Prolouge

Fading Wings (a BTS WINGS fanfiction)

It was what everyone wanted, wasn't it? All the voices in his head were telling him to just disappear. All this pain wasn't worth it. But now... what was left of him? His memories were fractured and scattered and the only people who could piece them back together again were gone. Everything was gone. He'd lost it all....

The hurt, the betrayl, everything was a blurr now. He had been caught up in a deceit that ran much deeper that he had initially thought. Things seemed fine at first, but then they started sinking. Everything slipped from his grasp within seconds... They were all liars, every one of them, and he was merely a pawn in their cruel game. They had hurt him far deeper than any words could dare to describe...

Everything hurt, but he had to keep going. He someone he needed to protect. He had someone he cherished deeply that he couldn't let go. He wanted to take her and free her from the pains of the world and liberate her from the dark cage that she lived within. How he longed to take her place! But fate was cruel and unkind, how things twisted and turned in the story of life. He wished he could have the time back. He wished she could know that he did it all for her...

He was numb. Incredibly numb. He had nearly forgotten what it was to feel. Life had grown meaningless. That piano reminded him of his past; the good and bad times were reflected in it, but that one thing was stolen from him. Why was it always stolen from him?! Why did everything he love have to be eradicated from his life? He wished he could forgive himself for everything he had done. All his mistakes just seemed too much... He wanted to learn to find the light in him, really be did, but the darkness was so overwhelming. It threatened to purge his being from the remaining sliver of light within him... Would he ever be able to love himself again? Or would he be doomed to a fate living in self-hatred and misery?

The more hopeless things become, the more faded the light seems. He tried to find him again and again, but every attempt was thwarted. They were forever separated. His heart felt ripped to shreds when he though of the memories they shared, and he tried to find a way to attain that feeling once more, but in his attempts he only drove himself deeper into the pit of dispair... 

When he sought out help, he found that there was only agony and pain in the end. The two worlds were strung together by the slim tendrils of fate, fickle and unsteady. Everything was in a state of strange peace, and in the end he awoke to find himself in a newer and freer reality. He saw things he had never seen before and danced in the light of the sun. His past melted away and he had finally found his awakening. He had attained his wings at last.