Final

I Couldn't Do it

Why? Why couldn't I do it? It was because I didn't want to ruin Chanyeol's life. I wanted him to live a normal life with his soon to be wife Sandara Park. That's how much I loved and still love him. I want him to be happy even if it's not with me. But I can't help but think what if? What if I told him? What if he loved me back? Would we be together? Would I be the one walking down the aisle? But I didn't, I don't know and Sandara is the one walking down the aisle not me.  

9 years ago (they're 16) School gates afterschool

Today is the day I tell him. Today I will tell Chanyeol that I love him. But what is he doesn't love me? What will I do?  I can always play it off as a joke. Yeah that's right I can just say I was joking. At least I'll that he doesn't love me. Where is he? What the hell is doing.

"Hey Baek!" I turn and there he is looking handsome like he does every other day. "Hey Channie." 'It's now or never.' I think to myself. " I have something to tell you." "Oh yeah I do too." "Ok you go first." Little did I know that would be the worst decision that I've made. 'He seems excited but his eyes look so sad.Hm maybe it's just my imagination.' "I have a girlfriend now." I feel my world starting to fall apart. Instanly I feel the tears in my eyes. I bit the insides of my cheeks to stop them from falling. I put on a fake smile but it's enough to convince him. "Cool! Who is it?" " Sandara Park." I feel my heart break even more. It's Sandara the most beautiful girl in the school. The girl every guy wanted and every girl wanted to be. "What did you want to tell me?" "Oh it was nothing important." I turn to walk away. I start walking faster and faster until I was basically running. I heard him calling my name. When I couldn't hear him anymore I let my tears fall. Why am I crying like he just cheated on me? It's not like we're dating.

Present Chanyeol's wedding

I feel the tears in my eyes again. But I hold them back like I did back then too. I can still feel the pain like I did back then too. I should be happy that he's marrying the love of his life and not crying just because I couldn't tell him. I can't turn back time, I can't change the past, I have to let go. But I've tried for 9 years and I still can't let him go and I think I will never be able to. 

Chanyeol's POV

Why? Why couldn't I do it? It was because I was scared. Scared that I'd lose the love of my life and best friend. I know he deserves someone better than me. How would I be able to make him happy? I loved him enough to not tell him and let him be with someone that deserves him. But I can't help but think what if? What if I told him? What if he loved me back? Would we be together? Would he be the one walking down the aisle? But I don't know the answers to those questions and I never will because now it's too late Sandara is the one walking aisle not Baek.

9 years ago Chanyeol's POV

Oh I'm late! Today I'm gonna tell Beakhyun I love him cause if I don't I'm gonna regret it. I was almost at the gates where I was suppose to meet Baek until Sandara stopped me. 

"Hey Chanyeol." "Oh um hey Sandara." 'What does she want? I need to meet Baek I'm already late.'  "Can I ask you something?" "Sure." "Will you go out with me?" 'WHAT?' I was about to say no in the nicest possible way but she looked at me with hopeful eyes. I couldn't destroy that. "Yes." "Really?!" "Um yeah. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I'm running late." "Oh sure bye.'" "Bye." 

I ran to the schools gates but before I went through I put on one of my fake 'happy virus' smiles. I have to tell Baek that we're dating. It's not like he'll be sad, but I feel like cheating on him in some way. "Hey Baek!" He turns around looking as beautiful as ever. "Hey Channie." 'God why is he so cute?' "I have something to tell you." "Oh yeah I do too." "Ok you go first." "I have a girlfriend now." It felt like acid on my tongue. For a moment I think I see his eyes tear up. 'It must be my imagination.'  He smiles at me. "Cool! Who is it?" "Sandara Park." I can see that's he's shocked. I then remember he wanted to tell me something too. "What did you want to tell me?" "Oh it was nothing important." He turned to walk away but started running. I called after him and stopped he was too far for him to hear me.

Present Chanyeol's wedding

Even after 9 years I still can't love her the way I love him. I've tried to let him go. I've tried to love her but I can't. She wasted 9 years of her life waiting for me to ask her marry me. I had to so I wouldn't destroy the hope she had like she did when she asked me out. So now I'm here about to marry someone I don't love while the love of my life is standing on the sidelines. 

Third person POV

The music starts, eveyone stands up and face the church doors. There they spotted the beautiful bride. She felt her heart racing but she didn't that her's was the only one. Chanyeol even after seeing her look so beautiful stills feels nothing for her. Once she reached Chanyeol everyone sat down and faced them. They're vows we're made no came the moment of truth. 

"Do you Sandara Park take Park Chanyeol as you're wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Do you Park Chanyeol take Sandara Park as you're wedded wife?"

"I-I..."

He doesn't know what to say everyone is staring. Baekhyun is confused. 

"I can't."