Nope.

Nope.

 

Title: Nope.

Prompt: Idols/ Idolverse

 

-(November, 2016)-

 

 

“So, Park Jimin, as one of the nation’s top idols, what are your next goals after the successful conclusion of your first drama? Do you plan to begin an acting career alongside your music career?”


Jimin shifted in his seat and tilted his head slightly, bringing his right fist to rest under his chin in a thoughtful pose. “Well Miss Choi, I don’t exactly have any major projects in mind, other than touring of course.”


Choi Hana smiled and her famous violet eyes sparkled a bit at finally being addressed by her name, in a formal manner. It was nice, even if Jimin was older than her and didn’t need to be so polite. “I see, but as a popular man, you must have heard the rumors that your fans have all been whispering recently, causing quite the uproar.”


Jimin stilled and his eyes widened briefly before he cleared his throat and gave a nervous chuckle. “Ah, well, it’s has been hard not to notice…” He trailed off absently looking at the tips of his shiny loafers, a size too big because his manager wanted him to look less boyish and more ‘mature.’

‘Remember your lines…’ Jimin thought to himself, steeling his resolve before he looked back up at the ShowTime! hostess with a cute grin. “And as one caught up in the industry yourself, you must be aware that little rumors can often be exaggerated and sold as the truth to the naive public.”


Hana nodded along and sympathized with Jimin, but her attention was caught by a producer frantically waving at her from the sidelines, the cameramen focused on the composed idol. “GET TO THE POINT!” The man mouthed to Hana, making her change her demeanor and turn toward the idol with hidden intent in her eyes. “That may be so, however you must also be aware that rumors are based on truth, and that your fans are more than competent enough to decipher fact from fiction.”


Jimin froze and his eyes flitted to the sidelines, looking for his manager in the hopes that the man had another que card with the right answer written on it, but the tall man was nowhere in sight. “W-well, I-“


“And surely you wouldn’t hide anything from your beloved, faithful fans, right?” Hana asked, interrupting Jimin before he could stutter a response that didn’t make it seem as if he thought low of his fans. The hostess gave the idol a look that made him feel as if he were a mouse that was about to be eaten by a mischievous cat.


“Right.” Jimin nodded along frantically, making his pushed back hair fall forward and disrupt his put together image. Hana smiled and then asked the question that Jimin had been frantically trying to avoid for the past six months since his first drama premier.


Clearing politely, Hana leaned forward in her seat and met Jimin’s eyes head on. “Are you currently in a relationship with the co-star of your drama, Kim Namjoon?”

 

 

-(Six Months Ago, May 2016)-

 

 


“Yah! Park Jimin, get the up and get ready, we don’t have all day to wait around for your lazy !”


Jimin groaned at the loud voice and burrowed deeper into his blankets, trying to cover his ears in the vain hopes that his manager won’t use his melodic voice to make his morning unpleasant.


“You little !” The voice got louder and Jimin curled up in his blankets defensively, already grabbing onto them for dear life.


A harsh yank was implemented and Jimin yelped as he flew onto the floor along with the blankets. “OW! Hyung!” He whined, letting go of his comforter in favor of cradling his head in an effort to stop the dull pain from giving him a migraine.


“Tch. Stop whining, you deserve it for making me raise my voice so damn early in the day. I haven’t even had my coffee, you ungrateful .”
Jimin stopped whining when he was kicked in the ribs and forced to roll under the bed for protection. “That’s no excuse to abuse me hyung!” Jimin cried when the kicking finally stopped and he could wake up without having the breath knocked out of him in the process.


A frustrated growl was heard and some more curses were muttered before Jimin’s manager kneeled down to peek at the idol hiding under the bed. Jimin was met with the sight of warm brown eyes, a slim nose, sharp jawline, and plush lips. “Alright, hyung is sorry, will his dear Jimin, the light of his life, his one and only, his babe-


“Oh my god! You did not just say that!” Jimin exclaimed as he broke into a fit of giggles, it never suited his manger when he acted sweet.


The man ignored him, but there was an embarrassed flush on his face when he continued speaking in a louder tone, trying to drown out Jimin’s wheezy laughter. “-Please come out from under the bed?” The please was bit out and based on his expression, it seemed like it physically hurt for his hyung to say please for anything.


Jimin snickered and decided to be a brat. “Okay, but I get to call you Jin-ah all day.”


Jin’s flush spread and his pretty lips ripped into a viscous snarl. “ no, now get up, we have to do today.”


Jimin laughed again, but when Jin shot him a glare, he shuffled out from under the bed and rushed to get ready for the day.

 

 

-0-

 

 

Jimin fidgeted in place as he waited for his manager in the waiting room of some building that he didn’t know the purpose of. At first glance at the tall windows, many floors, crystal chandelier, and the damn fountain in the lobby, Jimin would have guessed he was in the building of a rich CEO who didn’t understand interior decorating. It also could have passed as a law firm, but Jimin was sure that he didn’t do anything illegal recently.


And it’s not as if Big Hit would have bothered to do a thorough background check on me, right?’ Jimin thought to himself, sincerely hoping that they wouldn’t fire him because of that one time in grade school when he stole candy, or that one time he got drunk in high school and streaked a football game and got arrested and tackled by some fat mall cop-


“Hey, are you lost kid?” A deep voice broke Jimin out of his musings and the idol frowned.


“Yah, what’d you call me, you bastard-“ Jimin began, irked that he would be mistaken for a kid of all things. But, when he looked up, the words fell flat and Jimin forgot what he was going to say, because holy -


“Bastard? Isn’t that a bit much for a simple mistake?” The man speaking was handsome, his eyes were dark and unreadable, the irises melting into the black pupils and making Jimin lose all coherent thought. The idol’s traitorous eyes moved of their own accord and Jimin took in more of his features from his slim nose, to his pink lips, curled up at the edges in amusement. To make things worse (or better) the man had dimples, highlighted by the self-satisfied smirk he wore when he noticed Jimin staring.


“Cat got your tongue?” The man asked, flicking long black fringe out of his face. His expression never lost its smirk and Jimin was starting to feel as if the man were born looking like the cat that got the canary.


“W-well-“ Jimin cleared his throat and wished for some water, his voice was cracking a bit and he was sure that he was flushing a tomato red in embarrassment. “Well, if you were polite enough to keep you rude comments to yourself, I wouldn’t have responded with an insult of my own.”Jimin defiantly met the handsome stranger’s eyes as he got over his initial surprise and began to remember that the man standing before him was an irritating bastard. Even if he was tall, and lean, with some muscle highlighted by his tailored suit.

Damn, where does he work out?’ Jimin thought with slight envy, the idol wanted to be a bit like others in the entertainment industry, slim and lightly defined with perfectly toned muscles. Unfortunately, Jimin got stuck with the short end of the gene pool, with his small stature and stockier, more muscular build. 

The man’s smirk widened and the dimples in his cheeks grew deeper as he eyed Jimin and mulled over his words. “Huh, you do have a point there however, you aren’t one to talk about manners. Do you always make it a point to stare so rudely, or am I an exception?”


Jimin flushed a darker red and his eyebrow twitched in irritation. “You must think that you’re God’s gift to man, don’t you?” Jimin asked with a huff as he stood up and began to make his way away from the man with the dark eyes and dimples that did strange things to his heart.


The man began laughing, deep and throaty and Jimin found himself flushing again as he made his way into the lobby elevator, hoping to catch up to his manager so that he could leave.


Unfortunately, the elevator gave a sharp ping and the doors slid open before Jimin, leaving him staring blankly at the face of his suspiciously ecstatic manager.


Jin blinked in surprise at Jimin, but the man was apparently in such a good mood that he didn’t bother scolding the younger man for not sitting down and waiting for him, like he specifically told him to. Instead, Jin broke out into a blindingly beautiful smile and strode out of the elevator toward the now scared idol.


“Ah, here he is!” Jin exclaimed with the large smile still stretched over his handsome face. “Mr. Lee, this is Park Jimin, our company’s newest addition.”


Mr. Lee looked like an overgrown kid, with his cheerful eyes (despite the dark eye bags) and unrestrained, easygoing aura. Not to mention that he dressed like a popular teen in a drama and had hair dyed a bright white that made him look suspiciously like a panda. “Ah, Jin-ah, you can call me Seungri! After all, we will be working together for the next half year!” The man exclaimed, his shock of white hair making Jimin wonder why Jin was bringing out the big guns, A.K.A his smile, and up to him.


Jin’s smile widened and Jimin was genuinely scared that his usually cranky manager had been replaced with an android sent by SM with the intent to assassinate Jimin or make him lose his mind. ‘Wait, Jin hyung already tries to do both on a daily basis…


“So you have decided to give Jimin the part?” Jin asked, his expression still excited, but he was trying to subdue himself a bit.


Seungri nodded and extended his hand for Jin to shake. “Yes! He’ll be working alongside Namjoon in my latest project.” Jin heartily shook Seungri’s hand and he even allowed the shorter male to sling an arm around his shoulder and pull him closer, walking in the direction Jimin had just come from.


Oh, Namjoon~!” Seungri called in a sing song tone as Jimin gaped at his manager and decided that the man was an android sent to kill him. The entire conversation between his manager and the strange man flew in one ear and out the other, that is, until a familiar voice rumbled out a response to the flamboyant Seungri.


“Yes, Sajang-nim?” The velvety smooth tone had lost its earlier smugness, but Jimin knew that when he turned around, he’d be met with the sight of the smirking dark haired stranger who was bothering him earlier.


Seungri gestured for the taller male (seriously, was everyone except for Jimin taller than him?), Namjoon, to come closer. “Meet Kim Seokjin, and-” Seungri turned around and gestured to Jimin with his arm still slung over Jin, who was trying to bow in greeting to Namjoon. “-Park Jimin. For the next six months, we’ll be working on the new mini-drama I wrote when JiHyun came to visit last week.”


Namjoon met Jimin’s eyes and the idol bristled at the spark of amusement held in those black orbs. “Ah, Sajang-Nim, you know that Jiyong hyung and Seunghyun hyung have asked you on more than one occasion to stop calling them that.”


Seungri finally let go of Jin, much to the manager’s relief, and waved off Namjoon’s slight warning. “Aish, those two, I wouldn’t call them that if they weren’t always sneaking off into the bathroom to-“


“Alright, I think that we have taken enough of your time,” Jin interrupted, a small flush making its way onto his face, obviously he knew where the story was heading. “Jimin, let’s go.” The manager said, before turning back to Seungri and Namjoon. “Ah, it was nice meeting you two; I hope we work well together.”


With that, jin walked off and Jimin rushed to keep up, the idol cursing his short legs. But, when Jimin passed by Namjoon, the man grasped his wrist and leaned close to whisper into his ear, his lips softly brushing against the sensitive skin and making Jimin shiver. “I look forward to working with you, Jimin.”


Namjoon then let go of Jimin and walked away, leaving the young idol’s skin tingling from where he touched him.

 

 

-(June 2016, 1st Filming)-

 

 

“Geum Jun-Seok!” A man called out, his dark hair parted in the middle and falling in soft, short waves across his handsome face. Light from the classroom window fell in rays across his eyes and reflected in his glasses for a moment before he reached up with a slim hand and adjusted the lenses.


The called student straightened at his desk and looked at his teacher in faux attentiveness. “You called?” He asked in a nonchalant-


“CUT!” Seungri shouted, drawing a sigh from Namjoon and an embarrassed flush from Jimin, who broke his character and squeaked out a quick apology.

The white haired director, despite his earlier playfulness and his usually cheerful nature, was a ruthless shark when it came to work. And it seemed that Jimin was the perfect candidate for his sharp tongue, having little to no experience acting at all.


“Jimin, this is the fifth time we had to stop for you.” Seungri said, his disappointed eyes cutting into the idol. Jimin looked down and willed away the frustration in himself away and tried to focus on what he did wrong, he followed the script, didn’t he?


Seungri heaved a great sigh as he rubbed his eyes and ruffled his hair in agitation. “All right, everyone take a five minute break!” He shouted out. When everyone began to disperse, he spared Jimin one last glance before he turned back and followed the rest of the staff off the set.


‘What did I do wrong?’ Jimin thought as he walked off the classroom set and sat by the wall at the edge of the room, pulling out the script from the stuff his manager had brought for him.


Jimin had been a bit intimidated by the script, though Jin told him that it was small compared to the other dramas and movies that Seungri wrote and directed. The storyline wasn’t exactly to his liking, with a typical delinquent student, Geum Jun-Seok, making trouble in and out of school while his kind hearted teacher, Na Joon-Tae, tried to help him. Along the way, Jun-Seok gets into trouble with the Jjang of another school, resulting in a brawl that puts him in the hospital. But, his teacher Joon-Tae visits every day and forces the student to learn everything that he was missing in school. They eventually get close and some other stuff happens that is essential to the plot, but Jimin was only given the first part of the script, something that Seungri insisted on to ‘keep the actors from getting bored.’


