Current Flight Status

Current Flight Status

He counted the final seconds in a painfully slow and gratingly agonised whispered as the digital timer on his cell phone ticked the end of the day. 53, 54, 55. Jimin drew in a breath, hoping against hope that by some kind of miracle time would stop for the next five seconds but it didn't. 56, 57, 58. With a second to spare, Jimin let his tears fall in silent protest as the clock struck 12 and October 14 flashed across the screen.

He nuzzled his face into the soft blanket he'd been offered by the air hostess and hide his face behind the plush as more tears escaped his tired, sleep-deprived eyes. Making sure that the boy sleeping next to him wouldn't notice, Jimin pushed himself as far away from Jungkook as his seat would allow to quielty cry in the now quiet airplane.

Of course they'd forget his birthday, it was only natural. With a concert in a different city everyday and fansigns and TV and radio interviews and magazine articles, the boys barely had time to sleep between schedules. It was wishful thinking to hope they'd celebrate a birthday.

Still, it kind of stung a little that they didn't even remember. No 'happy birthday' greetings, no twitter messages, no birthday hugs that he shared with Taehyung and Jungkook on every birthday and no blessings from the elder members of the group. They weren't just too busy to celebrate his birthday. They'd forgotten about it entirely.

And being suspended hundreds of miles above the ground Jimin knew there was no way they'd remember. They were back on their way from USA after a very tiring World Tour and it broke Jimin's heart a little that everyone was sleeping. Their cell phones switched off. There was no way they'd be able to receive any news or updates about Jimin's birthday either. No fan mails, no tweets, no birthday wishes from PDnim and his other teachers and no reminders. Not until they reached South Korea that is. And by then it'd be the 15th of October.

Jimin heaved a final sigh and choked on one final tear and let himself sleep. The pain in his heart acting like a drug.

*****

Yoongi stifled a sigh as he stretched his tired limbs, making his way to the in-flight bathroom. He washed up, having being woken up from his slumber by an elbow in the ribs courtesy a sleeping Namjoon, and made his way back to his seat. He run a concerned eye around the first class cabin making sure all of s were present and safe. Call him crazy but he was paranoid when it came to his band members.

Satisfied by the soft snores of the six others, Yoongi walked back to his seat, plucking his phone from the charging port and switching the thing on. He went to open the pdf of the book he had been reading when an alert message rang.

"Chim Chim Birthday!!!" the message screamed and Yoongi almost cursed. He quickly switched off the airplane mode on his cell phone and connected it to the airplane Wi-Fi. It took less than three minutes for his inbox to fill up with notifications from the staff members back in South Korea about the absence of birthday wishes from the members and his Twitter and Face book feeds were flooded with fan messages and tweets congratulating Jimin a Happy Birthday. Sharing one account everyone could read the messages sent to anyone of the group members.

He let the phone slide through his fingers in a rather dramatic thump and turned to look back at the boy sleeping in the seat behind his own. A deep-set frown was what marred his face and Yoongi felt his heart break a little.

He kept staring at the current flight status displayed on the TV screen. An idea making its way into his mind.

*****

"Why exactly did you wake us up hyung?" Namjoon whined to his right as he left his head fall limply onto Hoseok's shoulders. Yawning in the process.

Hoseok nodded his  jerkily and responded in a slumber-drenched mumble, "I only just went to sleep."

Yoongi eyed the five standing in front of him. Seokjin was holding a Mario soft toy, yawing into his neck pillow, his eyes twitching indicating sleep mingled with hunger. Namjoon with his head rested into Hoseok's neck was yawing too, his eyes already closed, and Yoongi could make out soft snores coming from the leader. Hoseok too had his head rested on top of Namjoon's his eyes barely open. Jungkook was clutching onto Seokjin's arm like a baby koala, eyes closed. Yoongi suspected him to already be in dream world. Taehyung, being no different from the other, was also rubbing his eyes sleepily, pouting.

And Yoongi cursed himself because they all were so very tired. It was the last day of the tour so everyone had gone all out at concerts and fan signs. Then there were the roundup interviews and a little incident with some sasaeng fans. Followed by a delayed flight and three sleepless nights, Yoongi really felt like an evil warlord preventing little four year olds from having their afternoon naps.

The thought soon flew right out of his mind when his eyes landed on the LCD attached to the seats they were seats in. It showed the current flight status while they were flying over New York. He shook his head grittily and evenly stated to the members in a monotone.

"Jimin's Birthday."

What followed were curses, swears, "Oh !" "Argh! I completely forgot!" and groans of despair and grief from the five members around him.

"I can believe I forgot to wish hyung a happy birthday" Jungkook whispered in disbelief, staring at the empty space in front of him. Sleep nowhere in sight in those doe eyes.

Taehyung, who was too shocked at the news that he forgot his best friend's birthday just stood numb as Hoseok commented, "no wonder he was so quiet during the interview today." His voice lacking the excitement that it always carried.

"God!" Namjoon wailed in the dead silence, ruffling his own hair in aggressive annoyance as he exclaimed "I feel like a git!"

Seokjin, who'd been quiet the entire time chuckled dryly as he directed his words to the leader, "imagine how I feel?" He replied with guilty sarcasm, "I'm supposed to be eldest and the "mother" of the group."

Silence fell over the quiet plane after that. A heavy silence that kept the boys from lifting their heads for some reason.

It wasn't that big of a deal actually. People could forget birthdays. It was a completely normal occurrence. It could happen. Except it was a big deal. It was a huge deal because this was Jimin's birthday. Because he'd been looking forward to it for the past six months, ever since they'd decided to throw a party and give gifts to each member on their birthdays from now on. And Jimin had been anticipating his own for far too long.

Yoongi looked at the downtrodden expressions of his mates and spoke evenly, making all eyes jerk at his words.

"We can still fix this, you know?" He stated in nonchalance.

"How?" Jungkook asked back. His eyes reflecting the energy that seemed to have suddenly started flowing in the eyes of the rest.

*****

"Should we wake him up now?" Hoseok asked gingerly, rubbing his hands nervously at the sight of the sleeping chubby cheeked boy.

Jungkook snorted and muttered lowly but loud enough to be heard, sass in his tone, "this is a joke."

"Hey!" Taehyung whispered-yelled at the boy. "It's better than your idea of hitting him in the head and hoping he'd get amnesia so he could forget about today. Brat!"

The other boy rolled his eyes, and replied back in a drawl with a bored expression, "I never pitched such an idea."

Namjoon, who was standing next to him, placed an arm over his shoulder and claimed, "you didn't but we could literally see you play out the scene in your brain, maknae."

"Guys!" Seokjin huffed from behind. He shuffled in closer towards the other five carrying the load in his arms with a grin, "it may not look like it. But, this is heavy okay?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes from the side bit out in gentle exasperation, "who told you to get so excited while making that thing then huh?" He then mumbled to himself lowly, "I swear he thinks it's his birthday or something."

"Min Yoongi," Seokjin called out with tight lips. "Do you want me to put you into place right now?" He continued with a threatening raised eyebrow, "in front of the kids?"

"Let's just wake Jimin up."

*****

"Deul. Saet!" Namjoon commanded with a grin on his lips while the boy looked at the leader with bleary eyes. Yoongi had shook Jimin awake. And rubbing his sleepy eyes confused, Jimin failed to understand exactly why s were gathered around his seat. Or why his Moni-hyung was yelling the greeting that he always does when they introduce themselves at a music platform.

But before Jimin could voice out his confusions the members responded to Namjoon's count with a loud "Happy Birthday Jimin!"

His eyes grew to an incredibly impossible size at those words. Jimin stood there open-mouthed as they separated to make way for Seokjin, who was carrying "The Creation of the Century" (that's what Seokjin named the thing. Right after he clicked a thousand photos of it from every angle humanely possible).

The cake - Seokjin's baby - was three tiered. And despite being made up entirely from sweet rice cakes, and half-eaten chocolate bars, Jungkook's marshmallows and Namjoon's favourite jelly beans it looked delectable. The bottom layer was made entirely from rice cakes, dry and wet alike, with pieces of jelly wedged between every second piece of rice cake. The second layer consisted of jelly beans and marshmallows all over the surface. The top layer was pieces of chocolate bars strewn randomly over the layer of marshmallows, topped with splashes of chocolate syrup that Jimin assumed Seokjin acquired from the cabin crew. All in all it looked pretty ravishing for cake made from leftovers.

The thank you, however, died on his lips when a raspy yet fatherly voice sounded through the cell phone speaker held in Hoseok's hand.

"Jimin-ah" came the voice of Bang PDnim, and Jimin could feel the tears prick the rims of his eyelids when he continued. "Happy Birthday! I thought I'd missed the chance. But Yoongi really is a genius." Followed by a chuckled he continued, "when you get back to South Korean I'll buy you Hanwoo, my boy. I'm proud of ya!"

When the voice cut, Jimin could feel the cold tears forming rivulets across his cheeks as he stared at the smiling faces of s. He felt his heart swell at the gesture but clearly his friends has more on the menu for him.

Taehyung,  stepped ahead and pulled out his cell phone from his back pocket. He switched it on and searched for a particular app. Peaking a glance at it when Taehyung turned it towards him with grin, Jimin literally fell to the floor in fits of laughter.

"I told you it'd come in handy someday" Taehyung snickered and gestured him to hurry and get up. "Now come on! The flame with blow off!"

Jimin quickly scrambled to his feet and made a big show of blowing out the digital candle on the screen, which went out as if it were real. It was just a simple app that showed a burning candle which would blow out like an actually blown out candle at the press of a button. But, Jimin thought it was both genius and thoughtful.

"Make a wish Jiminie!" Hoseok hollered from his side, his voice back at its normal pitched of the dolphin's cry.

Jimin then looked around at the plane. Tiny, palm-sized balloons littered the carpeted floor that Jimin knew were Jungkook's water balloons that he'd bought at the New York Duty-Free. The lights had already been dimmed because it was night time, and Namjoon's cell phone was being using to emit a disco light to give the place a party feel. The members were all wearing paper origami caps that had been haphazardly covered in red emergency colours. Jimin figured the members had borrowed stationary from the plane staff. He himself was sporting an origami crown that had been placed over his head sometime between the shock and tears he'd just experienced.

He then looked at s, and took note of how their elated faces poorly hid their fatigue. Hoseok look drained and his eyes, though bright as ever, hid exhaustion behind the lids. Taehyung and Jungkook had swollen eyelids that spoke of insomnia. Yoongi's dark circles appeared heavier than Jimin ever remembered them to be. And Namjoon and Seokjin looked lethargic to the point of dropping dead.

Yet here they were, celebrating his birthday (belated but details don't really matter right now). And the words that tumbled out his mouth were purely in the moment. But, he didn't really regret them either.

"I wish, I get to celebrate my birthday like this every year." And he cut the cake. Amidst cheers and applause and confetti that was clearly DIY and cut by hands.

Seokjin chuckled a brotherly laugh at him and ruffled his hair as he teasingly asked, "you wanna celebrated every birthday of yours midair on a plane, huh?"

Jimin simply replied back with a smile of gratitude.

 

*****

 

An hour later and the members were already in their little dream lands. Namjoon was snuggled into Jungkook's shoulder while he snored deeply into the younger boy's ears. Jungkook too, was out like a lamp, his headphones keeping him safe from Namjoon's demonic snores. Taehyung and Hoseok were also folded into their seats already drooling from the over-taxation of the day. Seokjin, being eldest and powerful and basically a bully, got the single seat to lie down on as he bear hugged his soft toy.

Jimin smiled at his sleeping companions before he settled down in his own seat next to Yoongi. Sleep not present in his tiny eyes that shone with glee. He was jittery with joy and Yoongi took pride in that.

"Had fun on your birthday?" he asked the cheery boy, smiling warmly at him.

Nodding his head like an eager two year old, Jimin whispered "yes! Thank you hyung!"

"I'm glad you did." Yoongi chuckled as he took hold of Jimin's in his own and continued, "I was scared we'd messed up."

"No way." Jimin exclaimed smiling warmly at the boy. "It was so much fun!" He laughed cheekily as he stated, "you made up for being late."

Yoongi leaned in closer, his lips hovering of Jimin's. "Well?" he started. And the pale boy could smell younger's spearmint breath. He could feel the warmth from Jimin's lips against his own as he said, "where's my return gift Birthday Boy?"

