My Candy Boy

My Candy Boy

Jaeyoon had a sweet tooth.

 

And his favorite sweet?

 

Kim Inseong.

 

A boy one year older then him who happened to work coincidently in a candy shop right around the corner to his apartment.

 

Jaeyoon visited almost everyday, his pockets were constantly stuffed with random gummies and sugary candies. He was addicted. Inseong was the cutest boy he'd ever come across and he was almost positive the boy played for the same team. No straight boy wore white jeans and stripped pink shirts that tight. Well, the uniform was mandatory for the job but Jaeyoon had seen his coworkers and none ever wore them that tight. So everyday he stopped by to pick up a small bag of sweets while trying his best to flirt to the smiley employee. His efforts seemed to always go unnoticed or ignored and he left with pockets full and sticky fingers.

 

On the days when Jaeyoon only had one class to attend too, he usually visited twice.

 

“Hyung, you've been holding your jaw all day, is it alright?” Juho asks as they walk towards the candy shop.

 

Jaeyoon removes the hand from his face, not having realized he'd been walking with it like that. “Yeah, I'm fine.” He smiles.

 

Juho doesn't press on more as the two enter the shop. Inseong pops his head from behind the counter and smiles as Jaeyoon waves.

 

“Hey, your back!” Inseong smiles as he stands.

 

Jaeyoon nods, “I was craving something sweet.”

 

Inseong grins, “We got a new box of Japanese chocolates. Would you like to try some?”

 

Jaeyoon nods as he approached the counter, leaning on it and getting as close to Inseong as the counter would allow them.

 

Inseong uboxes the chocolate and puts on clear food safety gloves as he unwraps a bar of chocolate. He carefully breaks a square off from the bar and holds it out for Jaeyoon to take.

 

Boldly, Jaeyoon leans forward and bites the piece from straight from his hands, never taking his eye's off of Inseong, enjoying the way Inseong stares with a perfectly shaped “O” on his lips and a blush.

 

Jaeyoon was mid wink when he bit into the chocolate and his jaw screamed in agony from the sweet treat. He quickly spit the chocolate out, drool leaking down his chin as he held his jaw.

 

“Hyung? Are you alright?” Juho asked, appearing at his side. He had been hanging out in the front of the shop as he usually did when he had heard Jaeyoons yelp of pain.

 

“Jaeyoon?” Inseong looked at him worriedly.

 

Jaeyoon quickly wiped the drool from his chin with his sleeve and blushed, “I think I have a mouth cramp.” He winced.

 

Juho chuckled while Inseong continued to look at him with worry. “Hyung, I think you might have a cavity.” Juho informs him.

 

Jaeyoon looked at him appalled, there was no way he could have a cavity. “I've never had cavity in my life.”

 

“You eat candy everyday, what did you expect to happen?” Juho shakes his head and pats his shoulder. “Lets go make you an appointment.”

 

Jaeyoon shook his head, he was horrified at the idea of him having a cavity. If it were true then his visits to the candy shop would have to stop until his teeth were better.

 

“You should really get your teeth checked, Jaeyoon.” Inseong finally spoke, “You wouldn't want them to fall out.”

 

Begrudgingly, Jaeyoon said goodbye to Inseong and let Juho set up an appointment for him to see a dentist. The doctors confirmed to him that he indeed did have a cavity and would need to fill it as soon as possible.

 

Afterwards, Jaeyoon was too embarrassed to stop by the candy shop. He walked the long way to school and avoided passing the shop as much as possible.

 

He missed seeing Inseong but he couldn't face him, not after he had drooled right in front of him.

 

It isn't until a week after the cavity incident that Juho somehow tricks him into going to the candy shop. Jaeyoon had been sulking and hadn't paid any attention to where they were headed and before he knew it, he was walking through the door with the familiar bell ringing above him.

 

His tooth ached just at the sight of all the sweets.

 

“Jaeyoon?”

 

He looked up to see Inseong staring at him with a bright smile. That was all it took for him to forget his embarrassment and realize how much he had missed seeing him.

 

“I thought you would never come back.” He shyly said, rubbing his hands on his skin tight white jeans.

 

Jaeyoon shrugged and boldly said, “I never really came for the candy.”

 

Inseong stared at him with wide-eyes, stuttering.

 

“What time do you get off? Let's go get some unsweetened coffee after.”