Three

Keep Running

Hello there! Here is chapter three! I made a slight change to Jungsuk's age. I just deducted 1 year from his original age so instead of being 16, he's 15. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(After school, heading home in the car.)

Jungsuk's POV

With the radio blasting in my ear and jungkook singing out loud, I couldn't help but get annoyed by the constant noise. Trying to at least block out the sound of Jungkook's singing, I put in my headphones and don't play anything hoping it will cancel something out. But of course, That doesn't work. (I'm not sure why I thought it would...) His voice just pierces through like a scalpel cutting someone's skin; making me want to smother him with a pillow in hopes that he'll shut up.  But since I can't do that (legally), I decide to play few slow songs just until the car rides over with. With the OST "Forgetting you" playing in my ear, I rest my head against the window watching houses pass us by. We're in the middle of Autumn so all of the leaves on the trees have fallen and are a beautiful brown, yellow, and orange. Aside from the beauty of the season, the weather is just perfect. It's breezy and a cool 77 degrees ( Fahrenheit ). As we continue home,  the speed of the car creates wind that picks up the leaves that have fallen on the sidewalk and side of the street and blows them around causing them to dance around in swirls. I continue to watch the leaves blow around and take shape with the wind until they finally settle to the ground once more. 

I look ahead to see where the next pile of leaves lie and to my enjoyment, I see a big pile of leaves coming up in ....
3
2
1
The leaves fly everywhere blowing in every direction. I sit there watching in awe. Seeing them swirl around puts a smile on my face. I watch as they slowly settle to the ground. 

All except some.....

I see some leaves just stop falling; almost as if they were put on pause. But what scares me the most isn't the fact that they stopped (don't get me wrong, it scared the out of me), but when they stopped, the took the shape of something. Almost like the shape of a person. I jerk up in my seat, sitting up the straightest I've ever sat in my life. I feel my breathing get heavier and heavier. I yank the earbuds out of my ear and I know for a fact that the radio is still blasting music and Jungkook is still singing but I can't hear any of it. The rush of confusion, fear, and the wanting to know what I just saw causes the bottom of my feet to get cold. Looking down at the floor of the car trying to avoid looking up and seeing what lies outside. I faintly hear Jungsung call my name. I quickly lift my head up only to see his eyes staring dead into mine through the rear view mirror. 

"Jungsuk-ah, what's wrong" he says in a voice that just screams concern. Not knowing what to say, or not being able to say anything at all, I just stare back at him. Jungkook turns around in his seat to face me. "Jungsuk-ah, are you ok? What happened to you?" Still not knowing what to say, I just stare at him. "Oi! Why are you crying kid?" In all my 15 years of life, I've never seen his face look so worried. 

"C-crying..?" I raise my hand to touch the side of eye and I felt tears running down my face. I didn't even realize it. I look back up at him too stunned for words to formulate so all I said was
"..uh..u-uhm...I.ah.." ....I'm pretty sure that wasn't even Korean. Or any other language for that matter.... But I managed to get a few fragments out "y-you, you didn't see? You didn't see it? There. It was there. Hyung. It was there." With Jungsung pulling into the apartment complex, Jungkook slowly turns back around in his seat. I'm guessing he's not done with questioning me. Neither is Jungsung.

We enter the apartment with me trailing behind. Dad is home yet. He's still at work which gives them a whole lot of time to question me. Usually I dread times like this when dad's not home because their both free to bully me and do what they want. Play loud music, invite friends, Jungkook brings his mistresses over. But this time is different. Their is so much tension in the room that I feel like hiding in a corner. Unfortunately, I can't do that because both of them are watching me like vultures watching something die.... Not the best analogy in the world but you get  it. 

I sit down by the table still a little shaken but for the most part I'm fine. I see Jungsung come over 
And hand me a can of  soda. He pops his and takes a long sip then takes the seat next to me. I look down at the can in my hand not really wanting it but not wanting to put it away, so I just swirl my finger around the ring of the can. 

"What's wrong?"
"Huh? W-what do you mean?
"What do you think?! You think whispering 'did you see that?' Is normal? I sure as hell don't think it is. In fact I think there is something seriously wrong with you kid. So are you going to tell me what's wrong or am I going to have to beat it out of you?!" Just then, Jungkook placed his hand on jungsung's shoulder to calm him down. Jungsung quickly looked up at Jungkook with a face full of rage almost like he wanted to hit him. Jungkook just glances at him and shakes his head then looks back up at me. 
"What happened back there?"
"I don't even know !" I say in defense.
"Then explain it so it makes senses! You keep saying you don't know. When will you know?!..... Does this have to do with what happened in the bathroom?" Jungsung looks up at him then looks back at me. 
"What happened in the bathroom?"
"He won't tell me." Jungkook replies swiftly. 
"I-it's nothing." I say quietly
"See! There he goes again!" Jungkook exclaims.
Jungsung sighs and uses his thumb and pointer finger to pinch the bridge of his nose then looks up at me. "Fine. If you don't want to tell us, that's your problem. But if things go south for you, don't come crying to either one of us." He gets up and begins to walk into the bedroom but before he opens the door, he slightly turns his head just so half of it is facing me. "You've always been a problem. I just hope whatever is bothering you isn't serious." Then he continues on into the bedroom.

And with that, I sit there quietly thinking about what happened. Jungsung stayed in the bedroom and jungkook stayed in the kitchen. Not one of us spoke to each other until dad came home and even then, we only spoke when we had to. It was a quiet night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait!!! School so I haven't had time off🙃 Either way, I just wanted to update before the holidays☺️🎄☃❄️ I hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to comment and vote plz!!!