Jimin smiled shyly as he leaned back and responded sassily, "you get return gifts on the day of the actual birthday, hyung." He smiled a cheeky grin at the elder boy and stuck his tongue at him as he said, "try again next year okay?"

"Birthday Boy" Yoongi threatened in fake vexation as he leaned in once again, making Jimin lean away impishly. The pale boy shifted closer to Jimin, forcing him into a corner. And Jimin allowed him to as he was pushed into the window behind him. They were basically sharing a seat by now because Jimin had pulled the divider up.

"I'm not the Birthday Boy hyung," Jimin replied in a mischievous whisper. "My birthday already passed." He still leaned away enjoying the agitation he was causing his partner.

Yoongi shifted further in his, Jimin's, seat and pressing him further against the plane's walls glanced at the LCD screen that was showing the Current Flight Status. Yoongi tilted his head so his lips lingered near Jimin's ears and asked, "are you sure?" He smirked when he turned his eyes back into Jimin's.

Bewilderment crossed Jimin's features as he stared at the hovering boy. "What?" His mouth in an open-mouthed pout like a goldfish, making him look so much like the Mochi he was. Yoongi tilted his head so his lips lingered near Jimin's ears.

Yoongi turned to look at the LCD screen in front of Jimin's seat, making Jimin follow suit. The current flight status was being displayed. Soon, the puzzlement on Jimin's face gave to a look of clarity at the realization.

When Yoongi turned his head to look at the boy, his lips were met the world's most sinfully chaste kiss he'd ever had.

Yoongi kissed Jimin back hungrily as Jimin flipped them over, pressing Yoongi against the window. He bent to take the elder's lips into his own as he pressed impossibly close into him. Yoongi parted his lips giving Jimin entry without being asked and Jimin dipped his tongue in readily. He let the other boy taste him before exploring his mouth in slow desperation.

Soon, however, Yoongi took over this kiss. His tongue living up to its name as he flipped Jimin back into the corner, shoving himself into the boy's open arms. Yoongi let out his weakest whine at the way Jimin whimpered at the way his worked his tongue in the younger boys mouth. Jimin's fingers finding themselves tangled into the black mess of hair.

Yoongi soon pulled back to stare into Jimin's eyes. Their gazes reflecting love for each other. A trail of saliva running down their chins as they continued to simple gaze at each other. Before long, Jimin's lips found themselves kissing the trail following it down until he reached his companion's collarbone. The younger boy proceeded to at the skin, humming and into the sensitive spot. Knowing Yoongi liked the vibrations that came with it.

When Jimin looked up the eyes that met his own spelled love and something much more purer than want. His heart almost gave out at the look in Yoongi's eyes as he bent down to kiss the younger boy. Eventually, the two also dozed off. With Yoongi pressing butterfly kisses on Jimin's lips.

Jimin doesn't remember falling asleep or anything after that. The only things he does remember when he sets foot on the Gimpo Airport in Seoul, was the members smiling faces. The Birthday cake and the Party. The kiss with Yoongi. Them holding hands and then slept under the same blanket. And the Current Flight Status that Yoongi had showed him.

*****

Current Location: Flying above New York, USA
Current Altitude: 4000 miles above ground
Current Speed: 157mil/hr
Current Date and Time: October 13 | 12:04PM

 


 

Ya'll have NO IDEA the pain I had to go through to be able to Post this Story here ON TIME!!!!

I had written everything out and went to close the document. And when it asked if I wanted to save it or not I chose the ing DON'T SAVE option. Basically I spent half an hour trying to dig up my AutoRecovery Folder for the file!

But No! Life is never easy on me! I realized too late that my computer's setting don't allow AutoRecovery! Which I had to ing TYPE THE ENTIRE STORY ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

So yes, this isn't the exact same Version 1. But I think this is very, very close to it. (Bless my Memory!)

So I really really REALLY Hope ya'll enjoy this here story!

Because it took me THREE ING HOURS TO ACTUALLY TYPE IT OUT!!!!


Sorry about ^that. I was just Frustrated with Myself. (I hate my Forgetfulness sometimes..  *cries forever*  )
I hope Ya'll enjoyed the story!

Love,
Myself