Just For One Night

Just For One Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, guys, I know I have two fics that I have not been updating in a while, but school has been a biatch and I haven't gotten to working on my other babies.  BTS comeback, however, has me losing my mind. I feel like a proud mother and I just had to let my too much feels out. So, I hope that this short one-shot will suffice for now until I can update again. Also, a shout out to my darling beta, Livelydinosaurrawr (Jacks) http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/1053472 <-- check out her stories, I swear she writes better than me^_^

They say that athletic guys are the wildest; that they can blow your mind away and make every moment you spend with them one to remember.

That was at least what Taehyung had thought when he’d started seeing Cheol, a baseball player he’d met while clubbing with his two knucklehead roommates Hoseok and Jimin.

Cheol was a nice guy; he was smart – a total contradictory to the athletes-are-only-muscles- and-no- brains stereotype and he was funny.

He also didn’t lack anything in the looks department; his body was as expected from most athletes, rock hard muscles, possessed a handsome—well not enough to rival Taehyung’s own, but if anyone were to look at them, they’d tell you that the two looked great together—the perfect couple indeed.

It’s to say Cheol was good to him; he was caring, sweet and patient. Just not Taehyung’s type – why it had almost taken him two months to realize this, he didn’t know. Maybe it had been his exaggerated muscles that had kicked out any doubts the blonde might have had or it was the fact that Taehyung didn’t want to end up being single again.

But Taehyung was not one of those people that were afraid of being single. On the contrary, he enjoyed his single life; he rarely jumped into relationships, and if he dated anyone then it was after a lot of consideration and a full night of being blunt because he made most of his important life decisions in wonderland. ( Like that one time when he was applying for his major and had to choose between Bio and Chemistry and he ended up choosing both, yep definitely wasn’t his best decision, but that’s how he was, he never learned from his mistakes.)

And this time, it seemed to be the same thing; for once, he’d wanted to jump into something uncalculated before his school years ended. Jimin and Hoseok had been winging it all these years and they turned out okay, so he figured no harm would come out of him getting out of his comfort zone.

Truthfully, he’d only intended on hooking up with Cheol once, maybe a few times, because the guy didn’t live in Seoul, meaning he’d be going back to camp or wherever it was baseball players practiced for their upcoming games. But Cheol had gotten it into his head that they were dating, and Taehyung hadn’t seen the need to correct the guy since they only saw each other on the weekends or during video calls. He didn’t feel the pressure of actually dating the guy.

That was until recently.

Cheol was in love with him, or in love with who he thought Taehyung was and that made the blonde uncomfortable. He was not afraid of the athlete seeing the real him, but he didn’t want to ruin the image the other had created of him. Although being the older one of the two, Cheol saw the world with childlike eyes and Taehyung didn’t want to be the one to tell him that he was not the funny, nice, hot guy he’d met in the club; that he was not the type to hang out with his buddies and their girlfriends and listen to them talk about dieting or fitness- that he did not give a damn about who of his teammates have eaten on the pitch while running.

He was also not the type to respond to texts or messages right away; he’d receive them, see them, maybe open and even read them, but choose to answer later when he felt like it. He was not stuck to his phone twenty-four-seven like Cheol was.

But most of all, he hated the athlete’s aftershave; it smelt of detergent and it stung the insides of his nose every time Cheol was near him and Taehyung wanted nothing but to punch the guy. He’d even tried to persuade him to grow a beard – better ugly facial hair than that smell- but the bastard had refused, saying his skin was sensitive and .

So, he did what any good partner would do; he’d thrown away Cheol’s aftershave—literally tossed it out of the car while the athlete was asleep, on their weekend trip to Taejongdae and Taehyung had coincidentally had a spare one in his backpack that smelt more earthy and soothing, not antiseptic like Cheol’s old one. Not surprising at all, Cheol had liked the new aftershave than his old one, and he had gotten Taehyung an expensive wrist watch to thank him, but Taehyung didn’t wear watches.

Still, he concluded that the aftershave made up for it and the blonde had started to like Cheol again and the was also good. The guy might be dense—maybe wasn’t as smart as Taehyung wished him to be—but he knew his way in the bedroom, though it wasn’t enough. Something was missing and it just didn’t feel right. Hence, why the blonde was planning on waiting for this weekend to pass and then end things on good terms.

It wasn’t like they’d been serious or anything- at least not to Taehyung. And if Cheol had thought so, then sorry, mate. Cheol was a good looking guy and Taehyung was sure he’d find someone new within days. He liked pretty faces, so it shouldn’t be too hard.

That’s why Taehyung was giving him space to get to know other people at the party and have fun tonight. The blonde also hoped for the athlete to meet someone, who he’d hit it up with and stay in contact. Taehyung knew that he sounded selfish, but this would make it so much easier for him when he ends things with Cheol. What solaced him so far was the fact that the athlete hadn’t given their relationship a title yet, so maybe he wasn’t as deeply invested into their some relationship as the blonde thought.

“One more day,” he muttered to himself exhaling smoke from his mouth and then took a sip from his Smirnoff Ice and placed it on the bedside table next to the bed he was currently sitting on.

