Best Liar

Best Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Son, do you want to sleep over?” your mom asked Simon while she offered a glass of milk to him.

       “No mom, he’s busy. He’ll work today.” You glared at him and answered your mom’s question instead of he. He drank the milk quietly.

       “He’ll leave after lunch.” You threw yourself on the couch across where Simon sat.

        He mouthed ‘sorry’ to you but you turned away.

        This Saturday you and Simon already arrived at your parents’ house to drop your unused things because your apartment couldn’t accommodate them anymore. So you decided to put it on your parents’ house. But honestly, you and your three years boyfriend weren’t in a good term right now. You were sulking since yesterday when he accidentally lost your favorite book, he borrowed it to kill the time when he had tour but unfortunately the tour has ended and your book couldn’t be seen anywhere. He lost it. Completely lost it and that book is out of print which mean you couldn’t buy the new one. That’s why you’re sulking.

         “But why? I haven’t seen him for a long time. Just sleep here after you work, okay? I will cook your favorite meal.” Your mom stood and went to the kitchen.

         Your mom really loves him. It’s obviously because your mom is from Busan and so does your boyfriend, rapper Simon Dominic. If your mom and Simon meet, your mom will always use her Busan dialect whenever she talks to Simon. She would happily cook for him and pampered him more than you as her own child.

        You love being accompanied by Simon and having him sleep at your parents’ house. But not today. You were not in the mood doing lovey dovey things with him. You and Simon were in war battle now.

        Simon looked at you before responded your mom, “But mom—”

        “Eyyy, I don’t want hear any reason. Have a lunch first then work, and you can get back here.” Your mom strongly commanded him which is it would be Simon’s victory.

        “Yes, mom.” He answered and approached you. He sat beside you and poked your shoulder.

        “Are you okay?” he asked in low voice because he didn’t want your mom hear both of you.

        “I hate you.” You mumbled and kept looking at the floor, avoiding his eyes.

        “Sorry..” he said and wrapped his arms around you, “Just let me eat here and I will go back to my apartment. I can tell your mom that I’ll work until morning, we can meet after you calm down.”

        You didn’t say anything, but you leaned your head to his shoulder.

       Simon is really patient. And he feels guilty because he knows how much you love your books collection and he is the one who need to responsible.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter