Epilogue

Destined

OST: Say Yes- Punch ft. Loco (Hera's favorite soundtrack)

 

 

"Are you testing your husband?"

 

Wang Eun scoffed while Soondeok remained unbothered with his antics. She was tutoring her husband for his lessons. They had to finish atleast two books today.

 

"I'm betting my wrist that I've already read it all!"

 

Soondeok rolled her eyes and grabbed Eun's right wrist and put a mark on it. "It's mine." She said in a bored expression.

 

The prince's nose flared in anger, "Next!"

 

Prince Eun's already full of markings on his face. Two cirlces on his eyes, a doodle on his nose and cheeks. "Take it all! My arms, neck, feet! Take it all!" He sulked on his seat.

 

She took his left wrist and was about to mark it as well when Eun stopped her. "You can't have this. This is Haesoo's."

 

Upon hearing the name, she retracted her hand and faced the other way. She couldn't cry in front of him. She wouldn't be weak because of Haesoo's name.

 

The prince noticed her shaking shoulders. He slowly made his way to his wife, "Y-You're not crying right?"

 

Soondeok was about to answer when she sensed another presence around the study room. She could hear the movements and in a swift motion she repositioned herself and her husband because of a knife thrown at them.

 

The knife untied Soondeok's ponytail and her hair was down. Wang Eun was in shock underneath her but quickly recovered as he noticed his wife's beauty. He could feel his face getting warm as he looked at her in the eyes. He couldn't believe that the manly daughter of the general was beautiful. 

 

Soondeok faced the culprit, "Abeoji!*"

 

General Park chuckled and cleared his throat, "I could see that my daughter is well." He shifted his sight to the Prince on the table. "What's with him? He looks like a pile of poop."

 

"What would you do if he died from shock?" Soondeok retorted and pouted at her father.

 

"How would he live in this cruel world if that shocked him?" 

 

Wang Eun groaned as he stood up. His wife focused her attention to him, "Did it hurt? Should I blow it?"

 

The little prince took advantage of the situation and nodded, leaving the General speechless.

 

 

 

"What's my wife thinking about?" 

 

Hera's flashback was cut off by her cute husband who just woke up. His black hair sticking out making him look like a cute puppy. She reached out and caressed his face, "Go back to sleep, wangjanim."

 

Baekhyun nodded sleepily as he went back to dreamland. 

 

 

After an hour, Baekhyun woke up when he smelled something delicious. It made him hungry so he already got up from bed. 

 

Hera was cooking and her back was the one who greeted him. She's indeed beautiful in every angle. He slowly made his way closer to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She jerked from his touch and hit his nose.

 

"Ouch!"

 

"Oh gosh, sorry!" She placed the spatula down and held his face gently. "Does it still hurt? Should I blow it?"

 

Baekhyun grinned, "Just like before, huh?" He took advantage of the situation and held her close to him. He kissed her on the lips lovingly.

 

When they pulled away, Hera smiled at him. "Yes. Just like before, wangjanim." 

 

 

 

"Ahhhh I'm bored!"

 

Prince Eun shouted as he walked along the palace hall. He was bored because no one wanted to play with him. Everyone was busy with the rain ceremony.

 

Soondeok was following the small prince quietly. She hid herself at the palace pillars as the prince continued to walk away. 

 

"I want to play! I need to—Oh my gosh, you scared me!"

 

She appeared in front of the sulking prince. Her heart couldn't stop from beating so fast as she now faces her first love. "I-I..."

 

The prince raised his eyebrow and waited.

 

"I-I..."

 

"What?" The prince grumbled. "If you're not going to play with me, then don't bother!"

 

Soondeok's face lit up as she nodded and pointed outside. The prince followed the direction her finger was pointed at and he smiled as well.

 

 

 

"How long are we going to wait here?"

 

Soondeok looked at the prince with disbelief. This prince lacked patience and he's really childish. He bit his nails as he stared at the trap they made.

 

"Aish! I'm going home!"

 

The prince stood up and attempted to walk away when Soondeok pulled him down and gestured him to be quiet. The little sparrow was already inside the trap and Eun was about to pull the string when she stopped him.

 

 He gave her a stinky eye and she ignored it because she was focused on their entwined hands. She's feeling giddy. When it's the right time, she pulled the string and he jumped in joy. "I caught it!! See that? I caught it!!!" He was like a little boy running towards the trap.

 

Soondeok smiled happily and followed him. She squatted in front of the basket and looked at the excited prince. 

 

"Are we going to cook it?"

 

She nodded and took out the sparrow from the trap. He opened his palms to hold it but Soondeok broke it's neck. "How many should we catch after?"

 

 He gasped, "You murderer! How could you kill that cute thing?" He closed his eyes in disgust and she just stared at him. "Don't ever come to play again!" He stood up and stomped away.

 

Soondeok pouted as she looked down at the dead sparrow on her hands, "Did he want to eat it alive?"

 

 

 

"Is there anything wrong, Mrs. Byun?"

 

Hera blinked her eyes as she looked around and noticed that Baekhyun and the doctor was staring at her.

 

"Why are you sad, Hera? You should be happy!" Baekhyun held her hands, squeezing them in assurance.

 

She was confused. She didn't hear the doctor because of her flashback. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that. Could you please repeat, doctor?"

 

The doctor smiled, "It's okay. It's normal for new parents to accept and absorb the news. You, Mrs. Byun, is currently 9 weeks pregnant." 

 

Pregnant? Did she heard that right for the second time? That explained the wide grin of her husband.

 

"Congratulations!"

 

 

Hera was looking at the printed ultrasound copy of their first child. Her happiness couldn't be contained and she could already feel the life inside of her. 

 

Baekhyun's touch gained her attention. "Are you done staring at our soon to be baby? Give me some attention too." He pouted and hugged her close from the back.

 

"I just couldn't believe that we're now having our child." Hera sighed as she leaned back to his warmth. "It was just our dream before... remember?"

 

Baekhyun put his chin on her shoulder, "Yes. Decades ago when we were being chased by my brother, we dreamed about it at Damiwon." He dropped a kiss on her exposed skin. "Do you remember how many I wanted to be as my children?"

 

Hera smiled, "Wang Eun wanted two sons and two daughters. Why?" She faced her husband and waited for his answer.

 

"I still wanted what Eun said and I wouldn't have it any other way!" 

 

They both shared a kiss as they continue with another chapter of their lives. A new creation that will change their future—because it was destined to be that way from the start. 

 

 

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Note: Forgive me if there's a lot of errors. I'll check them next time. I made this epilogue because some of you wanted to have a special chapter :) It's also for the celebration of the 3k++ reads! Thank you, really. Love you baekhera shippers!!