand being alone with her emotions.

However, she doesn't have a choice when she realises that tears have been building up in her eyes and as she blinks, they roll down her cheeks. Pursing her lips together, she quickly wipes them off with her right sleeve. It is dark but she is still afraid that someone will notice. 

Pushing her body up from the bed, she carefully climbs her way down to the bed below. Sowon has her eyes shut with her chest rising and falling at a steady rate. She assumes that she is already asleep. Gently, she lifts the cover up and moves her arms to fit herself into the bed together with the leader. 

“Wae…?” She is startled when a slurred voice sounds in her ear.

She turns her body around and  looks up at the girl who's rubbing her eyes. She is staring back at her with squinted eyes as if something absurd has happened. It is though – that a fully grown adult has invaded her privacy area. She realizes that maybe she hasn't really slept yet.

“Unnie, I can't sleep.”

Yerin waits for a response as she watches the girl hums as an acknowledgement. Then, she feels arms circling her waist and pulling her closer. The warmth from another body hit her as her head is forced to lay on the girl’s chest. 

“Unnie…” She whines, trying to get the leader’s attention but she is obviously still half-asleep.

Then, she feels a pair of legs wrapping around her as the hand moves up swiftly to her head before pulling down a few strands of hair with it. The repeated movements are done so ever gently as if she is trying to coax her to sleep like a baby. She frowns but the actions actually make her eyelids droop lower than before quickly.

As Yerin gradually closes her eyes, a pair of lips touches her forehead before a voice is whispered into her ears, “now sleep.”

She doesn't know anymore if she is in a dream or reality. Tightening her hold on the elder girl, she relaxes her body and follows her mind to wherever it is leading her to. She smiles; at least she knows that she is not alone now.