Finale: That Night

Thornless Rose In Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FINALE: That Night
"Woah, I didn't expect that to happen." 

"Yah, half of the share is mine, okay?" the guard whispered as he opened the gate. A nimble shadow walked in, dressed with a mask that covers its face and black clothes to blend in the dark surroundings. The person turned towards the guard.
 
"Okay, okay, shh." the guard nodded and was about to leave when the person stopped him.
 
"Wait, aren't there any CCTV cameras in the front gate?" the person looked around in an attempt to find the said cameras. Sure enough, there were cameras hidden in the shade of the trees. Is he trying to get me caught or what.
 
"Nah, I've disabled them during my shift." the guard answered, fumbling the keys. The person then looked again at the cameras and noticed something. The cameras didn't give off that usual red laser.
 
"All of them?"

"All of them." the guard started to walk towards the main door of the mansion, with the person trailing quietly behind him. They passed through a huge fountain and some lined statues of what seemed to be Greek gods on each side, before finally reaching the main door. It was huge and decorated with gold. Heck, even the handles are gold.

"Aren't you going to get caught and fired, though?" the person asked while the guard opened the main door. The door opened with a click, revealing the faint outline of the foyer thanks to the dim lights of the wall candle holders.  The guard turned towards the person and smiled.

"I'm not called "The Golden Maknae" for no reason at all." he chuckled quietly before continuing, "aren't you going to take off that eye patch?"

"Aish, this child." the person ruffled his hair while the latter grew annoyed and responded with a 'stop it Noona'.

"Tomorrow we're going to be rich." he agreed and quickly exited the mansion, bringing the keys with him. The person closed the main doors in the quietest way she could. The doors moved without a creek, before completely closing. She then removed the eye patch and opened her left eye; the dark surroundings instantly becoming clear as if the whole room was lighted. She'd been wearing that eye patch throughout the day to train her left eye to see in the dark after all. 

She examined the entirety of the place; the entrance to the lower left was the path to what seems like a mini library, while the entrance to the lower right lead to the kitchen and the dining room. If one would look straight, under the foyer contains a living room, complete with chairs, couches, an unlighted lamp, and a glass door leading outside. Above her head hung a dim-lighted chandelier. The path to the upper right and left obviously, leads to the family members' rooms. She remembered him telling her that the upper right leads to the guest room while the upper left leads to the private rooms. 

She walked in the foyer, passing through the busts of Greek gods on each side of the foyer. Once she reached the top of the foyer, she turned to her left. The hallways were lit dimly with wall candle holders and huge moonlit windows on her right. Looks like tonight is a new crescent. She came to the first door in the hallway and slowly opened it. As usual, the door didn't give off any creaking sound. She peeked a little bit in the room.  The room itself was pretty spacious; there were few paintings hanging on the wall, a giant gold-decorated closet door, a neat makeup table in front of the bed, and a king-sized bed with two people sleeping on it. Relief washed over her.

Whew, good thing they weren't... doing it... or else it would've escalated quickly to being awkward. 

She looked closely around the room; Jungkook had told her that the  L'Incomparable is somewhere in the parents' room so it had to be there. Sure enough, after minutes of searching with her night vision eyes, she found it sitting— just literally sitting around a headless bust's neck on the makeup table. Couldn't they have, like, placed it inside a vault room or something? Maybe they really want to get the most expensive necklace in the world to get stolen so easily. But still... there's something fishy about it.

Soundlessly she snuck inside the bedroom. The couple stirred in their sleep which made her stop in her tracks for a few seconds. When the couple remained motionless, she continued her way to the makeup table, this time, with extra caution. 

Didn't know rich people have a keen sense of hearing when they sleep, huh.

That is until she reached the makeup table. L'Incomparable was merely in her reach, and just when her fingertips brushed against the necklace softly, a loud, blaring alarm sounded in the room, waking the sleeping couple up.

She ed up.

She knew there's something fishy about it.

They wouldn't leave it there just chilling for some thief to waltz in and steal it, would they?

Even so with the alarm blaring, she grabbed the necklace fast, put it around her neck, and ran towards the door like her life depended on it... except her life really depended on it. She isn't going to leave without that necklace, no-no. Just as she was about to jump out the window, a person grabbed tightly her by the arm which surprised her so much that she isn't able to move. She stared helplessly at the eyes of her masked captor. This is it. She'd been caught.

This is going to be the end of her free days. 

The blaring alarm was turned off, so the man's angry yells (and curses) were heard in the bedroom, getting closer and louder, accompanied by defeaning footsteps. She thought that the person would turn her in to the parents, but she was caught off guard once again when the person bolted like literal lightning towards the nearest bedroom. 

The door opened and closed with a bang, the person still holding her arm tightly before releasing it to lock the bedroom door. Her gaze went from the door to the awoken figure sitting on the bed; wide-eyed, and mouth opened. Oh . She knew what this little brat would do. Seconds before the child could scream at the top of her lungs, she stumbled and covered the child's mouth. The daughter struggled to get out of her grasp, but it was useless. By this time, the person was finished locking and barricading the door with chairs and tables. The person grabbed the nearest object— which was an expensive-looking china vase— and threw it out the glass window beside the bed. The window shattered with the sound of close numerous police blares heard outside. In response, several footsteps went to the site.

It was too late to attempt to escape.

"Quick, to the closet door!" the person hissed in a deep voice, indicating that it was a he. He was wearing a black mouth mask so she couldn't really distinguish if he is male or just a female with a male's haircut. With her senses fully retained, she nodded quickly and opened the closet door. she expected the closet to be small and cramped, but damn, it was like a whole new mini room. The struggling child attempted to scream and grappled harder against her strong grip, but once again, it was useless. 

Screw rich people. They have mini closet rooms as big as her bedroom.

This time, the closet door was shut silently by the person, who then locked it again and stuck a convenient stick on the golden closet door handle. On the other hand, she opened the lights of the mini-room and sat on the comfortable, carpeted floor with the child. It didn't seem to penetrate through the door, though. Soon, numerous footsteps thundered so loud around the opposite hallway they were in. Unfortunately, this didn't fall deaf on the ears of the child so she wrestled harder. The stranger sat too, before finally getting ticked with her actions. The person suddenly brought a knife out and pointed it dangerously close to the child's eyes. 

"Attempt to scream, shout, or make any noise again and I will not hesitate to gauge your eyes out; right here right now," he spoke in a low tone, which was enough to make the daughter stop. She, even though the threat was not directed at her, felt her blood run cold. She released the child, and the latter remained still. Even still, the knife was still pointed and his eyes continued glaring at the sudden quiet child. He was being too serious. She pulled the child slightly away from his reach, and closer to her. 

"So, looks like someone is also planning to steal L'Incomparable tonight," she remarked. His eyes stared directly at hers, no longer in a glare. He ignored her remark.

"Name?" he asked.

"I wouldn't dare to tell; this kid will know and report me." she pointed at the ever-still child, who kept clamped shut.

"She isn't going to tell, yes?" he stared and asked the daughter again, "she would have her eyes ripped out and slitted before she could tell the police, right, Lee Mina? I could waltz here anytime anyway." he dropped his mouth mask to reveal his creepy smirk underneath. Mina gulped nervously and couldn't do anything but just nod. She, (probably) like the child, was disgusted at his graphic descriptions.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter