Chapter 1

Saving You

~Sunny's POV~

 

I can remember the incident clear as glass. It was at night when we, Girls' Generation were on stage performing Run Devil Run when that stranger suddenly came on stage and grabbed Taeyeon. I didn't notice at first, but then i didn't feel Taeyeon's hand on my shoulder like i usually did when we preformed the V shape. I didn't mind for a second or so. Maybe she was just about to put her hand on my shoulder, i thought. But it never landed. 

 

Instead of a warm hand making contact with my shoulder. The very hand that wiped my tears when we won awards or when i was feeling down, i was met with a gasp and heavy footsteps right behind me. It was Taeyeon.

 

Forgetting about the performance, i turn around and am faced with the sight of our leader, my best friend, and so much more being dragged away by a stranger i've never seen before in my entire life. Without thinking, i quickly walk over to the two and grab onto Taeyeon's other hand tightly. The man is still pulling. So, i pull too. I don't say anything. I can't say anything. Everything is going way too fast for me to get what's happening. 

 

But all that's on my mind right now is Taeyeon. Just Taeyeon.

 

As soon as it started, it ended. A couple staff members and our manager ran to Taeyeon and i guess my rescue and took the strange man away. I stared at the man for a few seconds. That's all i needed to see fear, and humiliation scatter onto his face. 

 

Immediately after being freed from the man's grasp, Taeyeon throws herself to me. Her arms are wrapped around my neck and shoulders tightly and her body is pressed where no space is betwwen us. She's shaking. Horribly shaking. I can feel wetness damp my shoulder, but i don't mind. I pull her into me as tight as i could. I wrap one hand on her waist while the other is behind her head. There is no way i'm letting her go. 

 

Seconds later, i can feel the other members surrounding us and murmuring about what happened. I can hear our fans yelling and shouting too. They're all confused, scared, and mad.

 

I am too.

 

Then the lights turn off.

 

-Dorms-

 

When we all got home, all the girls were asking my uncle, our manager, and Taeyeon questions of the man on stage. 

 

"Who was that man?" I hear Jessica ask.

 

"How did he get entrance to the stage?" Seohyun questioned.

 

"Where were the guards and staff members?" Sooyoung said.

 

"Are you okay, unnie?" Yoona asked.

 

Everyone was just throwing questions out like our albums being shipped all around the world. It was pure chaos. 

 

"Sunny." I hear a soft voice call to my right. I also felt a small tug at my arm. It was Taeyeon. Her eyes were puffy as she looked at me. They were pleading for something. 

 

I knew what she needed. I nod my head slightly, letting her know that i knew what she wanted. She gave me a forced small smile. 

 

Slowly, i excuse myself and Taeyeon to retire into our shared bedroom.

 

"I don't think Taengoo can handle this right now, guys. Lets talk when she feels better." I say as i get up off the couch and slightly carry, slightly walk her to our room. 

 

I can hear silents after saying what i said. A low, "Sunny's right. Lets all talk to her when she feels better. Everyone, go to sleep. I will see you all tomorrow." It was my uncle. 

 

I hear two pairs of footsteps leave the house. Now it's just us girls in the dorm. It's still quiet. 

 

I'm surprised about this.

 

*Click*

 

Finally making it to our room, i let go of Taeyeon and watch her slowly dress into her pajamas. I do the same thing.

 

When we were done, i climbed into my bed as Taeyeon did the same. It was quiet. I wanted to ask her questions but i knew she wasn't ready. So i laid awake until she fell asleep.

 

But that never happened. Instead of low even breathing, i heard stifled sobs and choking. I sat up straight quickly and called out to her. 

 

"Taeyeon?"

 

She didn't answer. 

 

I slide out of bed and move in front of her face. Her head was covered by her blanket. Moving it down, i see tears flowing. She's trying to stop. 

 

"Taeyeon-ah." I say. 

 

She raises her blanket up. This tells me she wants me to lay next to her. I smile a bit and get in next to her. I wrap my arms protectively around her once again and her crying lessens as each passing second goes by. 

 

I know she wants to talk but i can't start the conversation. 

 

"Sunny-ah." I hear her say. "Thank you so much."

 

"You're welcome, Taengoo." I reply back softly. I'm running my fingers in her hair.

 

She sighs. "I owe you so much, Sunny."

 

I shook my head. "You don't owe me anything, Taengoo. All i want from you is for you to be safe and happy. That's all."

 

"That's all?" She asks, and i hum an answer. 

 

We both become quiet once again. She was breathing normally now. That's a good sign. 

 

After mere minutes of saying, and doing nothing, Taeyeon raises her head up to look me in the eyes. I look at her sincerely but give my best efforts in giving her my eye smile. Doing this made her chuckle. So i let out a little chuckle too.

 

And in the next moment, i feel a pair of lips on my cheek. They were soft, and smooth. Just like i thought.

 

I was surprised at first, but that went away as quickly as it came. I close my eyes. 

 

When the touch of Taeyeon's lips were gone from my cheek, i opened my eyes and looked straight at her face. She was blushing, and trying not to look in my direction. This put a huge smile on my face.

 

"It's my way of saying thank you." She whispers. 

 

I lean foreword slightly and kiss her on the lips. "And this is my way of saying you're welcome."