Chapter 13

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 13

A couple of weeks later

Things had been going great for the couple, they already talked about what they'll do when they reach 100 days together. They thought of going out of town together, maybe camping and such, but both of them knew that Mina's parents wouldn't probably allow it if it's just the two of them. 

Alex is hanging out in Mina's house. Again, her parents weren't home and she had skipped her after school lessons even though Alex discouraged her. The latter talked to Mina about skipping her after school classes, she didn't like that mina is neglecting those and disobeying her parents just to spend time with her, but mina used her charm to convince Alex and let her skip it. Mina knew well that Alex can't protest whenever she pouts and whines.

“Are there things that I do that you don’t like?” Mina always wondered what traits and things that she does, which Alex doesn't appreciate. She might want to change for the better.

Alex had to think for a while before successfully thinking of one. “When you play games on your phone.”

Mina chucked at the answer. She would usually play with her phone when she gets bored but Alex didn't seem to show any signs that she hated it. “Why?”

“You forget that I’m beside you.”

“I don’t.” Mina honestly never forget about Alex when she's with her. All she can think about is her, so she can't get rid of the thought of Alex even if she's playing games or studying.

“You do.”

“Okay. Next time I won’t play games when I’m with you.”

“Promise?” Alex smiled cheekily, finding it funny how Mina looked so serious.

“Promise.” 

“Nah. I was just kidding. I know how much you love playing games.” She chuckled before intertwining her hand with her girlfriend's.

Mina looked at her lovingly, showing her gummy smile that Alex loved to see. “But I love you more than I love my games.”

"Whatever you say. What about me? Is there something you hate?" Unlike Alex, mina already knew what to say. She had been wanting to tell Alex but she just couldn't.

“I hate it when you fan girl over those actors in the k dramas you watch. You have a lot of crushes.” Alex had too many celebrity crush that Mina lost count of it. Every time there's a handsome guy appearing on the tv, Alex would act all girly and fan girl over them, it's one of the things Mina hated to see. 

“Sorry. I just can’t help it, they’re all just so handsome and——“

“There you go again.” She crossed her arms this time, pretending to be upset.

“Sorry.” Alex animatedly zipped , locking it as well. 

Jennie’s P.O.V.

I’ve always wondered what would have happened if I was able to tell her what I truly felt. If only I had been honest about it then would I still be feeling this way? 

Whenever I think I’m ready to tell her, it always just happens that she already found someone, just like before.

As much as I want to get rid of all these feelings, I just can’t. No matter how hard I try, I couldn’t. I thought that if I went back to new Zealand, I would eventually move on, but no, I just missed her more and yearned for her every second. It’s like hell when I’m not with her. 

I guess I’m already late. Why am I always late?
Now I’m stuck between fighting for her and giving her up. Or maybe I’ll just stay in between?

I remember when Alex used to nag me about how I always come to school late and end up doing community service because of my tardiness. It became my motivation to go to school at least 10 to 30 minutes early. She was so proud of me at that time, she was able to change me for the better. 

Alex stayed beside me patiently when everybody already gave up on me. She puts up with my mood swings and crazy ideas, but would always remind me of my limits. I don't see anybody else doing it for me, only her. 

Looking at the pink rose I bought, it made me think twice whether I should give it to her or not. Would it be obvious if I give it to her? 
She'll probably accept it since she really likes pink roses. Best friends can give each other flowers right? 

"You're early." The girl who's always on my mind, placed her belongings on her table, and dug on her bag, looking for something. She had always been messy, but she can also be clean and organized if she wants to be. 

I chuckled before facing her, hiding the rose underneath my desk, it's thorns digging on my palms as I grip it hard.

"I didn't want to receive a lecturing from you early in the morning," I said jokingly, "Here." I took out the rose from under mu desk and gave it to her. Although she seemed surprised, Alex smiled brightly and took it from my hands. I knew she would love those. 

"You bought it for me? What for?" She asked as she inhaled the scent of the rose.

Reason. What's my reason? Because I love you so much.

"Huh? Oh. I just.... saw it on my table and it had your name on it. Maybe from a secret admirer?" Fxxk it. Here I go again, being a coward. Why am I having a hard time telling the truth? I could have just said that I bought it for her because she's the best best friend ever. This is why nothing ever happens to me.

Alex chuckled and let it rest on the table. "Secret admirer? Yeah right. I thought it was from you, I almost gave you a kiss for being the sweetest best friend ever." I knew that she's just joking but I can't help thinking about receiving a kiss from her. Oh how I regret telling a lie.

A frown appeared on her face, I'll do anything to replace that with a smile. "What's wrong?"

Her hands touched mine, carefully inspecting it. Her hands was so soft and it held mine like it's so delicate and she's afraid that it might break. I honestly think that her hands perfectly fit mine, but she probably thinks that her hand fits Mina's more. 

"You shouldn't have held the rose too tight. Look what happened." Alex's frown deepened, her eyes not hesitating to show concern. Nobody really cared about me more than her. Nobody makes me feel special other than her.

I suddenly felt the pain on my right hand, which I didn't even feel before probably because I was too into feeling Alex's warm hands wrapped into mine.

It was already bleeding and the pain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter