All Of The Stars

All Of The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2016 - March 9th

The girl rested her arms on the rails of the bridge. She could hear the the wind singing in her ears, the trees rustling in the grass. She could hear the sloshing of the water in the lake, the millions of insects chirping in the wild. She lifted her head high, staring contemplatively at the night sky. The stars glimmered and sparkled, almost as if they were laughing at her.

The sky was particularly beautiful tonight. Maybe it was because the sky was clear. Maybe it was because she simply needed them a bit more than the other times she visited this bridge. Letting out a soft sigh, she climbed onto the edge of the bridge and sat down, crossing her legs.

There, she thought about all of the things that happened in the past months. Names flashed in her mind. Tiffany. Seohyun. Yoona. Before she could think of anything else, a shooting star shot across the sky. She stared at the winged beauty in fascination. At the last second, she closed her eyes and clasped her hands together. At that moment, there was only one name that rang clear in her mind.

… Baekhyun

She wondered if he was looking at the night sky as well. She wondered if he was making out the constellations, imagining new creatures through tracing the stars. She wondered if he was thinking about her. Then she realized he was in England, and couldn’t possibly see the stars. She chuckled to herself.

The silence was broken by the light ringing of her phone. A tiny grin spread over the girl’s face. Her breathing suddenly got quicker, her heartbeat a lot faster. She realized she was trembling.
“Hey.” he said.

Tears started to well up in the girl’s eyes. She giggled.

“…hey.”

“How… are you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter