Chapter 1

Isn't It Obvious?

Sunny's POV

 

Kim Taeyeon....

 

Why can't i confess to you?

-------------------------------------

Everyone went out to do their own thing tonight. Like Sica and Fany went on a date, Yul and Yoon went to an amusement park, Hyo and Soo went out to eat, and Seobaby went to visit Krystal. Who knew Seo and the little Jung would be a couple? Amazing, right?

 

Anyways, Taengoo and i stayed home. It's 7:00 right now and i can't stop thinking about the brunette sitting right beside me. When we first met, we clicked.

 

5 years ago~

 

Everyone was outside where the sun was shinning. For some reason, there were buckets everywhere and a water hose surrounding us. Maybe it's for us to cool off from the heat. 

 

I walked around saying my hello to everyone. If you're wondering why I'm doing this, it's because it's my first time actually seeing them so i should at least say my greetings.

 

I got done with seven of the members and there was just one more person i need to introduce myself to. Our leader.

 

I saw her by the hose and decided to be super excited to meet her. I mean, i AM excited to meet her but since she's the leader, i need to show how much i want to be an idol and show her how hard i'll work.

 

"Hi! I'm Sunny!" 

 

"Hi! I'm Taeyeon! Nice to meet you, Sunny."

 

I gave her my eye smile and she smiled back. I was going to say something else to her but...

 

"Get the danshins!!!" We both heard someone say. Before we knew it, the other members had ran towards us and spilled buckets of water on us.

 

We were soaking wet! I looked to Taeyeon and she didn't look too happy. She turned her head towards me and gave a chilling grin. "Lets get them back." She said to me.

 

I stood rooted to the ground for a few seconds but suddenly i felt her grab my hand and pull me towards the hose. It was those fire department hoses. The really big ones so she couldn't lift it up by herself. I guess that's why she pulled me with her. But why is a fire hose here? That's what i wanna know.

 

"Sunny-ah. Lets get them back." She said to me. "Together."

 

When she said that sentence. I knew we would be good friends. 

 

"Ready?"

 

"I'm ready."

 

"Hana, dul, set."

 

SPOOOOOSH!!!

 

Present

 

I smiled, remembering our first meeting.

 

"Sunny-ah."

 

*Sigh~~* Good times.

 

"Sunny-ah."

 

But now it's-

 

"Yah! Sunny-ah!"

 

Coming out of my dreamland, i saw Taeyeon in front of me with a concerned look on her face.

 

"Ne?" I said to her.

 

"Why are you staring at me?"

 

"What?"

 

"You've been staring at me for awhile. What? Is there something on my face?"

 

Huh? Oh shoot. Not again.

 

"Ahaha. Sorry, Taengoo. I was just thinking about something."

 

"Ahh. Okay." She said and went back to watching tv.

 

*Sigh*

 

This was the 9th time she caught me looking at her. But i don't think she knows about my feelings. 

 

What feelings you ask? Well... To put it simply. I love her. I love Kim Taeyeon. But it doesn't seem like she gets the signals I'm giving to her. 

 

Here. Let me explain.

 

9 months ago

 

"Taengoo~"

 

"Yes, Sunny-ah?"

 

"Do you like anyone?"

 

"Me?"

 

I nodded my head.

 

"Hmm. I don't think so. Why? Do you like someone?"

 

"A bit~"

 

"Who is it?"

 

"Well, first. I gotta ask you a question."

 

"Okay. Go ahead."

 

"What do you think of gay relationships?"

 

She paused. "Gay relationships?"

 

I started to blush and nodded.

 

"You mean like... Sica and Fany relationship gay?"

 

I nodded.

 

"I guess it's fine. I don't mind."

 

My eyes lit up.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Then would you..."

 

"Hm?"

 

"Go out with me?"

 

"Like hangout with each other? Sure. It's a hangout. Lets go." She said smiling.

 

I scrunched my eyebrows together. She doesn't get it.

 

Present

 

Oh! And there was this other time.

 

3 weeks ago

 

"Today is going great, Sunny-ah. If i ever start dating, i'd want someone just like you."

 

"You would?"

 

I looked up at her with sparkles in my eyes. Does that mean..

 

"Yeah, absolutely."

 

"Taengoo?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I love you."

 

She stopped and stared at me. Suddenly she smiled.

 

Is she gonna...

 

"I love you too, Sunny-ah! We're best friends! And always will be!" She happily said.

 

My smile fell from my face. "Heheh, friends forever." I sadly said. But she didn't notice.

 

Present

 

And that's what i did to show her my love. I've done more that though. Those are just a few examples. I try everyday. At least five times. But she never notices. How can she not notice?

 

End of Sunny's POV

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

Somethings been up with Sunny for the past few months. She's been acting a bit touchy and really close. But she's always like that, so i didn't give much thought to it. Until a month ago.

 

1 month ago

 

I was walking around the company's building until i got up to the roof. I was going to relax on the roof but then i heard two people talking. I silently opened the door a bit to see who it was but it seemed like the people were behind a wall somewhere to the left.

 

"I don't know how to tell her. I've gave her hints. All the hints i can give. She still doesn't see how i feel. Probably just sisterly love but not the love that i want. Now I'm not confident to be straightforward to her. 'Cause i know she'll think of it as sisterly love. Nothing more."

 

Is that Sunny-ah?

 

"I'm sorry Sunny unnie."

 

Seobaby?

 

"It must be hard for you."

 

"It is."

 

"Well. Why don't you try a different approach?"

 

"Like what?"

 

I didn't hear what Seohyun said. I guess she whispered it to Sunny.

 

"That's a great! I might try that. Maybe...." 

 

Why does Sunny sound so sad?

 

"So who is it that you like?" I heard Seohyun ask.

 

"Yah. You know who it is."

 

"It's good to let out whats on your mind. And i can tell you're a bit stressed about the situation you're in. So let it out unnie."

 

I heard clothes ruffle a bit as if someone was getting off the ground. I poked my head out a bit and i could see a tiny bit of Sunny's small body. She walked to the edge of the building and took hold of the railings. I saw her body inhale air and....

 

"I LOVE YOU, KIM TAEYEON!! PLAESE LOVE ME BACK! SARANGHAE!!!"

 

Suddenly my heart started beating faster. My eyes widened and i immediately shut the door and held my chest.

 

"What's this?" I asked myself. "Sunny-ah? You love me?"

 

Present

 

And that's how i found out she loves me. A few days after that incident, i realized something. Something VERY important. I love Sunny. I love our shortest, most beautiful, cute, and funny member, Lee Soonkyu.

 

I can't believe i didn't notice before. All these past few months she's been really clingy with me was her hints of telling me her feelings. I want us to be a couple. I really do.

 

Ever since i found out about her feelings,  i've been teasing her a bit. Like this one time we went to an amusement park. Just the two of us and she said she loved me. I know she loves me but i said, "I love you too, Sunny-ah! We're best friends. And always will be!"

 

Her smile fell for a moment but soon made it's way back onto her face. A smile is better on her face rather than a sad one. She looks beautiful with a bright smile.

 

End of Taeyeon's POV

 

Sunny's POV

 

*Sigh* 

 

I really can't confess to her. I've tried for almost a year now and she still hasn't given me any response of interest. Should i give up? 

 

But i can't. I love her too much to give up on her. Should i finally do what Seobaby told me to do?

 

1 month ago~ rooftop

 

"Well. Why don't you try a different approach?" Seohyun said to me.

 

I looked to her a bit curious. She came closer to me and whispered into my ear, "Taeyeon unnie loves music. Doesn't she? Especially singing."

 

I nodded.

 

"Sing a song."

 

Present

 

We're alone, no one is here to interrupt us. This is my chance to put that plan to work. 

 

 

I turned to Taengoo and smiled.

 

"What?" She asked. "You finally beat the final level on your DS?"

 

Huh?

 

Oh! I'm playing my DS! I looked down at my hands and read the screen. 

 

'Final level: Passed!'

 

Holy. Ajdjfpeortibxnap. Gee gee gee gee gee~

 

I jumped off of the couch and started to jump around the living room.

 

Wait. What am i doing? I need to confess!

 

I stopped my jumping and stood up straight.

 

"Hahah. Congrats Sunny-ah. Now shhh." Taeyeon said to me. She was watching a movie.

 

I looked to the tv and saw a couple kissing.

 

... Byuntang is out again...

 

Maybe i should just kiss her and tell her i love her and we can be byun to each other for the rest of the night....

 

BUT!

 

I want this to be perfect. A romantic confession.

 

"Taengoo~ I'm gonna get something upstairs. Be right back, okay?" I said in my aegyo voice.

 

"Ne~" She responded without taking her eyes off the tv.

 

I smiled then ran to our room upstairs. Wait. I don't have a guitar. But Seobaby does.

 

I went into Seobaby's room and saw her guitar by her desk. Grabbing it from its place on the wall, i quietly walked down the stairs. 

 

I stopped 9 steps away from the bottom of the staircase and thought how i should go with this. Play while going down the steps or wait till I'm in front of her and play?

 

End of Sunny's POV

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

Sunny just went upstairs and i might have a good guess on what she's doing. Confession. She has something big planned. I can feel it.

 

10 minutes has passed since she's been gone up. I wonder what's taking so long. Should i check on her or maybe....

 

"Ohh~ yeah~"

 

Omo. Who's that? Sunny-ah?

 

End of Taeyeon's POV

 

Sunny's POV

 

Okay Sunny. You can do it. Hana, dul, set.

 

I started to play the guitar and slowly walked down the stairs.

 

"Ohh~ yeah~"

 

I was a few steps away from the bottom when suddenly i heard the front door open to hear Sica and Fany laughing with one another. 

 

"Unnies~ It's not funny. Sica unnie, your sister and i just kissed. We weren't going to do more when we saw you and Fany unnie barging in on us." 

 

And Seo is here too! 

 

Dammit!

 

I ran back upstairs to refrain myself from embarrassment.

 

So close.

 

End of Sunny's POV

 

While Sunny ran up the stairs, the three intruders saw Taeyeon on the couch.

 

"Hi, Taetae." Tiffany said.

 

"Hi, Fany-ah."

 

"Hey, danshin." Jessica said.

 

"Yah! You're short too."

 

"Not as short as you."

 

"Hi Taeyeon unnie." Seohyun said.

 

"Hi, Seobaby."

 

Seohyun was walking up the stairs when she overhead Taeyeon talking to Jessica and Tiffany.

 

"You guys ruined Sunny's plan." Taeyeon said to the couple.

 

"What plan? Omg, was she finally going to confess to you?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Yeah, i think so."

 

"Wait. Hold up. How do you know she likes you?" Jessica question.

 

"It's for me to know. And for you to find out later."

 

At the stairs, Seohyun's eyes widened. 'Unnie knows?' She asked herself. She quietly ran up to her room and saw Sunny on her bed with her guitar.

 

"Unnie?"

 

Sunny looked up and smiled. "I was so close Seobaby." She held her thumb and index finger close together. "I was this close." 

 

"To what?"

 

"Confessing to her straight out. But..."

 

"We ruined it."

 

"Well-"

 

"Sorry Sunny unnie. If i would've known you were going to be doing this i would have tried to stop them from coming inside."

 

"No, no. It's okay, Seobaby. It's not your fault. I should've done it sooner."

 

"I can help you."

 

Sunny looked up at Seohyun and raised her eyebrow. "How?"

 

Seohyun merely smiled and nodded her head. 

 

One week later

 

Today was the groups 5th year anniversary being with each other. And today, today was the day Sunny would confess to Taeyeon. To finally say what she's wanted to tell the girl for so long. 

 

All nine girls were at a beach house together, sitting and talking to one another like always. 

 

"You! Fashion terrorist! What are you wearing?" Sooyoung called out to her girlfriend.

 

"Yah! Don't call me that! Shikshin!" Hyoyeon yelled. "And I'm wearing shorts and a tank top. Is there something wrong with that?"

 

"No."

 

"Then why are you asking!"

 

'Typical HyoYoung couple.' Sunny thought. She looked around the table to see that her eyes had landed on Taeyeon. Again.. She was laughing at Jessica, who was currently out of her seat screaming. Someone had put a fake cucumber in her bag to mess with her.

 

"Who did this!" Jessica screamed. Her head immediately turned to Yuri and Yoona. They were behind the kitchen counter with pots over their heads and spatulas and pan covers in their hands. 

 

"I'm going to kill you guys." She said making a chill run down the chodings back.

 

"R-Run!" Yuri said running out of the room with Yoona.

 

"Yah! Come back here!"

 

Sunny took her eyes off the three people and looked to Seohyun who was right across from her. Krystal was sitting beside her. Seohyun invited her over. No one didn't see anything wrong with that. Besides, she's family. Jessica's younger sister.

 

Sunny looked to her left then right and threw a tiny piece of food at the maknae.

 

Seohyun felt the piece of food on her shoulder and turned around. Sunny was giving her a 'Ready?' signal. Seohyun nodded then tilted her head to the side. 

 

Sunny looked to where she was signaling at and saw a small stage with her guitar on a stand. There was a mic and stool as well, for someone to perform. 

 

Sunny's POV

 

I smiled at the stage. I really need to thank Seobaby later. I looked back at her and nodded. 

 

Mission start

 

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom everyone~~" I said in my aegyo voice. "Be right back, okay?"

 

Everyone responded with a "Yes."

 

Before i got up, i saw Seohyun getting up from her seat and stealthily turning off the lights as if there were a blackout. 

 

I quickly sprung out of my seat and ran out of the kitchen. Moving around the house a bit, I found the stage and sat on the stool with the guitar in my hands. The kitchen was pitch black so i knew no one could see me. 

 

The kitchen lights turned back on and everyone looked around their surroundings. 

 

"Where's Sunny?"

 

"She's not here?"

 

"What happened?"

 

"Is she dead!"

 

"We're in a freakin' horror movie aren't we!"

 

Aish. These girls. 

 

The stage was still dark. I took a deep breathe and strummed a chord.

 

Everyone looked towards the sound but saw a dark stage. 

 

"Ohh~ yeah~" I sang.

 

A bright light hit the stage and i saw everyones surprised faces. 

 

I guess Seohyun did the lighting for me. Seo, thank you.

 

I strummed a tune then started to sing. 

 

"We started as friends~. But something happened inside me. Now i'm reading into everything. But theres no sign you hear the lightning, baby."

 

i looked around the room and saw tiny smiles getting bigger and bigger.

 

"You don't ever notice me turning my charm. Or wonder why I'm always where you are~"

 

Looking up once more. I saw that everyones faces were plastered with huge smiles. But i didn't dare look at Taeyeon. Not yet.

 

"I've made it obvious~. I've done everything but sing it. Im not so good with words~."

 

I stopped playing. 

 

Taking a deep breath, i closed my eyes and got off the stage to make my way to Taeyeon. Once i got close enough. I started to play the last few chords and sing the last of the lyrics. "And since you never notice. The way that we belong. I'll say it in this love song~~."

 

The last chord has ended and i can hear nothing but silents. 

 

I'm afraid to open my eyes but... I have to.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Taeyeon with tears in her eyes.

 

"Taengoo. I-"

 

But i had no time to finish my sentence. Because from that day and more days to come... was the day we had our first kiss. 

 

"Lee Soonkyu. I love you. I'm sorry i didn't notice sooner." I heard Taeyeon say.

 

"I love you too."

 

Ohh's and aww's were coming from the other members.

 

"Congrats unnies!" I heard Sohyun say.

 

 "Well, look at that. Now we have another reason to celebrate even more. To the danshin couple and...." Sooyoung started.

 

 We all ended her sentence with, "So Nyuh Shi Dae!"

 

Whew! Whatchu guys think? Good? Bad? Amaaazing? Hah, no. 

DanDyuGansters i hope you enjoyed this one shot. And i hope the rest of you did too. Thank you for reading! *bows*

Also, if there were any mistakes please ignore them. A bit lazy. Sorry. Ps. The song is not mine. It belongs to Westlife. Great band!