3: Reckless

Fool's Gold [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I’m the first to admit that I’m reckless
I get lost in your beauty and I can’t s
Two feet in front of me

 

 

“Okay. This wasn’t supposed to happen but hell this is happening.”

Taehyun was forced to watch himself, his body rather, pace back and forth inside the hospital room. Jittering and nervous and so very different from how he wanted his body to act out. But of course he wasn’t inside his body so that thought was very far-fetched.

But it was good that his body was well and all right. Unlike the luck his actual body had, surviving the crash with minor bruises and scratches, Minho’s body on the other hand had a broken leg and arm and a whole bunch of scratches and other cut. It was true that his real body was safe but it was still Taehyun who had to endure the pain in Minho’s body. Taehyun looked over Minho, the man had him feeling sore but it’s mainly because it seemed like Minho’s body was draped over him (his body), as he overheard the nurses talking about.

He just woke up from another nap after the few stiches had been done so his head was positively throbbing. “Stop moving too much,” Taehyun called out finally, making Minho stop midway only to stare at him then resumed pacing right after. “You’re going to make my body tired.”
Minho shot him a glare but Taehyun was still fascinated with their current situation that he didn’t mind. After all, he was looking at his own face rolling his eyes at him.

Damn, he looked real pissed. 

“What about you? You seem too calm about all this, how will we explain this all to our parents and families and friends and everyone else huh?” Minho didn’t mean to gush out but Taehyun heard his voice loud and clear anyway, and it was weird and interesting at the same time. 

“We don’t.” Taehyun replied as he looked at the cast around his – Minho’s – leg. 

“What?” Minho had stopped pacing now, thank the heavens.

“You think anyone would believe you? ‘Hey we switched bodies, so can I like, play Cinderella instead?’” Taehyun mocked, reminding Minho of the part he now has to play in the Drama Club productions. 

Minho slapped his forehead hard and Taehyun winces. 

“What’s happening to you?” Minho came striding towards him, checking for his body.

“I don’t know, my forehead suddenly became hot – and it throbs. Like someone slapped –”

Both of them looked at each other. 

“You don’t mean –”

Before Minho could finish, Taehyun had his fingers pinching the cheek in front of him hard and in a matter of seconds both of them are wincing in pain.

“What the ,” Minho blurted. “Why did you pinch my cheek!?”

“To prove a theory,” Taehyun answered nonchalantly. “And by the way. That is my cheek.”

Minho only mumbled something incoherent because there was no argument in that. “So your theory is as good as mine.” He sat down and Taehyun scolds him about the way he sits with his legs so spread apart and Minho remembers that he was in Taehyun’s body so he just rolls his eyes and closes his (Taehyun’s) legs ever so slightly. “What you feel, I feel. And we’re both screwed.”

Taehyun nodded slightly. "Pretty much."

 

 

3:


Reckless

 

 


“.” Taehyun rested his head on the wall for support as he thinks this over. The school play is in a month’s time, and what he was thinking most about now is that he doesn’t want to make a fool of himself and be embarrassed for the rest of his life. He sighed. He glanced at Minho, “There is a play –”

“Yeah I heard. Seunghoon wouldn’t stop talking about it anyway. Cinderella meeting Romeo first before he fell into Juliet’s curse.”

“Listen. I don’t care about the story line. But I am obliged to be Cinderella.”

Minho gave him a disapproving look. “What?”

Taehyun seemed to blush against the setting sun and Minho thought it was nerve-wrecking to see his face reddening like that. Seeing his face blushing wasn’t a good scene. “I’ve agreed to it okay. And in this situation it’s impossible that – ”

“No, no, no. You can’t make me play Cinderella in your place.”

“I can’t make you but you have no choice. It’s not like I wanted this to happen too, moron.”

“Moron? In case you forgot, you’re the one asking for a favor here.”

“It’s not a favor. Believe me. The shareholders are in it as well. If I backed out after agreeing, how would that make me look like? I’m selfish so please humor me.”

Minho sighed exasperatedly, scratching the underside of his chin as he tried to think nothing of the insult. But then he looked over Taehyun, in his body, with a cask around his arm and a few bandages here and there. It looks very painful and the only reason why he doesn’t feel anything was because he was locked away in Taehyun’s body.

“All right, your highness.” Minho cleared his throat, unfamiliar and a little uncomfortable not hearing his usual deep one. “I’ll do your play but you teach me vocals.” He started and saw Taehyun rolling his eyes again. “And pass all my subjects with flying colors.”

“I don’t think about the ‘with flying colors’ part since it’s going to be questionable why you’re suddenly not stupid.”

Minho pinched his cheek the hardest he can, earning a series of curses from Taehyun. “And can you please tone down on the insults? They aren’t funny.”

“They were not meant to be. That’s why they are called insults.”

“Smartpants. Never act like that around my friends or else I’ll –”

“Do what? Kill me? As if.”

“No. I’ll take duck face selfies and upload them because why not.”

Taehyun scowled at Minho again. 

First Jinwoo, now this stupid . Who’s next to blackmail him?

“The script is on my bed. Get working.” 

Taehyun watched as his face scrunched in distaste before him, strutting away not a minute after and closing the hospital room’s door. 

He reached over the drawer with his good hand, opening his mobile and typing: 

Switching bodies

 

 


*
Minho can’t help but stare at the face looking back at him again and again. He kept on raking over the blonde locks, gently squeezing the fluffy cheeks and running the thumb of his index fingers on the droopy brows. 

Yep, he definitely is in Nam Taehyun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter