Late Night Visits

I Never Told You

The air was silent that night as Moonbyul and Whee In sat in the living room of their apartment scrolling through their phones. 

"MooMoos are such angels. They're all so worried." Moonbyul said from the single couch she was sitting on. 

"Yeah." Whee In said. She was sat on the long sofa adjacent to the one Moonbyul was on. After a while, she sighed loudly. "Yong Sun unnie has finally posted it." 

"They're going crazy in the fancafe." Moonbyul stated. 

The two spent more time scrolling through the fancafe threads and messages before deciding to put aside their phones. Moonbyul burried her head in her hands as she recalled the day's event. Thank God nothing serious happened. Whee In walked over to her and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. 

"Unnie, how are you feeling?" She asked, worry filling her brown eyes. 

"I'm okay." Moonbyul said as she looked up to Whee In and gave her a small smile. It seemed like Moonbyul had injured herself during the minor accident they were in just hours before. The members were worried about her condition. "I just need a bit of rest is all. I'll be okay in no time."

Suddenly there was a ring on their security intercom video. Whee In went to check it.

"Oh..?" she let out a surprised sound.

"Why? Who is it?" Moonbyul asked as she started to carefully get up. Whee In smirked to herself and granted access to the visitor.

The doorbell rang minutes later and Moonbyul answered it. Her eyes grew wide when she saw Minhyuk standing before her- slightly panting. She was about to open to greet him but was cut off by his sudden action of gently grabbing her arm and kissing her forehead. 

"Kwenchana?" He asked. Moonbyul blushed furiously as she registered what just happened. She looked at him and saw the worry in his eyes and put a hand on his chest to calm him down.

"Nae." She smiled assuringly. "I'm fine." He gave her an are-you-sure look to which she nodded again. 

"I got hurt a bit but it's nothing serious, we're all having full checkups tomorrow." She said. Then, she led him to the living room where Whee In was. 

Upon seeing Minhyuk, Whee In immediately stood up to greet him but again she too was stopped by his sudden actions of pulling her into a gentle bear hug. Whee In was caught off guard but hugged him back anyway. Gosh, he must have been so worried, Whee In thought.

"Whee In ssi kwenchana?" He asked while hugging her. Whee In patted his back a few times before pulling away from him and giving him her million dollar smile. 

"Nae. Thank you for asking." She said bowing slightly. He looked just as worried as to when he asked Moonbyul if she was fine. Whee In smiled kindly at him. "I didn't get injured or anything. Don't worry about me. I'm fine. Really." 

He nodded a bit relieved that she was fine. After a few seconds though, worry filled his body all over again. "Yongsun and Hyejin are they-" he started. Whee In nodded rapidly cutting him off.

"They're fine." Moonbyul said as she put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "We're all fine."

"Nae." He said quietly. He felt a gentle tug on his arm as Moonbyul led him to the sofa. 

Whee In decided that perhaps he needed some water to calm himself down as she went to the kitchen to grab him a glass. As she returned, she saw that he was talking very softly to Moonbyul, asking if she was truly alright. His eyes never leaving her. Whee In's eyes softened as she took in the scene before her. When Moonbyul first told her that Minhyuk had asked her out, she was a bit worried. She wasn't sure if it was the right time for any of them to date. But knowing her older groupmate well, she highly doubted that Moonbyul hadn't thought of all the possible concerns before agreeing to go out with him. Their relationship was pretty under wraps, at times it felt as if they weren't even in a relationship if Whee In was being completely frank. 

She knew they would sometimes call each other when they had time to spare and goodnight/rest well texts were a constant. But it was never the lovey dovey type of thing. And whenever they are at the same venue together or anything like that- their interactions are usually just friendly. Whee In knew they didn't want their relationship to be exposed- so that's why they're careful around each other in public but they keep it hidden so well that she forgets sometimes. But today, today was a different story. She saw how worried he was of the day's events. She knew he must have been exhausted from BTOB's schedule and that he should be home resting. But yet, here he is- making sure they were alright. 