And why was he alone in a room in some guy’s home when he was with someone? One would think he was hiding away. Okay, so maybe he was hiding from Cheol and everyone else. He just didn’t feel like playing his boyfriend at the moment. In fact, he rather go home and curl into his blankets and sleep, but customs required for him to be present.

He took a couple more inhales from his vape before turning it off and placing it next to his drink. This was going to be a very long night he realized gazing at the too heavy wrist watch Cheol had given him a few days ago and had insisted he wears tonight. It was only a few minutes past midnight, he’d gotten here about thirty minutes ago and he already wanted to leave. Not because the party wasn’t dope, it was and if you asked Jimin or Hoseok they’d tell you it was fire and everyone was having the time of their life except for Taehyung.

He decided that he’d stay in the room for another hour or so and then go home; the good thing about this night was that he didn’t live that far from the Goo’s house, it would only take him a good twenty minute drive and he was not drunk, so driving was definitely something he was still capable of.

Having nothing to do for the next hour or so, he decided to take a nap.

Just as he had laid down and was about to get comfortable on the bed, the door was flung open and two figures stumbled into the room, kissing and undressing each other, ignoring his presence and just climbed onto the bed beside him.

“THE ?!” He snapped, sitting upright, but failed since one of them, the girl had somehow managed to land on his arm. He pushed the girl off of his arm as gentle as he could and got off the bed. The couple didn’t seem to care or notice his presence, they just continued doing whatever they had intended to do in the room.

Not wanting to be caught in this and almost having to refrain himself from throwing up after catching what the guy was slurring to the girl, he grabbed his bottle and vape and disappeared out of the door open, closing it shut before the girl could finish telling the guy how hard she wanted him to give it to.

Taehyung concluded that he definitely wasn’t ready to go back downstairs and witness another one of those scenes, so he wandered down the empty hallway and was accompanied by the sound of loud music and screams coming from downstairs. He contemplated where he could take a nap and decided to just walk around the house until he found an okay-room; it was just for an hour anyways.

Maybe it had been because he was somehow tipsy or tired or both, or maybe it had been his desperation to find a bed, but he didn’t and wouldn’t know what had made him so blind enough to ignore the nameplate in front of the room he entered. The first thing he saw when he opened the door was a half- guy, wrapped in a towel with wet hair, standing in the middle of the room, holding something that looked like a remote, but Taehyung didn’t care, his eyes were busy roaming the guy’s body.

Lord, kill him now.

He also didn’t know why he hadn’t gotten out of there the second he’d realized who it was, not that it been that hard to recognize him, he had been all the blonde could think about these past few weeks. Probably the reason why he’d started seeing Cheol or even started to meet up with other people.

Jungkook. Jeon-ing-Jungkook. Jungkookie-Kookie-Gukk.

Taehyung swears that his heart stopped beating right there and then.

As if he had heard the blonde call his name, the younger male’s head turned in his direction and his mouth formed an ‘o’. He was confused and that was evident on his beautiful innocent face and so was Taehyung. But instead of turning around and exiting the room, he closed the door behind him. This made Jungkook raise his brows and turn completely facing the older male.

“Seeing that you did not rush back out and closed the door, I’m assuming you’ve been looking for me,” he said cockily.

No, hello, how have you been, Hyung? Taehyung didn’t blame him, though; the younger male didn’t have any reason to be nice to him.

The blonde’s eyes narrowed- something he did often whenever he was trying to keep his real emotions from his face. It was Jungkook’s voice and the room smelled like him, it was not a trick of Taehyung’s imagination nor the alcohol’s making, but he did not understand why Jungkook was in this room. And nor was he feeling good seeing the younger male tonight; it was giving him palpitation and making him nauseated. His heart was beating a mile per second and he swore that the other male could hear it.

“What are you doing in here?” He asked instead, praising the Lord for being a pro at keeping his emotions in check.

“No, the question is, what are YOU doing in here? I believe my cousin said that upstairs was off limits,” Jungkook responded, this time eyeing the older male up and down, a stupid cheeky smirk appearing on his face.

“Your cousin?” Taehyung muttered and cursed when his voice cracked. Somehow, he was having difficulty with thinking straight; this was what the younger male did to him or weed and alcohol which he has been consuming since he’d gotten here and Jungkook was just the cherry on top.

“My other surname is Goo, Kangho is my cousin; his father is my mother's brother,” he explained slowly as if speaking to a child, this caused the blonde to narrow his eyes at the latter.

Jungkook was the child between them, not Taehyung. But this fact is thrown out the window, when the younger male crosses his arms over his chest and Taehyung catches a trail of water drops falling from his wet hair down onto his shoulders and roll down his chest, through his flexed arms, dipping lower to his toned stomach, scatting across those sweet abs, the ones Taehyung remembered too well—having had the pleasure of leaving marks a few months prior, down to his navel and into …. The older male tore his eyes away from the younger’s body and forced himself to look up.

When his eye landed on the younger’s face, he could tell that the other had been watching him. He smirked as if he could read his mind.

! He looked even hotter with wet hair and that side smile. Taehyung was sure he could lose himself into that smile of his…NO; he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter