Rose

Second Generation

 

Everyone was already inside their own classes with tired eyes.

Jennie held her chin with her palm, Jisoo kept on widening her eyes so that she could still see the lecturer, and Lisa was yawning non-stop. Bobby and Hanbin were asleep at their places in the back.

Everyone, except for Rose.

She was on the rooftop once again. Having her earphone tucked inside her ears and sitting on the bench when she finds a person suddenly pull out her earphones.

“Hey!!” Rose shouted. She turned her head around to find who was disturbing her. It was Junhoe.

“You skipped class?” Junhoe asked with a high tone.

“I was already late for the first class anyway” Rose clarifies.

Junhoe then casually sitting next to her, seconds after, Rose rise up and head towards the door.

“Hey! Why are you leaving?” Junhoe asked.

“I’m heading to my second class now” Rose answered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose was walking down the hallway, reached her locker, took her book and closed her locker. She was startled when she found Jennie leaning to the locker next to hers.

“Wanna go out after class??” Jennie asked.

“No thanks Jen.” Rose answered with a friendly smile.

“But whyyy? You don’t have home works yet don’t you? Come on Rosie!” Jennie begged Rose with her puppy eyes.

“Not today Jen, sorry. You should ask Jisoo and her new friend. I’m sure they’d love it.” Rose answered.

 “You’re no fun today” Jennie complained.

“I’ll see you later Jen Jen!” Rose stormed off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennie, Jisoo, Lisa, Bobby was already sitting together in the cafeteria when Jaehyun and Junhoe joined them.

“Where’s Hanbin?” Jisoo asked.

“I think he went out to have lunch with Hayi, his next class starts at 3 anyways.” Bobby explained.

“Ah~ I see.” Jisoo response.

“Where’s Rose?” Bobby asked.

“As usual, she gave up lunch to went to the library.” Jennie answered.

“That bookworm.” Jaehyun added.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the library, Rose was sitting on the floor in between the bookshelves reading Murakami’s Norwegian Wood. She checked her phone, and suddenly it was 10 minutes before her last class start. She closed the book, put it back in the shelf, and took off.

When she walked outside of the library, someone grabbed her shoulder and she stopped.

It was Junhoe. He handed a small plastic bag for Rose.

“What is it?” Rose asked Junhoe what’s is inside the plastic bag.

“Just take it and try not to skipped lunch again.”

Rose took the plastic bag and see what’s inside. It was a pack of kimbap and her favorite banana milk.

“You don’t have to give me this” Rose said as he rises up her head, but Junhoe has already stormed off. Rose saw him already meters away from her sight. She rolled her eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jisoo and Lisa were in the hallway when they heard a familiar sound calling them.

“Jisoo! Lisa!” a girl with long brown hair with highlights approached them. It was Jennie.

“Hey Jen” Jisoo responded.

“Look at this!” Jennie excitedly showed her phone to Jisoo and Lisa, she showed a poster of a party in one of the most popular clubs in Seoul.

“I heard Dean is gonna be there!! Jennie was full of excitement and then she slightly whispers. “Aaand there’s also a free flow!”

“But it’s in Cake Shop Jen..? How are we supposed to get in? Isn’t it supposed to be RSVP or invitation or something?”

Jisoo was confused and Lisa only watched the two of her friends arguing.

“Wait… you already figured that out didn’t you?”

Jisoo answered herself. Jisoo always knew that Jennie have tons of ideas to make any plan work even if it doesn’t seem possible at first.

“Of course I did” Jennie said with a smirk. “So I’ll pick up you guys at Jisoo’s house, okay? Jennie said while lifting her eyebrows making sure her friends understand the plan.

“Alright.” Jisoo answered continue with Lisa. “Sure.”

“Cheers.” Jennie stormed off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clock at five when Jennie headed outside of her class and meet Bobby near her locker.

“How is going Jen jen?” Bobby friend while blocking her locker.

“Out of my way!” Jennie pushed Bobby aside from blocking her locker to take out the textbook Bobby wanted to borrow.

“Here’s your book.” Jennie slaps the book onto Bobby’s chest.

“Ouch.” Bobby cried and the laughed. “Cheers Jen, you’re the best”

“By the way, you sure you could let us in tonight right?” Jennie asked.

“Positive, I already talked to Mino and he said he’ll take care of everything. You already invited everyone right?”

“Yea, I’ll pick up Jisoo and Lisa at 9. But I haven’t seen Rose since lunch, I’ll try to text her.” Jennie explained.

“Jaehyun will bring Ten and Hanbin will bring Hayi.” Bobby replied.

“Junhoe?”

“He couldn’t make it, I think something’s up with his brother.”

“Bummer.”

 

And then they both go separate ways. Bobby heads to his next class and Jennie went to find Rose.

She tried calling Rose’s phone but there’s no answer, she search all over the campus building but found nothing. She gave up and ended up only texting Rose about the party invitation, hoping Rose would come tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were all gathered in front of Cake Shop, one of the most popular nightclubs located in Itaewon. It was already 10 at night and Jennie is still trying to call Rose.

“She’s still not answering?” Jisoo asked. Jennie was still placing her phone on her ear.

“Maybe she’s asleep.” Hanbin said.

Jennie was still trying to reach Rose while waiting for Bobby and Mino to take them inside. Mino was still talking to some guys that he said would help them.

“I think her phone’s dead now.” Jennie said while she turned off the call and left confused.

“Maybe Hanbin’s right. She probably falls asleep while reading a book and forgot to charge her phone.” Jisoo and Lisa nodding in agreement.

 

Jennie gave up and sighed. At the same time Bobby was heading towards them and he said that they finally could get inside.

Everyone cheered and head inside.

Inside, there were already played loud music and the room was already full of people. There were lights, free flow drinks, a few snacks and people were already dancing and singing while lifting their drinks.

They were split up to join the crowd. Bobby, Jaehyun and Ten went straight to the bar to get them some drinks. Hanbin takes Hayi to dance floor near the DJ, Jennie light’s up her cigarette, while Jisoo and Lisa were dancing and taking pictures with their phones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already midnight when Jennie felt a little dizzy. She went to sit near the bar when she saw a familiar girl that was talking to a guy. The girl was smiling while talking to the guy that seems to be also flirting with the girl.  Suddenly the guy gives money to the girl as an exchange to what the girl gave to him.

Jennie’s eyes widen as she recognize the ‘thing’ that the girl gave to the guy in exchange for the money. She then rushed towards the girl after the guy leaves.

“Rose??” Jennie shouted referring to that girl.

“Jennie?” Rose was surprised to see her best friend and quickly put the ‘thing’ in her purse.

“Is that..? It’s not what I think it is right?” Jennie asked referring to the thing that Rose put in her purse.

“What are you doing here?” Rose replied, not answering Jennie’s question.

“Tell me those aren’t weed, Rose.”

“It’s none of your business.” Rose replied as she turns her back on her friend and leave.

“ROSE!!” Jennie yelled and tried to reached Rose’s arm. But Rose quickly pulls her arm off Jennie’s and ran to the restroom.

 

Jennie followed her but Rose was already locked herself in one of the toilets.

“ROSE!! OPEN UP!” Jennie yelled while hitting the door.

“YOU PROMISE ME NOT TO SELL THOSE THINGS AGAIN ROSE?! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!”

“JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!! IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!! ITS NOT LIKE I NEED YOU TO TAKE CARE OF ME ALL THE TIME?” Rose yelled while sobbing.

Jennie was startled and takes a few steps back from the door. She didn’t know how to respond to what her best friend of 7 years has just said.

“Fine, then.” Jennie replied. She went back to find Jisoo, Lisa and her other friends.

 

Rose still locked herself. Crying, sobbing, regretting what she has said to Jennie. She doesn’t mean it that way, she said that just because she’s not ready to face her best friend’s disappointment. She cried until she fell asleep.

Then suddenly there were police officers yelling to her telling her to open the door. Rose panicked. The police breaks the door open and found Rose inside. She then was taken to the police station because they found 1 pack of in her purse.

At the police station, Rose was yelling and kept insisting that the is not her possession and that she has been scammed. She said she was drunk and she doesn’t remember how did she end up in the toilet.

The police agreed to have let her go after the test result came out and that she was negative. One of the police officers suggested her to call her guardian to pick her up since it was 4 in the morning. Half an hour later, a guy with a pair of light blue jeans and a black hoodie approach her while still catching his breath.

“What happened?” Junhoe said after sitting next to Rose.

Rose doesn’t respond and she kept looking on the floor. Junhoe sighed and just staring at Rose in silent.

“Come on” Junhoe said while he rises up and offering his hand to Rose.

 

Rose also rise up but ignoring Junhoe’s hand and begin to walk out the police station while Junhoe followed her. He tried to place his arm around Rose’s shoulder but he put them down again.

They were heading towards the parking lot. Junhoe was walking behind Rose when suddenly she slowed down. Junhoe kept walking with his eyes on his phone not noticing that he reach to Rose’s side when suddenly a tiny hand grabbing his arm and he stopped. Junhoe turned his head to find Rose freeze with her eyes full of tears. He hugged Rose and her tears starting to wet Junhoe’s shoulders. Of course Junhoe doesn’t mind, no matter how much she denied it, Rose always finds comfort in Junhoe.