Solar Got Married

Gomawo

On a lazy Saturday night, Solar was at Moonbyul's apartment. They were on the couch in the living room, Solar was channel surfing while Moonbyul was writing down random rap verses occasionally rapping out loud but silently. After she was satisfied with her flow, she looked up and paid attention to the TV. 

"Found anything yet?" Moonbyul asked casually. Solar sighed.

"Aniya." She said in a boring tone as she held up the remote and constantly pressed next channel.

They channel surfed together, trying to find something to watch. As Solar was changing the channel, Moonbyul glanced at her watch for the time. She smirked as she realised what time it was and waited for Solar to reach the correct channel.

"Stop stop!" She called. Solar jumped and stopped changing the channel as she turned to her fellow groupmate. She saw that Moonbyul wore a cheeky smile as she watched the screen. Solar tore her eyes away from the rapper and set it on the screen. Her eyes went slightly wide and an expression of pain and embarrassment was shown on her face.

"Aishhh! Let's not watch this." She said but before she could change the channel again, Moonbyul grabbed the remote and placed it on the side table beside the couch. Solar sighed and leant back as she watched the show. She wants nothing more than to punch the rapper who was making her watch the variety show she was on, We Got Married.

"Jota is so handsome." Moonbyul fangirled. "I was a panelist when he and Jinkyung first came on. Jinkyung's so pretty too!" She rambled, never taking her eyes off the screen. 

After a while, the couple changed from Jota and Jinkyung to Eric Nam and Solar. Solar groaned loudly as she dreaded to watch herself. Moonbyul grinned widely and sat up straight to watch her group leader's part of the show. She really does love to torture her older group member.

After a while, Moonbyul stopped teasing Solar as she watched Solar and Eric's part of the programme with interest. Solar would entertain the questions Moonbyul would occasionally ask like when the episode was shot, where was the location of a particular scene and if Mamamoo had a schedule that same day or not. Other parts, Solar noticed that Moonbyul was very quiet and that she had a soft smile on her face as she watched. Solar also noticed that it was during the scenes where she and Eric looked like they were having fun- they would be laughing, goofing around and it was those scenes viewers saw as genuine. 

"What's it really like?" Moonbyul voiced out softly as she lowered the volume of the TV after Solar's part was over. Solar turned to face her and raised her eyebrows. "Being on the show. With him."

"Ah, what's it like?" Solar echoed to make sure she got the correct answer. Solar blushed as she recalled how embarrassing some of the recording process had been. "To be honest it's weird. It's different when shooting and different while watching."

"How so?" The younger girl asked back as she scooted closer to Solar and folded her legs on the couch. 

"While recording there's like.. a million people following us around with cameras. I mean you were there for one episode right?" She paused as Moonbyul nodded. "Even then it was a bit awkward for us all. Imagine it being just the two of us." 

"Then when I watch it, like today," she paused and stared back at the screen. "Watching it from a third person's point of view is really where everything changes. There's so many grey areas. Is it just the show or am I really feeling something? If I am, is it genuine or forced? It's just.. complicated."

"I see." Moonbyul nodded her head understandingly. She turned back to the screen and thought hard for a while before turning back to Solar. 

"Unnie.." she called, Solar's eyes found her and her eyebrows raised slightly. "To be honest, when you first started the show, we were quite nervous. This area is no one's comfort zone. And you're doing so well."

Moonbyul paused for a while before continuing, "I know it's not true and you are put into situations in front of cameras and all, but something about you two in particular- seems a bit.. genuine?" Moonbyul said carefully, not wanting to say the wrong thing and upset her leader. "Am I wrong?" 

Solar sighed and rubbed her hands over her face as she leant forward. She brought her knees up and hugged it close to her chest. "No." 

"I've always been so caught up in our music and Mamamoo to care about such things. But being with him makes me think of what it would be like to be in a relationship with someone." Solar confessed as she dropped her knees down and sat facing Moonbyul. "It doesn't mean I want to be with him. But I wouldn't mind if we do end up together. I don't know anything right now to be honest. Currently it's all business to me."

"Currently- is the key word here." Moonbyul smiled softly. Solar smiled back and nodded as a blush crept lightly on her cheeks. 

Moonbyul looked at Solar and realised that it might not have been easy for her to let all of this out. She scooted over to the girl group leader and wrapped her arms around her for a hug. Solar hugged back instantly and burried her face in Moonbyul's shoulder. 

"You must have been going through many hard times because of this." Moonbyul started softly. "Thank you for doing this- following the schedules, never complaining, working hard and all. You're doing such a great job." She said even softer. 

Solar held Moonbyul even tighter. "I really needed to hear that." She said- voice muffled as her head was still burried in Moonbyul's shoulder. After a few moments, she pulled away and smiled at the rapper before her. "Gomawo."

"Of course." Moonbyul smiled. They turned back to the TV and saw that it was showing a preview of the next episode. Solar and Eric were laughing and running around. As the scene played before her, Solar smiled and giggled remembering the events that occured. 

"This relationship is not real." Moonbyul mused as she watched Solar laugh at something Eric said. "But I hope you'll find someone who makes you laugh like that for real."

She leant her head on Solar's shoulder and watched the screen as commercials started to play. 

"Gomawo, Byul ah." Solar whispered almost mutely. "I really needed that talk."