Scene 1: Meet My Lovely Injury-prone Friends

What I Wished
Please log in to read the full chapter

NOTE: Because I am lazy you don't get an intro. Sorry XD

 

“I need to wait for the right moment…

 

...wait…

 

...NOW!”

 

~ Changkyun, ‘Fighter’

 

    

   

I laughed, because I had nothing better to do. It was probably immoral to laugh at someone getting injured, but my sense of humor is twisted, and do I care what other people think?

 

No.

 

Right now, I was so hyped. The guy had just broken his nose. Blood was streaming out of it, resembling the laughter from my mouth. He should have known better, I thought, known better than to scare me. It was my natural reflex to attack when something happened that I hadn’t planned, which was rare and few. It came from my years in defending myself from people. Just people, in general.

 

The boy was glaring at me now, trying to stop his nose from bleeding over his mint green and white school uniform, but I could see that a few drops had already made it to his grey converse. Some trickled down his fists clenched around his nose. I could imagine a puddle of blood pooling from behind his hands, about ready to burst. I smiled apologetically, knowing that he couldn’t blame me. Besides, we were friends, right? He had known this was going to happen.

 

I walked a few steps to his hunched form and handed over my black sports jacket. He grimaced but took it hurriedly with one hand, letting a few drops of blood fly before he could cover his nose again.

 

“I… am SO going to kill you…” he managed, trying not to let any blood drip into his mouth. I just laughed harder as he started coughing on the blood dripping down his throat.

 

“Oh, come on, you knew that was coming for you.” He rolled his eyes.

 

“Yeah, but you’ve never done that to me before-”

 

“-It wasn’t necessary before, was it, Changkyun? Now you know better.” He fell silent after that. He hadn’t ever tried scaring me before, but others had. I could see my black jacket getting even darker in color, so I grabbed his arm and started dragging him to the nurse’s office before any blood got onto the floor.

 

“Idiot,” I mumbled. He glowered at me as I yanked the door to the nurse's office open. However, before I could step inside, another boy shoved both me and Changkyun out of the way and ran into the office where he froze and slowly turned around. His fluffy brown hair was askew from running, and he was slightly panting.

 

“Sorry, Seung Myeong…” he muttered out of breath. Changkyun moaned when he realized that the blood he had so carefully kept from reaching the floor was now splattered in splotches around the doorway and on the door, as well as on the new boy’s jacket.

 

“YAH, LEE MINHYUK!” the boy cringed when he heard me yell his name.

 

“Do you want a bloody nose too, or are you going to help clean up this mess you made?” Minhyuk grinned sheepishly before nodding and edging his way to the bathroom to get paper towels. He nearly made it through the door frame before I let go of Changkyun and grabbed Minhyuk's neck and throttled him harshly.

 

“You. Got. Blood. On. My. UNIFORM,” I said darkly, and shook him with each word. He gulped and looked to Changkyun for help, who shrugged and continued into the nurse’s office.

 

“Nooooo… ” Minhyuk murmured, “Don’t leave me here with her…” But Changkyun was already gone. I grinned evilly at him while he whimpered. He tried to escape my hands but I just kept him pinned against the doorframe.

 

“Listen carefully, Minhyuk. Because you are lucky enough to be considered my friend-” Minhyuk scoffed and I glared at him.

 

“I will let this go if you clean up this mess, right now.” He shivered and nodded furiously. I released him and he ran down the hallways to the nearest bathroom to collect paper towels, then tried not to laugh as I could imagine him struggling with the paper towel dispenser frustratedly. I sighed and followed Changkyun into the nurse’s office, where he sat on a bed, still holding my jacket to his nose. I walked over to him and pulled down the jacket a bit to see the extent of the damage. When I pulled it down, I was met by a blood-stained , knobby looking thing and I knew that the nose would have to be set in place. I looked Changkyun in the eyes.

 

“Alright, you are gonna have to look at me and don’t move, okay?” I knew that the nurse would probably be mad that I had done this instead of her, but I did it anyways. I grabbed Changkyun nose and snapped it back into place. Changkyun immediately recoiled and grabbed at his nose in pain, letting out a small whine before scowling at me with tears in his eyes.

 

“Aw, it’ll be okay, you big baby,” I said smiling sarcastically and he snorted, then immediately regretted it as it

Please log in to read the full chapter