Chapter 1.5 [Jungkook's Struggle Part 2]

Fading Wings (a BTS WINGS fanfiction)

Jungkook was still waiting for the bat to crash down upon his head, but it never came. He felt a whoosh of air right in front of his face and his eyes shot open. For a second he was frozen in shock as his gaze fell upon Namjoon right as he slammed his fist into the mafia leader’s face and then sending him skidding away with a powerful side kick. Now Namjoon was standing next to him with an angered expression on his face. He was definitely NOT fooling around. It took Jungkook a moment before he finally connected the dots and realized that his hyung had just saved his life!
Then another man tried to sneak up behind the two. Just as he raised his fist to swing, he was startled as Rapmon suddenly him and fixed him with a withering glare. The man hesitated and that was enough time for Namjoon to punch him right in the nose. He shook his head,
“Man, these guys aren’t going to give up easily are they?” He said exasperated as he looked down at Jungkook who was still on the ground. He smiled a little and offered the boy his hand.

Jungkook was still staring wide-eyed at Namjoon. His appearance was so sudden that he didn't know how to react. He was very grateful and wasn't sure what would have happened if his hyung hadn't intervened just at the right moment. Slowly a small smile lit his features. He was bruised and bloody, not exactly how he wanted his hyung to see him. He was anything less than presentable, but Jungkook was unbelievably happy to see Namjoon. He looked at his outstretched hand for a moment before taking it. Namjoon clasped his hand tight and hoisted him to his feet. Jungkook’s legs were weak and seemed to be failing him at the moment as he could barely maintain his balance and nearly fell over again. The older male looked at him and grasped him firmly by the shoulders to steady him. 
"Jungkook, let's get you out of here." He said grimly. Concern swam in his eyes, but he didn't express much of it here as the mafia members were still a present threat and now was not the time to talk. Jungkook gave a slight nod. He had now maintained most of his balance, but he stuck close to Namjoon as he looked out at the gang members. His former assailants were now mumbling to themselves as they helped their leader to his feet. The man that had previously been knocked down was seething with rage. He looked as if he were about to burst a vein, but he was a bit shaken from the ferocity of Namjoon’s attack. He jabbed a finger at Namjoon and Jungkook as he looked around at his cohorts.
"What are you waiting for idiots?! Get them!" He exclaimed angrily.

Namjoon reacted quickly to the threatening comment. He turned to Jungkook and pulled out his cell phone. He looked into Jungkook’s eyes and leaned close towards him so their breath mingled.
“You trust me, right?” He whispered. Jungkook was surprised by their closeness and blinked in confusion.
“O-Of course Hyung… Wh-”
“Good. Then follow my lead. Understand?” Namjoon interrupted. The maknae nodded and his leader pulled away from him. He sent a quick text to an unknown number before turning back towards the gang members who were surrounding them.
Namjoon met the mafia leader’s flaming eyes with a cool stare. He was surprisingly calm in the situation while Jungkook couldn’t help but wonder just what he was planning. The younger didn’t want his hyung to be dragged into any of this. This was his problem! He wouldn’t allow Namjoon to get hurt if he could stop it. He was confused and scared of what was to come, but he had to trust Namjoon. He was the smartest and the leader.
Namjoon knew that what he was about to do would seem crazy at first, but he hoped that Jungkook wouldn’t try to say anything to stop it. If something went wrong… no. He wouldn’t think of the ‘what ifs.’

“Wait! We surrender…”
“Wha-?!” Jungkook was silenced by a sharp jab to his ribs as Rapmon raised his hands in surrender. Reluctantly he followed suit. This was his plan? To just give up? But Namjoon hadn’t finished his statement.
“Only if you surrender. You have two choices, surrender quietly or I’ll call the police and you’ll all be arrested for assault and attempted murder... If I were you, I would give up without a fight. Anything else and you'll be making your situation worse. The choice is all up to you though."


---------
Ah! Rapmon-hyung to the rescue! This is just Jungkook's part. I'm going to write a little mini "background" story based off of "I NEED U" and "RUN" MVs before going into the WINGS short films sorta. cx
I hope you guys liked it!