VI.

Windy Hall (Hiatus)

The evening’s wind rustled through the air. Jisoo’s long locks danced about her as she froze from what she was just told. Her lungs were tightened, as if she forgot how to breathe, and the Sun’s warm was now burning her. Sweat trickled down her exposed temple and her palms were soaked. Memories of her beloved mother, murdered for a scrap of cloth flashed at the back of her head.

A cry escaped Jisoo’s lips as she covered her eyes with her hands, then she ducked forward until dirt and pebbles digged the skin of her hands, and her bare knees. Unaware of what was unfolding before them, Myungsoo and Sungjong watched as Jisoo shook her head and began screaming.

Her cries startled perched birds and the horses tied up near them. Their neighs and attempt to avoid her rumbled the earth.

Myungsoo’s eyes widen as he dropped the food and reached out to her, “Jisoo!” His heart pounded rapidly as worries consumed him.

“Stop it! Don’t hurt her! Stop!” she shouted.

Sungjong watched as Jisoo’s skin turned red and her veins popped out from her neck. What was happening to her?



Seated in a chair carved out of stone, the scrawny man sat with company in the tiny space. Standing near the door, a figure with his hands relaxed in front of him, wait for the sitter to give him commands. The seated was in a white robe, his legs crossed, hands resting and fingers tapping on the hard armrest. “Has the seeker been identify yet?” he asked in an alluring manner.

The small man possessed an attractive smile as he looked to the elderly who was standing, the old man sensed his sharp gaze and satisfied him with the right answer, “A human girl by the name of Seo Jisoo,”

A mole sat under the elder’s right eye and slightly expanded as his wrinkled skin sagged.

The seated purple lips spread out on his face, “And him?”

“Still at Windy Hall,”

The response brought out an even wider smile from the sitter, “Eh,” the handsome youth leaned forward, “I shall pay the girl a visit then, eh?” The older male nodded in agreement.



Night rolled around and Myungsoo found himself sitting beside a curious Sungjong. After all of the screaming and sobbing on an empty stomach, Jisoo was worn out. Luckily during Sungjong’s short trip, he discovered a tavern with an inn nearby. After tucking Jisoo in a bed and sealing the room with a secured spell, he head over to the bar that Sungjong was occupying. Slipped in between the younger’s middle and index fingers was a cocktail glass, half empty.

Myungsoo eyed the other’s wet lips before searching for his dark pupils. The blonde did not spare him a look. Shortly the bartender, a nicely-built hard looking man, locked gaze with him. “Drink?” he asked. The wizard flashed the nameless a soft smile and bobbed his head.

“Ice water please,”

The worker nodded and quickly presented a glass cup with ice then swiftly he poured in crystal clear water. “There you are,” the stranger said with a rough voice. Then he moved away to clean glass cups and organize his station to allow time for the mages.

As expected, Myungsoo broke the ice between them, “How did you know? That Master Kim tried to kill Master Xia?”

Sungjong crushed the ice cube that had escaped into his mouth before turning to Myungsoo, “You know, it’s an old story in the magic world,”

The older didn’t buy it. Even the human King isn’t aware of the details behind the immortals relationship and the old man is Master Xia’s closest friend. Myungsoo took a sip of his icy drink as he blew out a sigh, “Rubbish,”

Sungjong shrugged coolly, “Whatever then,” as he tried to put up a tough front, Myungsoo was quietly studying him. And as little did Sungjong know, Myungsoo could see through him.

The dark haired spoke this time, “If you’re angry because I haven’t been giving you any attention then you need to grow up,” his words were executed in a harsher tone than he had originally intended. This time the younger glared at him and he knew he had messed up.

“Grow up? I’m seventeen, am still a child. Why don’t you grow up and find yourself a grown up to fondled with. I’m leaving—” Sungjong’s attempt to run away was ceased when Myungsoo made a clicking sound with his tongue.

“You’re drunk. Go get some rest and sober up tomorrow,”

Furious that Myungsoo was barely threatened, Sungjong squeezed his fingers together until the glass in his hand shattered into countless pieces. The sound and action made the bartender flinch. Myungsoo scowled as he saw blood oozed out from the small cuts made in the blonde’s pale hand. Before he can reach out and grabbed onto the other’s wrist, Sungjong stood up and stormed out of the nearly empty place. Only a couple and two men occupied tables behind Myungsoo as they stared at the commotion.

Normally Myungsoo would race after the youngster, but he was more concern about Jisoo. Her reaction was not normal—at least not to him. Now he’s even wondering if she’s strong enough to face the owner of Windy Hall. And if she isn’t then he needed a backup plan. As if nothing ever happened, the wizard empty his glass while organising his thoughts.



 Around three in the morning Myungsoo finally went to check on Jisoo. Seeing that she was still asleep, he left and headed elsewhere. Just down the crowded hall, he confronted a closed wooden door. As he grabbed the golden handle and turned it counterclockwise, he vividly scanned the spacious room. Seeing that Sungjong made it to the room but not on the bed, the older invited himself in and kneel beside the blonde. Sungjong was sitting on the ground and leaning against the bed, passed out. Gently Myungsoo slipped his slim fingers through Sungjong’s soft locks and caresses the younger’s rosy cheeks. “You’re so much like her,”

After lifting Sungjong onto the bed, the white magic caster pulled the puffy covers over the lad’s body until only his sleeping face was exposed. Then softly he bend down and give the younger a peck on the forehead. Looking down at the sleeper, Myungsoo noticed a change in the air around the teen. Thinking of what it could be, the answer slowly came to him.

“Silver magic,” he whispered.



When Jisoo woke up, all she could detect was darkness. Except the little light that was trying to keep itself alive from the corner of her eyes. As she turned toward it, its brightness was suddenly cut off by darkness.

Someone’s darkness.



A/N: Ahh, I know this and some of the previous chapters are quite short. Normally my chapters are at least over 2k words (so far that isn’t the case) but I promise the chapters will get longer! Let me know what your thoughts are! Also we will get to see Jaejoong soon and or Daesung so please anticipate their introductions!