Typical Summer Day

Love & Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica could never deny that there was an underlying sweetness in all the bitterness and sourness of life.

"Oh my-! Sinb! Put a shirt on!"

"We're in our own estate, who's gonna see?"

"No one… So stop being such a little rascal and cover up…"

“Hey I’m not a rascal! That was Yoona unnie!”

“I don’t care! Just cover up!”

"If you can put it on me unnie then I will!"

She felt the corners of her lips twitch ever so lightly at the little scene playing out in the gardens.

Summer was unforgiving this year-round; even a light breeze would pass long enough to suppress the heat. These kinds of dog days were hot and stuffy, and there were very few activities that could actually be done to cool off.

There was very little to do inside the mansion, the public pools and beaches were a big no, their privately owned islands were too far to even consider an impromptu visit, and the pool within the proximity of their estate had been closed off after an accident happened.

Crossing those choices out, in turn, left everyone with no other option than to improvise and find other ways of cooling off while remaining entertained. And, right now, her active sources of entertainment were running around like the children that they have long since grown out of, tussling and struggling to cloth the rambunctious, little naughty girl that absolutely refused to don on a shirt or any form of upper body covering, in a garden full of life despite the merciless heat.

Leaning over the rails of the open-air balcony that overlooked the lush garden of the Kwon manor, she watched with rapt attention as their wrestling in the grass intensified, finding it hilarious that, even with the two of them, no one could seem to overpower her nearly a genetic copy of a daughter.

"Come here you little…"

“Unnie no!”

“Sinb!”

“I love you unnie!”

“Stop running will you!”

The little girl just shot her tongue out to her obviously frustrated unnie.

“I swear if ever I’d catch you, you are so gonna regret it!”

Jessica heard her second eldest say in between delighted squeals and laughter as she locked her arms around her younger sister’s neck. Long locks of raven hair so very similar to that of their father's began to sway aimlessly as the little girl began to thrash around in mock struggle to appease her big sister even more.

"I'm an ox! Hear me roar!" And roar she did. Hands up and moving in a clawing manner that made her look less like a terrifying beast and more of a silly kitten pawing at her older,

albeit much prim and proper, obviously beleaguered, sister.

"Wrong animal…"

The eldest among her children walks towards the rumbling two. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter