1/1

Jimin's Rain

Jimin disliked the rain. When one of his friend, Jungkook, said that he liked the rain so much, Jimin just didn’t understand. Rain had nothing to be valued of. Well, maybe for the plants and the trees outside. But for human? Jimin didn’t see any beneficial of it.

But, one day, Jimin found his own happiness in rain.

“Hyung,” Jungkook called. Jimin realized that he had been daydreaming for a while. “Hyung, what are you doing?”

“I wonder what’s for dinner today,” Jeonghan mumbled. “I hope it’s the creamy soup.”

Jungkook glared at him. “I wasn’t asking you, hyung.”

Jimin chuckled. It was just ten minutes to finish the school today. He also wondered about his own dinner. He liked his mum’s kimchi jiggae the best. Or cooked chicken. Or her stew? Basically Jimin liked all of his mum’s cooking. Ah, he missed his mum already.

And then the rain had fallen, followed by groaning sounds from the whole class, including Jimin. Rain meant they had to wait in the school until it really stopped, and who knows when the rain would stop? The only one smiled was Jungkook. There were sparkles in his eyes.

Jimin nudged Jeonghan’s elbow and made a gesture toward Jungkook. Jeonghan smiled suspiciously. They were about to interrogate Jungkook when he suddenly stood up and fled to the door. The school bell was already rank.

“What’s with Jungkook these days?” Jeonghan asked. “He asked that funny question yesterday; why he liked the rain so much?”

“I don’t know. Who the heck likes rain,” Jimin snorted.

“Are you going home now?”

“I don’t think so. I don’t want my shoes to be wet.”

Jeonghan smirked. “You hate the rain that much, do you? What happen?”

Jimin faked a smile. “It’s just the humid air and the wet soil all over Seoul. Besides, I don’t want to get wet.”

“Okay, then, I’ll be leaving,” Jeonghan picked up his backpack. “Seongcheol is waiting for me on the café next door, I must hurry—“

“Oooh, that hyung from B class?” Jimin grinned. “Good luck, then!”

When Jeonghan left, Jimin fell silent. The classroom was still noisy; most of the student didn’t left the school right away. They waited for the rain to stop, like Jimin. He saw his friends scribbled something on the board, they had made a large chess board on it. Everyone was joining them, but Jimin was not interested, though. He decided to leave the classroom and waited in the canteen instead.

He, somehow, had done a wrong choice. The school canteen was full with bored students, most of the seats were occupied. Jimin helped himself with a cup of hot chocolate and strolling around to find an empty seat.

Sadly, all the seats were taken. There was one, though, beside a group of loud girls, all giggling and whispering. Jimin didn’t want to sit beside them, obviously. He rather went back to his class and waited there until the rain stopped.

And he did that. He walked back, all along to his class. He didn’t enter, though. He stood up in front of the large glass window and sipped his hot chocolate. It would be more comfortable to drunk the chocolate inside his comfy room with headphones and a film on his laptop. Jimin sighed. He wanted to go home as soon as he could.

“Excuse me, can I ask you something?”

Jimin startled. A boy had just appeared out of nowhere. Jimin even didn’t hear the footsteps.

“I beg your pardon?”

“I said,” the boy looked annoyed. “Can I ask you something?”

“Um, well,” Jimin stared at him confusedly. “Sure?”

“Which suits better; the falling rain, or the crying cloud?”

Jimin was taken aback. He didn’t understand what this black haired boy wanted. What was ‘the falling rain’? Crying cloud? Jimin thought that was ridiculous.

Still, he chose the crying cloud because it sounded cuter.

“Okay, thank you!” The black haired boy showed a gummy smile. He had the perfect teeth for a toothpaste advertisement.

Jimin nodded. He watched the other boy scribbled down something on his brown notepad. He stood up beside Jimin for a while before he realised his action.

“Oh, can I stand here?”

“Of course. This is a public space, by the way,”

The black haired boy flashed a grin and went back to his notepad. Jimin tried to take a peek on his notepad, but he failed. The black haired boy seemed like in his own world. He jolted down a bunch of words in his notepad. Sometimes he tapped his fingers to the handle, his eyes closed and he hummed an unfamiliar tone.

They stayed like that until the rain stopped. Jimin’s hot chocolate was long finished. He sighed happily. One hour standing up was tiring. The other boy was still lost in his thought. Jimin said a quiet good bye before he left. He didn’t hear it, maybe.

The next day was raining too. But silently, Jimin looked forward to today’s rain. He wanted to meet that black haired boy once again. He was interested to what he wrote on his notepad. He had assumptions.

“Is Jungkook left early again?” Jeonghan asked. He tied his long hair into a ponytail when he talked. He got a long and smooth light brown hair. Every girl in the class envied his hair. He was the definition of hair goals.

“Yes,” Jimin pushed his books into his bag. “Don’t you have another date with Seongcheol hyung?”

“He is not your hyung, he is in the same age as you,”

“Whatever,” Jimin grinned. He was suspiciously in a good mood today. Jeonghan thought so too.

“What happen to you?”

“What?”

Jeonghan frowned. “No. Nevermind.”

Jimin just nodded. Jeonghan swung his hair once before he left his desk. “Goodbye, Jimin.”

This time, Jimin didn’t bother to buy hot chocolate in the canteen below. He just simply stood up in front of his class; leaning into the handle and spaced out. He saw a lot of student was playing in the rain.

“Oh, hi.”

Jimin’s face lit up as the voice walked near. He had hoped that the black haired boy would turn up here again, but he didn’t want to hold his hope high. It was just an accident, Jimin thought. There were a lot of different spot in his school, and why would that boy chose this place twice?

“H-hi.”

Jimin greeted the other boy clumsily. He didn’t want to be suspected as a creeper; but, still, he couldn’t repress his excitement. He noticed that the boy’s shoes were different today.

“I may be asking you weird questions again, like yesterday,” the black haired boy said. His usual gummy smiles was wide.

“O-okay,”

“By the way, my name is Yoongi. Min Yoongi. From 4-B”

Yoongi took out his hand. He got nice pale fingers, Jimin thought. He shook the elder’s hand.

“My name is Jimin.”

“Nice to meet you, Jimin.”

“Uh, nice to meet you too,” Jimin smiled, and he remembered that he was still in the second grade. “Ah, nice to meet you too, Hyung,”

“I don’t mind if you drop the honorific,” Yoongi said. He had opened his notepad already.

“No, it’s sounds nice in my mouth, though,”

Jimin gasped silently. In his mouth? Jimin mentally slapped himself. What was he thinking? Fortunately the elder was not paying much attention. Yoongi, once again, had fallen into his own world.

This time, Jimin paid attention to the human beside him. Yoongi was small. No, Jimin shook his head. His figure was slender, and small too, but very delicate. Not like Jimin himself. Everything about Yoongi felt cool and soothing in the same time. There was something that made his jet black hair was calming. Well, for Jimin.

O-okay, Jimin was already a creeper.

“Which one is better,” Yoongi suddenly said. “The glowing rainbow, or the red crimson of death?”

Jimin frowned. “Both are good,”

“Damn.”

They fell silent. Yoongi was back to his notepad again.

“Hyung,” Jimin said out of the blue. He didn’t know where he got his courage to ask the older.

“Yes?” Yoongi answered without looking up from his notepad.

“Do you like rain?”

This time Yoongi turned his glance to Jimin immediately. His black eyes glimmered. Jimin swore he could see stars. “I do,” Yoongi answered. “I like rain a lot.”

“Why?”

“It is calming. And I got a lot of inspiration when it is raining.”

“Inspiration for what?”

Yoongi smirked. “I write songs.”

They fell silent again. Jimin wanted to ask what song that he had written before, and was this one the new song? But he didn’t dare, and he fell silent instead. He ended up admiring the person next to him. He could stare at Yoongi like this forever.

“Jimin,”

“Y-yes?” The said Jimin surprised at the sudden call.

“Lonely shepherd or silent souls of mine?”

“Um,” Jimin tried hard to not laugh. “Isn’t it a bit too cliché?”

“You think?”

Jimin nodded. Yoongi muttered a small ‘damn’ again.

“Hyung?”

“Yes?”

“Will you write in your notepad again tomorrow?” Jimin cleared his throat. “I-I mean, in here?”

Yoongi smiled. He got a pair of pink lips that fit his pale cheeks so much.

“I like you,” Yoongi said, in a matter-of-fact tone. “So, why not?”

From now, Jimin also got something to look forward on when it was raining.