"Kamsahamnida." Minhyuk said as Whee In handed him the glass of water. She smiled at him and took a seat on the single couch. The three talked about what exactly happened that day and explained the changes in their schedules and setlists due to the incident. After a while of chatting, Whee In stood up and got ready to give them some privacy. 

"It's been a long day and I'm sure the both of you want to talk." She gave a gentle smile. "So, I think I'm going to head to bed."

"Nae." Minhyuk said as he got up from his seat and bid her good night. Whee In bowed politely at him and thanked him for coming over before heading to her room. He re-joined Moonbyul on the couch as Whee In entered her room.

"I think you shocked her by hugging her." Moonbyul as she nudged his shoulder before leaning her head on it. He chuckled. 

"I did? I was just so worried about all of you." He replied. His hand found hers and gave it a gentle squeeze, "Are you sure you're ok?" 

"Thank you for caring. I am. We all are." she said softly as she lifted her head and looked deep into his eyes.

"Good." He said shakily as he turned his head to the coffee table. She noticed he was a bit up tight today, she knew it wasn't just the accident that was bothering him. She squeezed his hand to regain his attention.

"Is everything alright?" She asked with a small and kind smile on her lips.

"Nae." He nodded. Moonbyul raised her eyebrows slightly at him and watched as he sighed before looking at their joined hands.

He was so worried when he heard they were involved in an accident. At the time, he didn't know if it was a minor or a major accident but it didn't matter to him. He realised how precious life is and he realised how short it can be. It also hit him that he might not get to see tomorrow- or that he might not get another moment with her. He decided to cherish and live every moment to the fullest. He looked back up to her and met her gorgeous eyes. Even on his darkest days, those eyes could make everything better.

"I've been thinking a lot these past few hours.." he started. She nodded for him to continue. "I realised that I've never told you how I feel everytime you look at me or when I hear your voice on the radio or when I see or hear your name- and I realised that I might not have the chance to if I don't make the most of the present because we'd never know what the future holds.. I realise now that I might not get another chance to.." he paused and looked to the coffee table again. 

Moonbyul watched as he took a deep breath in before letting it out. She also noticed how firm his hand held hers. He must have been so worried when he heard of the accident to a point where he thought he wouldn't see her again. She then knew whatever he was going to say couldn't have been easy for him to let out. She could feel his heartbeat through his palm and she realised that her heart was beating just as fast. When he looked back up to her, she held her breath as he stared deep into her eyes. 

"What I'm trying to say is.." he started before bringing his free hand up to her cheek gently. "I'm so in love with you, Moon Byul Yi." He confessed just above a whisper.

Moonbyul swears that her heart stopped upon hearing his confession. She stared at him, wide eyed with slightly parted as she tried to register what he said. Minhyu on the other hand felt as if he was being too forward and too soon with his confession. The last thing he wanted was to make her feel uncomfortable. He sighed, taking the silence as her gentle rejection and made an attempt to release her hand but to his surprise she held it tighter. He met her eyes once again and saw it was shining now.

"I .. I'm so in love with you too." She said shyly smiling up to him. 

"Really?" He asked warily. 

"Really." She assured him with an adorable smile.

His former worried and nervous expression turned into a smile of relief before turning into a grin. He grabbed her other hand in his and touched his forehead against hers.

"You have no idea how much you mean to me." He whispered softly. "Just thought of losing you made-"

"Shh." Moonbyul cut him off by placing one finger on his lips before sliding her hand down to her chest. "I'm right here. You won't lose me." She whispered.

Minhyuk took a breath before leaning in to give her a sweet kiss. It was their first kiss despite being in a relationship for a while now. As they pulled away, Minhyuk gave her a smile as she looked down shyly- her cheeks burning up. 

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that." He said her cheek with his thumb causing her to turn and even darker shade of red if that was possible. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." She replied, burrying her head in his neck as he wrapped his arms gently around her.

They stayed like that for a long time before pulling away. As it was getting late, Minhyuk decided to head back home. He promised to text her once he got back safely and she promised to keep him updated on her checkup tomorrow. He gave her a kiss good night before heading off. She sighed happily and got ready for bed. She sat on her bed reminiscing the day's event while waiting for his text. Once she knew he was safely home, she tucked herself into bed and drifted off to sleep.