1/1

Butterfly Orchids and Bright Red Tulips
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol took a deep breath as he kept one hand in his pocket as the other held a flower pot with light pink butterfly orchids.

Now or never.

He walked across the street, flower pot in hand and walked into the florist 'Everday Is Spring', the bell chiming from above the door as he entered. He walked a bit slower as he made his way through the florist, weaving through the couple of aisles. He made sure the small label was placed correctly and checked that the label was correct for the nth time that past hour.

When he saw that the coast was clear for now, he quickly ran over, placing the pot on the counter before running straight out of the florist and dashing for the cafe a few shops down.

 

 

Baekhyun had been working on an arrangement for an order that had been placed for the evening when he heard the chime of the shop ring. He was wondering who would be coming in at that hour, but seeing as no one had called out for assistance, he quickly finished one part of the arrangement before stepping out to the front. He was definitely confused when he saw a single flower pot with some rather pretty butterfly orchids sitting on the counter.

Walking up to it, he saw the little label that had been poked into the soil and giggled softly.

Butterfly Orchids

You're always on my mind

Byun Baekhyun

He read the rather cheesy message to himself and chuckled. The petite brunette was a florist and well, that meant he knew the meanings of most flowers. He had a feeling that he knew who this was from, and it honestly made him feel giddy as he took it with him out to the back, admiring it as he finished up the flower arrangement.

 

 

"So, I'm guessing you did it?"

"Huh?" Chanyeol looked up and saw his friend, Sehun sitting across from him.

"You gave him the flowers, right?" the rather stoic boy asked.

"Yeah? Um, well, not to him. I just left it there... on the counter whilst he hadn't come out from the back yet," the taller explained as he stared into his cup of coffee.

The blonde boy laughed at the odd behaviour from the red head. "Pfft, too chicken to give it to him personally?"

The taller groaned at his friend's teasing for the rest of the afternoon.

 

 

The bell above the door chimed and Baekhyun poked his head out from the back room. "Oh, hey Sehun!" he greeted and came to the counter. "Nice to see you here for your shift," he grinned.

Sehun smiled and then noticed the orchids in the back room. "Flowers, hm?"

"Mhmm, someone came and dropped them off for me," the shorter giggled and sighed almost dreamily. "It was him, right?" he asked.

"Yup. He wasn't exactly too discreet about it since he comes here every week and talks to you about flowers all the time," the younger chuckled. "Are you interested in him hyung? I mean, you haven't gotten rid of the flowers." The blonde boy put on his apron and grabbed the spray bottle before beginning to walk around, hydrating the plants in the humble florist.

"Maybe... But I wanna just how much he's learnt and remembered about flower meanings," Baekhyun smiled and eyed the orchids.

 

 

Chanyeol jumped slightly when he heard his phone ring and then

Please log in to read the full chapter