I Promise

I Promise

Taeyong looked at you with tired eyes, and you knew instantly he hadn't slept in days probably. It made your heart ache a little knowing he was torturing himself like this; but he always did. He wasn't sleeping and he wasn't eating. The depression was really getting to him lately and you watched him practically die on the inside. "You should sleep, Taeyong." You said to him calmly, hoping your soothing voice would convince him. The male rubbed his hazy eyes and forced a half-smile. "I'm fine, I promise." 

Instantly you gave a slight pout knowing damn well he was lying to you. "Stop lying to me! Look at you, you look like death!" You whined as you cupped his face with your hands and pulled him closer. The forced smile was quickly fading. "I can't sleep and you know that." Taeyong's voice was heavy and drained. Your expression quickly darkened knowing he was correct. Of course, you could just give him some sleeping medicine but you didn't trust him with those type of things anymore. After the time he abused him you were scared he would try to take too many on purpose. 

Suddenly, a little light bulb popped up over your head. A thought came up in your head. "You know what always makes me pass out?" You asked with a cheeky grin. "What's that?" He answered quietly. "Alcohol!" Your tone was almost too excited. "You're going to get me drunk?" Taeyong let out a small laugh, much too exhausted to have a real one. "Yes, yes I am." And with that you quickly ran to the kitchen, grabbing your trusty bottle of rum and two shot glasses. With an almost childish smile you sat down in front of him with your new solution. "I'll drink with you, don't worry."

Quietly the tired boy nodded his head and grabbed a shot glass for you to pour the 'solution' into. After filling both of your small glasses, the first shot was done and many more to go. "Why do you even have rum anyway?" He laughed, with a little bit of a slur. You tapped your chin. "Ah! The Halloween party, but I'll just buy a new one." After about half an hour you both were 10 shots deep, definitely feeling the effects of alcohol. "Ah, I'm so tired now." You whined, leaning over onto Taeyong's shoulder. He lifted his hand up and petted your head, "Then sleep babe, I'm gonna drink a little more and then I'll join you." 

You quietly nodded before moving onto the bed and curling up like a little baby. Taeyong continued to drink more, until the bottle was nearly empty. Of course, you were long gone at the moment and didn't realize how much time had passed. After about an hour and a half of a deep snooze, you heard something odd. Your vision was blurry and your head felt like it was spinning but you tried your best to concentrate on the noise. It sounded like Taeyong was still awake. You rubbed your eyes and lazily sat up, trying to gain all of your senses. He was laughing? No, he was crying. 

As soon as you realized what the sound was you quickly stood up, nearly making yourself sick. "Taeyong..?" You called out in confusion. It sounded like it was coming from down the hall, so you stumbled your way in the direction of the sound. "Taeyong?" You called again before knocking on the bathroom door. There was no answer so you bit your lip and opened the door. As soon as you saw him, you could almost swear on your life that your heart had stopped. It took you a few seconds to comprehend what you were looking at. And just as quickly as your heart stopped, it started racing again. "Oh my god, Taeyong!" You yelped before rushing over to him on the bathroom floor.

Taeyong was sitting down, slumped over drunk with many slits up and down both of his arms. Immediately you felt sick. You could barely understand what was happening, not to mention you had been drinking. As you kneeled down to help him, you could smell the strong scent of alcohol radiating off of him. You knew he had drank way too much. Pulling his head up, you looked at his face. He was still conscious but a wreck. The boy's eyes were bright red and swollen, and he looked like he been beaten. There was no reply, he only swallowed hard and clenched his jaw. 

You looked down at his mutilated arms, trying not to let the tears swell up in your eyes. Taking a deep breath, you stood up again and rummaged through the medicine cabinet looking for gauze. Finally, you managed to find some and rushed back over to him. Fumbling through the boxes you opened the gauze and bandaged him as quickly as you could with your trembling hands. At this point there was blood all over the both of you and you could feel your throat start to burn. You pulled Taeyong into your chest and held him, letting a few tears slip from your bloodshot eyes. 

"I'm sorry." He said with a hoarse voice. You shook your head slightly and pulled him closer. It was nearly impossible to find any words. The shock was still settling in. This was not something you ever expected, and you had no idea what to do or say. "Just... promise me you'll never do something like this again." You finally replied, struggling not to choke. "I promise."