Of course, Namjoon was cast as the teacher and Jimin was cast as the delinquent. The problem was, Jimin had never been one to get into trouble, and aside from occasionally doing stupid things every now and then, he was generally a good student with a slightly above the standard grade average.


Jimin flipped through the script and he soon grew frustrated when the words began to blend into a long line of ink. “Aish! Why didn’t I listen to Taehyung and ditch every other day!? This would have been so much easier then.”


“Is that what you think?” A deep voice asked, and Jimin jumped in surprise. He quickly looked up, only to see Namjoon staring down at him with an unreadable expression on his face. The older male still had on his thick framed glasses and even with his tweed suit vest and cream colored shirt, Namjoon still managed to look like a star. Maybe it had something to do with the fading piercings in his ears and the way his shirt was slightly ed at the top, leaving his tie to hang down in a perfectly disheveled way. But Jimin knew that it was more likely due to the way Namjoon held himself, with his shoulders squared back and his movements firm and sure. He was confident in his acting and his skill, so much so that Jimin could see remnants of it in his Na Joon-Tae character, even if all he had to do in the scene was call Jimin’s character and stand up.


“Acting is more than what you have experienced in life. It’s dependent on your imagination and ability to apply what you do know to an unknown situation.” Namjoon continued, oblivious to Jimin’s thoughts. The taller man sat on Jimin’s right and leaned into his space to point the page that Jimin was stuck on, the first scene written in bold black ink on the stark white paper.


“You see, this line ‘You called,’ is not supposed to be read as if you were presenting some school project in front of an entire classroom of people.” Jimin tried hard not to be even slightly offended at that. “In short, you rush your words and your tone is flat.” Namjoon paused and looked at Jimin with a raised brow. “Did you even bother to practice?”


Jimin squawked indignantly and used the script to smack Namjoon in the head. “Of course I practiced, you ! And I thought that you were going to help me, not make fun of me!”


Namjoon caught Jimin’s wrist before he could land a hit and the veteran actor plucked the script from his hands. Jimin tried very hard not to notice Namjoon’s close proximity and the strength and size of his hands compared to his thin wrist. “Well, aren’t you self-centered? I never said that I would help you.” Namjoon said, his tone infuriating and his smirk teasing.


Jimin’s brow twitched in irritation and he threw his previous thoughts out of a window and ran over them with a dump truck. The man knew how to completely annoy Jimin every single time he opened his mouth.


“Yah! Who asked for your help anyway!?” Jimin shouted, yanking his wrist out of Namjoon’s grasp. Namjoon raised a brow at Jimin again, but the young idol crossed his arms and resolutely turned around, even if he had t face the wall, it was better than staring at Namjoon and his y stupid smirk.


Namjoon laughed at Jimin and used the script to swat him on the head, making the smaller male squeak in surprise and whirl around with an indignant pout on his plush lips. “Hey brat, if you stopped sulking in the corner for a few moments, I could spare you a moment of my precious time to pass on my divine wisdom.”


Jimin uncrossed his arms and turned to face Namjoon again. “Really?” He asked in a hopeful tone, he may not like Namjoon, but he couldn’t deny that his acting was pretty damn good.


Namjoon nodded and he couldn’t help but ruffle Jimin’s hair just to see that angry flush spread down from his soft cheeks to the smooth expanse of his neck, almost reaching his collarbones. Jimin swatted his hands away from his previously artful hairstyle with a cute huff and Namjoon smirked as he put a hand under Jimin’s chin and lifted it gently to make the idol look up at him with large, curious eyes. “Yes, I’ll help you, but I will do it for a…price.”

.


-(November 2016, Present)-

 

 

Jimin shuffled his hands and coughed in discomfort. “Ah, well…”


Hana leaned in closer to Jimin in her seat, her eyes practically setting Jimin on fire with the amount of curiosity held within them. “Well…?” She repeated, anticipating the answer far more than she probably should.


Jimin shifted in his seat and pushed his fallen bangs out of his eyes. He thought of dark, dark brown eyes and a dimpled smirk before he puffed his now flushed cheeks indignantly and answered the question that he knew everyone was curious about.


No comment.”