0: Shining Distraction

Fool's Gold [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I'm like a crow on a wire

You're the shining distraction that makes me fly

 

 

Being the cousin of one of the famous rappers in South Korea has its perks.

But it also has its ty side.

Like this time.

Again.

 

0:

Shining Distraction

 

It was the start of his third year in college, and all his teachers and classmates greeted him with: “You’re GUN’s cousin!”

“Song Minho’s the name, sir.” Minho replied with his blinding smile still, holding a frustrated sigh.

It’s not like they are wrong, but it often gets annoying when people call him “GUN’s cousin” when his name is “Minho”.

Song Minho is an underground rapper famous for his witty raps, also a part-time model, but he cannot deny the fact that a heavy percentage of his popularity is all thanks to Gunhee.

Industrially known as #GUN, one of the top-selling rappers in Korea, is Minho’s cousin.

Don’t get him wrong, he loves his cousin and treats him like his own brother. In fact they are too close for their own good that often, their tradition of hanging out once a month like normal families do earns him speculations of using Gunhee as a publicity stunt for his own career.

To which Minho scoffs and rolls his eyes every ing time. But he’ll not stop his dream for mere rumors. So as he reaches for his dream of becoming one of Korea’s best rappers, he attends university for as well, majoring in Music.

 

Minho shoved all of the contents of his armchair to his bag, his friends whistling as he hustles.

“That time of the month huh?” Seunghoon joked, earning a light slap on the back from Minho.

Seungyoon, on the other hand was by their classroom’s window, overlooking the parking area. “Your cousin’s here!” He announced discretely so as not to bother the other students that were still in the classroom.

“Ayo, make sure you take his autograph so I can sell them online,” Zico laughed as they all watch Minho ran towards the door and out the building.

 

“Took you long enough hyung!” He heard Gunhee declared as he excitedly opened the van’s door for the older man.

Minho playfully jabbed him in response.

But before Minho could even step closer to the vehicle, he heard Gunhee chuckling, his eyes on a certain direction.

“Oi, what are you sneering at?”

“Hyung, you know that guy?” He asked pointing at the pale man’s direction while Minho was trying to climb the van.

 Minho looked over where Gunhee’s index finger was pointing and saw a blond man sitting on one of the park bench, holding a thick book with his leg crossed over the other. Anyone who can see that guy now can easily tell he’s into his own world and he can’t be disturbed. Minho took note of the velvet choker on his neck and his eyes lingered a bit there. “Ah, that’s Nam Taehyun.”

“You know him Minho-hyung?” Minho finally woke from his little daze and started to climb on the van for real.

“How can I not? All of our instructors have a story about him.”

“Of?”

 

They call him Genius Nam, and that’s what he really is. An IQ of 146 and still, he wants to attend university. Everybody is asking why but no one can ask him directly. No one is close to him in particular except for that doe-eyed beauty the university worships for pageants and posters – Kim Jinwoo, and he is Nam Taehyun’s  complete opposite that everyone is also asking how they’d end up being the best of friends.

Ever since the talk of Nam Taehyun attending their university circled the opening ceremony, Minho had already taken interest in such unbelievable news and eventually looked him up on the internet. He had contributed more to the music industry than most of the veterans the business knows, and his field does not only end in music. His researches about Physics and Psychology are also astounding (Minho might not look like it but he’d actually read some of his researches and found them interesting). The fact that Taehyun was actually offered to skip university to join an internationally-favored research facility and he rejected it made him more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter